Confirmed with Link: Faulk to the Blues for Edmundson, Bokk

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
HEY!!!!!!

Missed you guys! I must admit, I kind of "go to sleep" during offseason, but I'm soooo excited to watch our boys play again this year! Can't wait to be posting more regularly with you all!

(Disclaimer: My Yankees are in the playoffs lol-- so I'll be around a little less during the first stretch of games). Hope you are well!

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
tumblr_m3h0xzj35d1qakh43o1_250.gif

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Where did the narrative that he couldn't move the puck on the PP come from anyway? Faulk shot a lot, but that was what he was expected to do when the PP was built on a 3 man game above the circles. A point shot is inefficient, absolutely, but so is an Aho one-timer and Teravainen corralling the puck and shooting from distance.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
That's why he was worth Bokk and Edmundson (essentially Edmundson and a 1st rounder in terms of value) in a sign-and-trade. That contract is risky, yes, but Doug Armstrong is no dumbass. People forget sometimes, but Faulk was and is a great player. The Canes made a great trade not because Faulk isn't good, but because it was cut-throat and cutting-edge asset management. Rarely do teams have the balls to trade pending UFAs while a team is in contention.

Last edited:

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
Where did the narrative that he couldn't move the puck on the PP come from anyway? Faulk shot a lot, but that was what he was expected to do when the PP was built on a 3 man game above the circles. A point shot is inefficient, absolutely, but so is an Aho one-timer and Teravainen corralling the puck and shooting from distance.
because his passing was telegraphed like 98% of the time. he could complete a pass but everyone knew what he was doing well before he did it, and subsquently the pkers knew whose shooting lane to get in front of. he would also almost never one-touch a pass, which was maddening.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
because his passing was telegraphed like 98% of the time. he could complete a pass but everyone knew what he was doing well before he did it, and subsquently the pkers knew whose shooting lane to get in front of. he would also almost never one-touch a pass, which was maddening.

It’s hard not be predictable when you have a pass first LHS to your left. If Faulk is passing and a shot develops quickly off that pass, it’s going to Aho at the right half-wall. Where Faulk needed to be better, imo, was the quick wrist shot through traffic in lieu of looking for the pass to his left or right.

That set-up is just no good. No one-timer to the left and a weak one to the right. Why’s it so hard for this team to find a RHS forward that can one-time the puck from the left half wall?

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
It’s hard not be predictable when you have a pass first LHS to your left. If Faulk is passing and a shot develops quickly off that pass, it’s going to Aho at the right half-wall. Where Faulk needed to be better, imo, was the quick wrist shot through traffic in lieu of looking for the pass to his left or right.

That set-up is just no good. No one-timer to the left and a weak one to the right. Why’s it so hard for this team to find a RHS forward that can one-time the puck from the left half wall?

Because we keep arguing that Gauthier is the better pure goal scorer :)

Reactions: Roboturner913

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad