Favorite Islander - All Time

BadFella

"$8 Million Goalie My Ass!"
Jan 9, 2013
Exit 105
The Islanders are a semi-distant #2 to the Devils in terms of my fandom, so I'd have to say Chico Resch. First goalie in Devils history, won a cup with the Isles, solid color commentator, has lived in the New York area since 1973, well before I was born. Nothing bad I can say about the guy. :)

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
<---------- My avatar as well. Guy just showed heart and soul. Wasn't flashy, just got the job done and was a leader. I became a fan of hockey and the Islanders in the late 80's and missed the dynasty years. All I had was mediocrity to root for but this guy was a pleasure to watch and always came up HUGE against the Rags!!! In my art class I made a sculpture of him and in my shop class I took an Isles mesh jersey and print screened his name and number on it. My brother ended up inheriting the jersey and wore it with pride. One of my childhood thrills was sending him a letter with a hockey card and him autographing it and sending it back :amazed: Still think he is the quintissential captain and leader!

IHateSidney

Oct 30, 2011
NY
I was only 2 when the Isles won their last cup but my Dad has all of them on tape and I used love to watch Bossy. However with the teams I was watching growing up I loved Palffy. He was my first jersey and was pissed as hell when we traded him.

Isles Fan

Sep 12, 2006
Patrick Flatley. Never has this team ever had a guy before him or since willing to muck along the boards like "Flats". His play made guys like Ferraro, Houge and Brent Sutter better.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Other than JT, my favorite was definitely Adrian Aucoin. The guy played hard every night, was solid in both ends of the rink and had a killer slapshot.

I'm right there with ya. I'm 27 and I only started following hockey in 2001, so I never got to see all the other greats like Bossy or Trottier play, I've just seen video or read/heard about it.

Aucoin was the ****ing man when he was here. He had good offensive upside, and he was a bull in the defensive zone. It was a shame he left for Chicago after the 2005 lockout for money $$$$. Since he left LI, he's been a shadow of the player he was here and in Vancouver

Islesfans1978*

The player who got me into hockey through my mother........Bryan Trottier!

Goombha

Raging Ryan
Aug 27, 2013
With the recent "how old are you" thread it clearly shows what a wide range of ages we have here. With that, who is your favorite Islander of all time?

I'm 49 and have pretty much seen it all. This is a tough choice, but mine is Mike Bossy. Probably the best goal scorer of all time and fun to watch. Al Arbour taught him to check and he became a solid defensive player (nothing like Trots, but solid)

Ditto. The game was never over when Bossy was on the ice - not even with only a couple of ticks left on the clock. What a luxury it was always being in a game. Honorable mention goes to Brent Sutter for one of the best end to end goal scoring rushes I've seen, and Ken Morrow for beatin' down the Russians before he joined the squad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad