Favourite Past Habs 4th liner

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Since we are still 2 days away from a Habs game and a storm is burying down on central Canada, why not take a trip down memory lane?

Who was your personal favorite Habs 4th liner? For context these are players who either played exclusively in a 4th line role for the Habs or are generally considered 4th line players (I.e. Briere or Streit doesn't count as they were their out of circumstance).

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Since we are still 2 days away from a Habs game and a storm is burying down on central Canada, why not take a trip down memory lane?

Who was your personal favorite Habs 4th liner? For context these are players who either played exclusively in a 4th line role for the Habs or are generally considered 4th line players (I.e. Briere or Streit doesn't count as they were their out of circumstance).
Hands down Yvon Lambert

Reactions: azcanuck

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
surprised not everyone is saying Weise.

I loved Boutnival-Briere-Weise. They scored some big goals for us in the playoffs.

I would like a 4th line that is that offensive, while also being responsible defensively.

Unfortunately, I don't see Nate Thompson contributing to that.

Reactions: donghabs98

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Weise was also playing, for some time, in the top-6.. as was Deslauriers.

Kostopoulos was a 1st liner in Carbo’s world :laugh:

.. and Dandenault.
.. or Darche under Martin

Moen was interesting, although he probably played more on the 3rd line

Georges Laraque and George Parros though :sarcasm:

.. and Mark Streit :snide:

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Mike McPhee was a big winger who didn't score much in the regular season. But when things got intense and the checking tight in the playoffs he always scored big goals.
That's what you need on a 4th line. I like that we have guys like Armia who is the type of guy who should be ideal in the post season. And yes I know he's not a 4th liner here.

Reactions: AcadiaAxeMan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad