Fasth or Hiller

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
If hillers ready he should start tonight. The blue jackets are a good one for him to be eased into. Ans honestly giving fasth some rest wouldn't hurt.

ViCiieux

Feb 8, 2013
Hiller is a big goaltender who plays the angles and the high percentage shots. He has problems when there is a big scramble around and the picks seems to leak through him late in games. I haven't seen Fasth do that yet.
I just see Fasth playing much tighter than Hiller. And I would say that is being more technical.
But really both is great goalkeepers! The next 10 games will be very interesting =)

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
If hillers ready he should start tonight. The blue jackets are a good one for him to be eased into. Ans honestly giving fasth some rest wouldn't hurt.

I agree with this, but tonight is a huge trap game and I can easily see a loss. The team is exhausted, they're finally home, Columbus lost two straight, and the Ducks are currently a team to beat. If they lose to Columbus because they play in front of Hiller the way they played in front of him in the game where he was injured, there's going to be a **** storm to not play him any more.

ShadowDuck

Captain Anaheim
May 19, 2011
Boston, MA
Hiller is starting tonight, according to Stephens and Dan Wood.

Perfect time IMO, it's against a weak opponent to build his confidence back.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Hiller is starting tonight, according to Stephens and Dan Wood.

Perfect time IMO, it's against a weak opponent to build his confidence back.

ya. now it just depends on how the team plays infront of him.
although we know the old hiller could steal this one with or without the team

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
:-( I was a little bit too fast with my bet....

Didn't expect a charity game for Hiller.

Hiller, please, prove yourself.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany

It isn't a charity game, though. Fasth had quite a bit of workload to handle, and it's going to be a tough schedule going forward, over which we and about every other team will need two goalies to get going. Playing the hotter goalie in the majority of games is perfectly good, but riding one until he's showing signs of exhaustion and hoping that the other catches his game at that very moment isn't a good way of handling the situation. It seems like a solid situation to just give Hiller a game.

Ducksgo*

Ehhhh we have Fasth and Gibson already attending training camp. Hiller won't see much here IMO give it 2 years we will have a whole new goalie lineup. Most likely Gibson becoming our starter and on the verge of Brodeur status. Kids just a stud god damn do I love our rookies and our scouts and our management. Sooo in love with our farm and our team. We're just straight stud status right now

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Ehhhh we have Fasth and Gibson already attending training camp. Hiller won't see much here IMO give it 2 years we will have a whole new goalie lineup. Most likely Gibson becoming our starter and on the verge of Brodeur status. Kids just a stud god damn do I love our rookies and our scouts and our management. Sooo in love with our farm and our team. We're just straight stud status right now

You really need to tone things down. I mean really. For someone as interested in young players, one would expect you to know the big steps ahead for those kids. As a goalie I'm as excited about what Gibson has done as anyone, but he has a damn long way to go. And Hiller actually is signed longer than Fasth, who might decide to walk after the year, so that's as soon as that plan could fall apart. Just take it down a notch, enjoy all that's worth enjoying, but be a bit more sensible about it, and don't go into full-blown ecstasy mode.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

This isn't a charity game. Hiller has 250 games under his belt, and has put up some very sexy numbers in his NHL career. Why should Boudreau risk burning out Fasth when he has a proven netminder waiting to play?

Jonimaus

Jul 15, 2011
Lund
This game will be very interesting. Hiller is facing the weakest team with an even worse lineup. I'm not saying if Ducks lose, it's Hiller, obviously it's a team effort, but if he gets a shutout or has a bad game, next few weeks gonna be fun. I've been a huge Hiller fan since 2010 Olympics where he had one of the best performances against Canada I've ever seen, so I hope he does good.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
This game will be very interesting. Hiller is facing the weakest team with an even worse lineup. I'm not saying if Ducks lose, it's Hiller, obviously it's a team effort, but if he gets a shutout or has a bad game, next few weeks gonna be fun. I've been a huge Hiller fan since 2010 Olympics where he had one of the best performances against Canada I've ever seen, so I hope he does good.

It would happen anyway. It doesn't matter who we play at this point. If Hiller plays, and the Ducks lose, it's going to be about how Fasth is better, how Hiller needs to go, etc... we saw the same thing with Giguere. Twice. First with Bryz, and then with Hiller.

Jonimaus

Jul 15, 2011
Lund
It would happen anyway. It doesn't matter who we play at this point. If Hiller plays, and the Ducks lose, it's going to be about how Fasth is better, how Hiller needs to go, etc... we saw the same thing with Giguere. Twice. First with Bryz, and then with Hiller.

Thing is, Fasth has earned a game to throw this season, Hiller has not. Apart from the game against Blues, Fasth has been good to fantastic. Obviously if Hiller has a bad game now, the calls for Fasth and the execution of Hiller will be the main topic. I say give Hiller 2-4 starts now unless back to back.

We need Hiller to come up big tonight just to save us from eenok.:help: Please Jonas?;)

I must be the only one who loves his posts, they make me smile.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Thing is, Fasth has earned a game to throw this season, Hiller has not. Apart from the game against Blues, Fasth has been good to fantastic. Obviously if Hiller has a bad game now, the calls for Fasth and the execution of Hiller will be the main topic. I say give Hiller 2-4 starts now unless back to back.

I don't think people are apologizing for Hiller. In my opinion, he hasn't been good enough to start the season. Fasth has. But Hiller has a history, and a damn good one, of being a real good goaltender. 250 games is a significant sample size.

I think Boudreau is making the right call here. Get Hiller in the game before the break. See how he looks. Not only can he move ahead, with an idea of where Hiller stands, but he rests Fasth at the same time and diminishes the possibility that he might get worn down.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Good for Hiller and very good for the Ducks.

My last post was stupied but I felt worried about my bet. ;-)

Hopefully both goalies continue too play good because that's invaluable in a Cup run.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad