Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
you'll cowards dont even smoke crack - viper

Obama-Pointing-Smile.jpg

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
late bump. but did you listen to that on yeezus? that song grew on me but wasnt a top 5 song on yeezus for me.

I'd say even in the context of Yeezus it was my favourite, and that's saying something because there are a lot of great tracks on that album. "Blood on the Leaves" and "Hold My Liquor" are up there for me, though.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'm not sure 2013 had any songs I actually liked. As an old school hip-hop fan, new music is complete ****ing garbage for the most part.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
blood on the leaves, new slaves, even i am god were better than bound for me. its honestly not as bad an album as i thought it was the first time i heard it. i expected another MBDTF from kanye but i was dissapointed.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
So many hip-hop fans stuck in the 90's lol. Sad.
What's sad is the state of the music now. Half these "creative geniuses" mixing techno with hip-hop (and I use both terms creative and genius sarcastically), or guys with zero talent somehow gaining popularity it's disturbing. There is little creativity, there is no talent and "kids" these day have absolutely horrible taste.

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
What's sad is the state of the music now. Half these "creative geniuses" mixing techno with hip-hop (and I use both terms creative and genius sarcastically), or guys with zero talent somehow gaining popularity it's disturbing. There is little creativity, there is no talent and "kids" these day have absolutely horrible taste.

Smh... there's plenty of real hip-hop out there if your head isn't buried in the sand.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
really is a resurgence in good hip hop. joey badass, kendrick, even asap. i hear MF DOOM in a lot them.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

Smh... there's plenty of real hip-hop out there if your head isn't buried in the sand.
I stopped looking for it to be honest. I only know what I hear in the mainstream right now and quite frankly it's ****. After the better part of a decade looking and searching for good hip-hop and coming up empty more often than not I gave up and stopped looking. You really can't blame us for loosing faith in a generation that brought us crap like Soulja Boy, Drake and made Lil Wayne some kind of icon

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
I stopped looking for it to be honest. I only know what I hear in the mainstream right now and quite frankly it's ****. After the better part of a decade looking and searching for good hip-hop and coming up empty more often than not I gave up and stopped looking. You really can't blame us for loosing faith in a generation that brought us crap like Soulja Boy, Drake and made Lil Wayne some kind of icon

And that's a damn shame. You along with millions other share the same close minded opinion. Used to love hip-hop, it all sucks now. Well it's simply not true but nobody uses this thing we have called the internet to dig for the gold. Too lazy, or don't care enough. A damn shame indeed.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
And that's a damn shame. You along with millions other share the same close minded opinion. Used to love hip-hop, it all sucks now. Well it's simply not true but nobody uses this thing we have called the internet to dig for the gold. Too lazy, or don't care enough. A damn shame indeed.
Don't ****ing chastise me, if the majority wasn't garbage we wouldn't have this opinion. It is a well earned opinion.

If I was close minded I wouldn't be playing those videos you posted. Hell I will listen to anything you recommend.

I was so thirsty to try and find new hip-hop I even joined hip-hop messages boards a while back, but the type of people on there made me feel like I lost IQ points everytime I logged in so I stopped going there to preserve my own sanity.

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
Don't ****ing chastise me, if the majority wasn't garbage we wouldn't have this opinion. It is a well earned opinion.

If I was close minded I wouldn't be playing those videos you posted. Hell I will listen to anything you recommend.

I was so thirsty to try and find new hip-hop I even joined hip-hop messages boards a while back, but the type of people on there made me feel like I lost IQ points everytime I logged in so I stopped going there to preserve my own sanity.

Not so much attacking you, attacking that opinion. THAT opinion that I hear weekly. Drives me insane. As someone who produces hip-hop it's a pet peeve. All these lost hip-hop fans with no where to go. :laugh: For me it's not that hard to find the good stuff if you find the time to listen. A lot of ppl just don't have the time or just simply don't know where to look. Sorry if I offended.

Also, the new Bone Thugs is pretty sweet

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

I liked it. I am not sure which guy is who though :laugh: but the first one, his flow reminded me a bit of Red One from the Rascalz. One of the better songs I have heard over the past few years.

Liked this one too. It's funny I was thinking how much he reminded me of Method Man (in terms of his mannerisms, and attire) and next thing I knew there was Meth. :laugh:

Not a big fan of this one. I just didn't like the first guys voice, 2nd was much better though.
My initial thoughts are above.

I really think people try to do too much sometimes. I think the beauty of hip-hop (and any music) is the lyricism and I think too many producers try to outshine the artist. So I really like simple beats and production. I was really fond of artists like Jeru the Damaja for example.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad