Fastest Series (On ice speed)

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think people are overestimating the Lightning in the playoffs. Columbus isn't like past #8 seeds IMO. I don't think this will be like Tampa Bay vs New Jersey last year, I think Columbus will be able to give the Bolts a legit challenge if Bobrovsky doesn't implode.

Based on how teams did since March 1st, I'd say that either Boston-Toronto will be the fastest series. The Leafs are 7-7-4 since March 1st, which is 24th in the NHL over that window. The Bruins are 9th with a 11-7 record. The Jets-Blues is another good series to look at with that, since the Blues ended the year exceptionally hot and the Jets were kinda mediocre to finish the year.

goeb

Oct 24, 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
I think people are overestimating the Lightning in the playoffs. Columbus isn't like past #8 seeds IMO. I don't think this will be like Tampa Bay vs New Jersey last year, I think Columbus will be able to give the Bolts a legit challenge if Bobrovsky doesn't implode.

Based on how teams did since March 1st, I'd say that either Boston-Toronto will be the fastest series. The Leafs are 7-7-4 since March 1st, which is 24th in the NHL over that window. The Bruins are 9th with a 11-7 record. The Jets-Blues is another good series to look at with that, since the Blues ended the year exceptionally hot and the Jets were kinda mediocre to finish the year.

Yea logic tells me TB should sweep the Jackets...but my gut tells me otherwise.

Jackets went all in these playoffs, so you have to imagine they will put up a fight by at least extending it to 6 games. Bobrovsky will need to finally have a good post-season for the Jackets to even be competitive though.

Kind of tough to go against the Blues here for fastest series, but Jets can start to turn it on with the talent they have.

Wouldn't be shocked if the Isles fall down to earth and Pens disposed of them in 5 games.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Tampa/Cbus

giphy.gif

Reactions: J T Money

sandybridge

Welcome Taylor
Jun 24, 2018
An extension of the most physical series, what is going to be fastest series?

Homer vote to Flames vs Avs

This gets my vote as well.

Aves have played well down the stretch, but the Flames are just several echelons above them, I don't see how they can make it past game five, where literally they are outclassed on every line and every defensive pairing.

gtrower

Feb 10, 2016
Caps-Canes is going to be a hell of a series IMO, I don't think it should be mentioned in here.

Curious what your reasoning is. Canes have been hot since the deadline but the Caps have as well. Caps have WAY more playoff experience, home ice, and beat up on the Canes in the RS - including 2 wins when the Canes were desperate for Ws the last few weeks.

It’s hockey, so the “paper” isn’t worth much once the puck drops, but on paper Caps in 5 would be a popular pick.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Curious what your reasoning is. Canes have been hot since the deadline but the Caps have as well. Caps have WAY more playoff experience, home ice, and beat up on the Canes in the RS - including 2 wins when the Canes were desperate for Ws the last few weeks.

It’s hockey, so the “paper” isn’t worth much once the puck drops, but on paper Caps in 5 would be a popular pick.

The bolded is pretty much my reasoning. I don't think the Canes will beat the Caps, definitely not, but I do think it will be a legit series. Their run since the deadline has been too good for me to think that they won't even make it a series with the Caps, even though I do think the Capitals will win. That's not a knock on the Caps, it's me thinking that a team as hot as the Canes won't be a cakewalk in the 1st round.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Not that it would ever happen, but I would love to see the Jackets and Canes win if for no other reason than shaking up this playoff format.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad