fastest players into the hall

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
Its a different league. I'm not asking you to agree, nor do I care if you do. I see Mcdavid as the most dominante player in the NHL right now.

He might be "the most dominant player" without being very dominant, id argue that is infact what he is actually- He is "merely" slightly better than the other top players.

cupface52

Jan 12, 2008
Burlington, On
The only one? Kucherov led the league in 18/19, was third in 17/18 and fifth (four points from second) in 16/17. You rave about me being pedantic when all I’m doing is using facts that shoot down the idea that McDavid has dominated the NHL...especially the nonsense that you are spewing.

You've ignored a number of things, just like cherry picking and flat out making up things to try to prove you’re right.

FFS just admit that nothing shows he is dominant and that you’re wrong.:laugh:

Dominant - very important, powerful, or successful - So yes, McDavid is the most dominant player in the league. 2 Art Ross in 3 years, likely to be 3 in 4 years.

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
Dominant - very important, powerful, or successful - So yes, McDavid is the most dominant player in the league. 2 Art Ross in 3 years, likely to be 3 in 4 years.
1) If you want to use that definition than being a top scorer means nothing when it comes to being dominant.
2) “commanding, controlling, or prevailing over all others” The first definition listed by Mirriam-Webster applies much better here and, as I’ve already pointed out this is not what has happened with McDavid.
3) If we are going to use your cherry picked definition that Crosby would be the one who has been dominant.

You guys crack me up with how you bend and twist to try to claim McDavid dominates the NHL.

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
Jose Theodore won the Vezina and the Hart Trophy at the age of 25

At the age of 31 Jerome Igninla won the Mark Messier Leadership Award

Which one of them is more likely to be in the Hall of Fame?

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Seeing as you can't get in until after you're retired, the fasted inductees are the guys who got in without having to wait the full period. That list includes Gretzky, Lemieux, Belliveau, Lindsay, etc.
Tell that to Chris Pronger.

He was still on an NHL roster, in the HHoF and an employee of the NHL in player safety.

pronger physics for the win!

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Gretzky is an obvious one.

Robert Orr

By the end of his 4th season he had....

- 3x Norris
- 1 x Smythe
- 1 x Art Ross
- Re wrote the record books for defensemen
- Calder
- 3x 1st AST, 1x 2nd AST
- 1 x Hart Trophy

FWIW he added another Hart/Norris/1st AST in his 5th season if you wanted to stretch it another year.

Orr was inducted into the Hockey Hall Of Fame at 31 years-old!
He was younger than guys like Crosby and already in The Hall.

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
What about those that deserved it but they didn't get much press in the Original 6 cities (or they played very well against them)?

Mostly they get ignored, or worse, when they are in serious consideration people start bad mouthing them publicly.

powerbomb

Apr 6, 2013
The factual* answer to this question is Mario Lemieux. Born in 1965, inducted into the Hall of Fame immediately upon his first retirement in 1997 at the age of 32, he was one of three players to actively play in the NHL while already being enshrined in the hall (along with Gordie Howe (inducted at age 44) and Guy Lafleur (age 36)).

The nature of the OP's question is a strange one because there are countless examples of players that achieve measures of relative greatness early in a career only to fade with time, which is why you don't evaluate a body of work that isn't even half finished yet. It'd be like claiming art as a masterpiece before the sculptor started working on the face of the statue. While I would be shocked if a player of Conor McDavid's caliber hit such a wall, I don't understand the rush to skip to the end of a story and regale what a legend it all must have probably been.

EDIT: I stand corrected with respect to fastest (by age) into the hall. Bobby Orr, you magnificent ba-duh-bum-bum-bum... (lovin' it)!

Last edited:

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Orr was inducted into the Hockey Hall Of Fame at 31 years-old!
He was younger than guys like Crosby and already in The Hall.

Its a shame his career ended early but the advantage is that all our memories and footage of him is pretty much while he was the best player in the world. I have no doubt he would have been elite until the end like Howe, Wayne and Mario but it wouldn't of been the same. (I.E. how many highlights or videos do we see of Gretzky playing with NY?... none)

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Its a shame his career ended early but the advantage is that all our memories and footage of him is pretty much while he was the best player in the world. I have no doubt he would have been elite until the end like Howe, Wayne and Mario but it wouldn't of been the same. (I.E. how many highlights or videos do we see of Gretzky playing with NY?... none)

How about Gretzky in LA though? Orr was essentially done when he was younger than Gretzky when he left Edmonton. He was 26 his last real season he had 135 points won the Art Ross and pretty much in the first year or two of his prime as a defenceman. People forget how young he was once he was done. He tried to hold on for a few more years but only play 36 games.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I wouldn't put McDavid into the HoF if he retired today unless it was due to an injury. I think he's a small handful of years away from earning a 1st ballot HoF + voluntary retirement not due to injury.

He should be adding another Art Ross this year to his trophy case this year, and potentially a Hart.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I am a Leafs fan, i LOATH the Oilers, I would like nothing more than to say McDavid is just good, but thats not true. He is the best in the game right now. Each year another player will step up and push him for the title that specific year. But it is safe ot say he will always be the one player who is near the top if not clearly at the top.

None of this was up for debate and no one ever said otherwise, what was the point of this post :huh:

MrThomas

Oct 31, 2017
Moscow
Patrik Laine has been the best goal scorer teenager of the decade. He still needs few seasons though

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
It is a bit of a joke that he isn't in but Tom Barrasso won the Calder, Jennings, Vezina (and another runner up), one first and one second team AS before he basically turned 20. He then won 300+ more games, had another two Vezina runner ups and a 3rd place finish, won two Stanley Cups, broke the record for consecutive playoff wins and career assists by a goalie, and they won't let him in at 54.

My Best-Carey

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
It is a bit of a joke that he isn't in but Tom Barrasso won the Calder, Jennings, Vezina (and another runner up), one first and one second team AS before he basically turned 20. He then won 300+ more games, had another two Vezina runner ups and a 3rd place finish, won two Stanley Cups, broke the record for consecutive playoff wins and career assists by a goalie, and they won't let him in at 54.

My Best-Carey

Very cool and very very legal

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot