OT: Favorite Songs of 2013?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Not so much attacking you, attacking that opinion. THAT opinion that I hear weekly. Drives me insane. As someone who produces hip-hop it's a pet peeve. All these lost hip-hop fans with no where to go. :laugh: For me it's not that hard to find the good stuff if you find the time to listen. A lot of ppl just don't have the time or just simply don't know where to look. Sorry if I offended.

Also, the new Bone Thugs is pretty sweet

It's cool. And I you are right about a lack of time, between work, family and hockey I really don't have much time (or energy) to search.

But like I said, if you want to school me and share what you find I will gladly listen to anything new you post.

As for Bone Thugs, meh. It's as good as most of their stuff, but I have always had a meh feeling towards them.

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
It's cool. And I you are right about a lack of time, between work, family and hockey I really don't have much time (or energy) to search.

But like I said, if you want to school me and share what you find I will gladly listen to anything new you post.

As for Bone Thugs, meh. It's as good as most of their stuff, but I have always had a meh feeling towards them.

Yeah it's understandable. For me it's become such a daily part of my life that every extra minute goes to hockey and music. Everything else is nothing. :laugh:

I've always loved Bone Thugs. It's so good to hear the 5 of them back together and bringing back that 90's vibe. Loving that album.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Yeah it's understandable. For me it's become such a daily part of my life that every extra minute goes to hockey and music. Everything else is nothing. :laugh:

I've always loved Bone Thugs. It's so good to hear the 5 of them back together and bringing back that 90's vibe. Loving that album.
I just decided to do a google search for 2013 hip-hop releases and I see Smif n Wessun has a new album this month, how is that one? or have you listened to it yet?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
No I haven't. Haven't heard anything about it either. Hmm.
this is the lead single, I haven't listened yet but I am very disappointed Junior Reid is in it :laugh: and apparently the album is just an EP

edit - added a 2nd single, also with a reggae vibe

Last edited:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Pretty nice track. Got a nice reggae vibe. Not my cup o tea but I can dig it.
Seems to be a theme in the 2 videos they have up on their vevo.

What are your thoughts on Hopsin? I stumbled across him a while ago and it appears he has put his new full album on youtube

May 27, 2012
Earth
I am not a fan of Hip-Hop. I also don't like Country, and I am getting used to Dubstep. I pretty much like all music except both genres I mentioned. My favourites are Techno, Trance, House, Dance....pretty much anything electronic.

Listen to this. it is one of my favorites.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013

I'd also put down Royals by Lorde, but damn radio stations just want to ride that song all the way to hell. I haven't heard to anything from Metric's Synthetica yet. :(

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
Seems to be a theme in the 2 videos they have up on their vevo.

What are your thoughts on Hopsin? I stumbled across him a while ago and it appears he has put his new full album on youtube

I was blown away by Hopsin the first few times I heard him. Has a real Eminem type flow and great delivery. After listening to his full albums, there are a few notables. I hate his hooks... like a lot. To me they are just over the top and cheesy. They best one I've heard from him is "Nocturnal Rainbows." And also after a while his flow gets tired. Em is Em because he has SO many flows and SO many styles. Hopsin is kind of a one trick pony who hit it big and seems to be riding that. Just my opinion, I think he's dope tho.

These are far and away his 2 best tracks:

Last edited:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I was blown away by Hopsin the first few times I heard him. Has a real Eminem type flow and great delivery. After listening to his full albums, there are a few notables. I hate his hooks... like a lot. To me they are just over the top and cheesy. They best one I've heard from him is "Nocturnal Rainbows." And also after a while his flow gets tired. Em is Em because he has SO many flows and SO many deliveries. Hopsin is kind of a one trick pony who hit it big and seems to be riding that. Just my opinion, I think he's dope tho.
Since we were talking and today is a slow day for me I have been on youtube quite a bit, ended up on the Strange Music channel and they have some new (to me at least) artists that I really don't mind.

CES Cru I quite like, although it's creepy how much the one guy looks like Hopsin when he has the white out contacts in. White dude is really good IMO.

¡MAYDAY!, I love. I love the 2 styles that contrast contrast each other.

I am also embarrassed I didn't know Brotha Lynch Hung was signed there, I knew he had a working relationship with Tech, but had no idea Tech signed him. But then again I stopped listening to alot of the newer Tech stuff because I really don't like the rock/metal influence in his newer music.

Krizz Kaliko, I like him, he seems like he is kinda the Nate Dogg of Strange Music, the guy they call on for hooks and guest appearances but just doesn't stand out as a solo artist.

Prozak, I like what I have heard so far. Only listened to a couple tracks but he has a strong presence I think and I like how he tells a story.

Stevie Stone, still on the first track I came across "Grave Digga" and it's love hate. Don't like him singing and doing the hook, but really like his flow during the main verses.

back to Hopsin since I just saw your update, I do like those tracks. My favorite is Kill Her

Something about the line "First off I'm a little bit psycho, I know dumb like a mentally Pejorative Slured kid" just cracked me up the first time I heard it. :laugh:

also I think he is starting to get more diverse, Ill Mind 6 is one of the more personal songs I've heard from him and the flow is much more laid back. Maybe he is growing as an artist.

Last edited:

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
AH has me blocked so this is pointless, but I can't understand why someone would be giving up on hip hop this year, of all years. 2013 was great for hip hop.

- Yeezus
- Old
- Run the Jewels
- Doris
- Acid Rap
- My Name is My Name
- Nothing Was the Same
- Government Plates (if you consider that hip hop)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad