Favorite Islander - All Time

tag0519

Jan 28, 2013
With the recent "how old are you" thread it clearly shows what a wide range of ages we have here. With that, who is your favorite Islander of all time?

I'm 49 and have pretty much seen it all. This is a tough choice, but mine is Mike Bossy. Probably the best goal scorer of all time and fun to watch. Al Arbour taught him to check and he became a solid defensive player (nothing like Trots, but solid)

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
If you take out Tavares, Mike Bossy was always my personal favorite. His picture should be in the dictionary next to 'pure goal scorer'.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
John Tonelli.

Not blessed with killer talent like the guys he played with --but BUSTED HIS ASS on the ice.

If today's players played with half the effort that he gave, the Isles would be a different team.

scott99

May 13, 2005
With the recent "how old are you" thread it clearly shows what a wide range of ages we have here. With that, who is your favorite Islander of all time?

I'm 49 and have pretty much seen it all. This is a tough choice, but mine is Mike Bossy. Probably the best goal scorer of all time and fun to watch. Al Arbour taught him to check and he became a solid defensive player (nothing like Trots, but solid)

I have to go with Boss also. It seemed shocking when he DIDN'T score on a rush down ice. Also, remember the days listening on radio, where you expected the Isles to score on every powerplay ? I would hear that an Isle's PP was coming up, Gillies-Trottier-Bossy would be there with Potvin-Persson on the point, and it was amazing how many times they scored on the PP.

Now I'm somewhat surprised when the Isles score a PP goal.

RMimagery

Jul 22, 2006

#91 has a shot.

I'm 44.

edit: Loved LaFontaine. In the 90's huge Turgeon and Palffy fan (hm to Hogue). Really enjoyed having AuCoin and Jonsson during their time here.

Last edited:

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Kenny Jonsson was always my favorite, probably because he was on mostly bad teams and really underrated.

Currently I love Bailey and JT.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
<<<<<<hmmm let me think about that one:sarcasm: ... the only Islander jersey i have ever worn is Trottier

currently it is Bailey & JT

Quine Gon Jinn

Apr 12, 2011
Long Island
Im to young to have an emotional attachment to any of the greats, but growing up I was absolutely in love with Ziggy, I still remember the day my dad told me he was traded I think I cried.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Besides Tavares ,Hammer, and Martin now...

My first favorite player was Darius kasparaitis. I had his cards,poster, met him a few times and was devastated when he left.

Derek King Palffy Parrish and Cairns were guys I liked a lot as well...

19NYSports91

Feb 1, 2012
Long Island
When I was really young my favorite players were Ziggy Palffy and Adrian Aucoin.

Currently its Travis Hamonic then John Tavares.

If I was older for the cup years, it would be Bryan Trottier easily. I love great two-way centers. I wish Ryan Kesler was an Islander.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
<<<<<<hmmm let me think about that one:sarcasm: ... the only Islander jersey i have ever worn is Trottier

currently it is Bailey & JT

Not only is Trotts my favorite Islander--he is my favorite athlete of all time and is the only jersey I currently own.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
A lot to choose from but my vote goes to Denis. He was the best d-man during his day in my book. Denis was second to Orr in my lifetime.

bvon44

Jul 3, 2006
Long Island
Other than JT, my favorite was definitely Adrian Aucoin. The guy played hard every night, was solid in both ends of the rink and had a killer slapshot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad