Fasth or Hiller

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Whichever one stays healthy and performs. Impossible to say if/when Hiller will return to form or if/when people will get enough film on Fasth to exploit his weaknesses.

Adam Banks

May 16, 2011
Orange County, CA
I think it depends on when Hiller gets another start (I would imagine sometime between now and Monday depending on how he's feeling) and how well he performs when he does. Also when Fasth cools down and how badly he falls etc, etc. Anyways, short answer; I think that Hiller comes back and plays out of his mind for a stretch and that he ends up starting the majority of the games this season.

Jonimaus

Jul 15, 2011
Lund
Don't expect Fasth to fall hard. He is the real deal, he's had been dominating SEL in a weak team for a couple of years. While he might not be top NHL-level, he's better than a lot of the goalies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I think itll be a pretty even mix, unless one of them just drops off completely.

You figure we have (not postive) but 8 more back to backs if they split those and you add fasth currant 6 hell be at 15, depending on how soon hiller gets back and how he plays he could easily see 20ish games this season.

eenok*

fasth. see my DOT!?

sure. fasth in anaheim to rule. dont know about hiller. see no future here....anyways, byways and stuff..SURE THE BEST IS GONNA HAVE IT HERE. >fasth:nod:

people who dont understand that fasth is gonna be nr1 here arent inread in TEAM! argh...this is so clear fasth fasthfasth!fastma for everyboty..alright

EENOK, Hockeyprofessor, IL Finland

Fallenity

Apr 12, 2011
I think Fasth will start having issues when opposing teams notice how easy it seems to score on his five-hole. If he's an elite goalie, he'll start shutting it down quick and can continue with his current performance, but until that I'm sticking by Hiller. A good 6 games by his backup doesn't make all the good games Hiller has played during the past seasons irrelevant.

Maybe if Fasth is still starting when the playoffs come, maybe then. But until we even see Hiller back this question is moot.

eenok*

fasth hammers net while hiller keeps a tipping them in.

are you hillers cousin? hiller has never been this fasth in net...not at least in last season or this. amen

:handclap:....fasth a better goalie,mucho better

EENOK, Hockeyeyes ,IL Finland

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Don't expect Fasth to fall hard. He is the real deal, he's had been dominating SEL in a weak team for a couple of years. While he might not be top NHL-level, he's better than a lot of the goalies.

Thinking the same way. I don't expect Fasth to fall apart. He has looked sharp, but without doing anything that isn't usual for his style. His numbers won't always be as pretty, but I don't think his current play is giving us a wrong impression whatsoever.

That said, at this point, I believe that the ultimate answer to the question is a lot less about Fasth than it is about Hiller. I'm confident Fasth's play will be consistently good enough to require him to push himself to have to be very good. Either way, I am not overly worried about our goaltending right now.

eenok*

next time hiller in net expect him dig many pucks from net as he did from last season., why expect anything else. no memory , king of wishfullness thinking?:help:

EENOK, HOCKEYPROFESSOR, IL FINLAND!

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
next time hiller in net expect him dig many pucks from net as he did from last season., why expect anything else. no memory , king of wishfullness thinking?:help:

EENOK, HOCKEYPROFESSOR, IL FINLAND!

Eenok, your memory seems quite selective, if one was to believe everything you say. Hiller was weak at the beginning of the year, but the second half of last season he was outstanding. One of the better goalies in the entire league for that stretch.

But I don't think you're being entirely sincere with us in at least some of the posts you have for us, anyway. :)

RemoteFan

Couch GM
May 25, 2007
On my couch B*t*hing
I have a feeling since Hiller didnt have a great start he might be over exaggerating his injury.

Any which way though I am very happy with Fasth. He looks confident with each SOG.

Corey Perry*

He said he came here to be a starter. I don't see him staying here.

I think there's a chance that we sign him for 1 year for 3-4.5 million, and we have a 1A/1B situation next year to see who becomes our starter long term, as Hiller is a UFA after next year.

This is a difficult situation, as we don't want to commit to a guy long term after only 1 season, but he's been better and more consistent than Hiller has. One thing I hate about Jonas is that he's either amazing, or dog crap, and he's the latter a little too often.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
It's still way early in the season (even a shortened season) but if Fasth keeps playing more and keeps playing this well I could see us signing him to a 3 year deal for starter money and either keep Hiller in his last year, or trade Hiller and hope Anderson can make the jump to back up. Next year Gibson goes to the A and after that he could potentially back up Fasth for at least 2 years.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
It's still way early in the season (even a shortened season) but if Fasth keeps playing more and keeps playing this well I could see us signing him to a 3 year deal for starter money and either keep Hiller in his last year, or trade Hiller and hope Anderson can make the jump to back up. Next year Gibson goes to the A and after that he could potentially back up Fasth for at least 2 years.
Ideally that'd work, but that's a tough proposition in a year when Fowler's raise kicks in and we're ostensibly trying to resign our current UFAs or their replacements.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
we can't sign fasth to a 1 year 3-4.5m year contract. its not doable with our twins needing contracts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad