Fast Sent Down

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
defensively fine, didn't do much on the O zone.

I fail to see how it was a disappointment, he showed he's not out of place at the NHL level, but with Hagelin coming back he can back to HFD and work on his game

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
That was fast.

2s9tztl.jpg

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Eh, it was bound to happen once Cally and Hagelin got back but I don't understand why he wasn't given a real chance with skilled linemates and why he's a right handed shot but couldn't get a chance on the PP.

Hopefully he plays well in the minors gets around 20 minutes a night and PP, PK, and top six minutes and is back by December.

Not happy Pyatt is still there but AV trusts him.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
I was surprised he made the team out of camp. I had zero expectations of him making the big team before training camp started. He will develop better getting top six minutes in Hartford.

Definitely not a disappointment. He showed he could hang defensively but his offensive game needs some development.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
Got his feet wet hopefully he took a lot out of the experience and works hard with the pack, he didn't do much offensively but wasn't a liability at all defensively, why he's gone over pyatt is beyond me but it is why it is.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Honestly, the part of his game I thought he would have to work on was his defensive play and that looked very good. He will be fine. Let him play a lot of minutes down in the AHL and help that team win. He needs to find a way to balance his defensive and offensive responsibilities. This is what they should, and most likely will, do with Miller when Callahan comes back.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
At the rate at which they are playing today, as long as Kreider is still seeing minutes with NYR when fully healthy, the rest of the send-downs don't matter to me.

I did not expect Fast to be as good as he was defensively. AV showed a lot of trust in him giving him good time on the PK, as well. I wish he had a chance to show more with some offensive guys, or get a little PP time, too.

This short stint in the NHL should do wonders for him at the AHL level.

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
It's fine. No big deal.

The problem is, he's sent down in favor of Pyatt. Anything to keep Pyatt around. This is getting ridiculous. As I said in other threads, Sather has to remove him, because the coach won't.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Shouldn't have been up in the first place. This is good for him.

This. Absolutely the best thing for his development.

Edit - I know Pyatt is the new whipping boy but how does waiving him to keep up Fast make any sense at all? He is at least a serviceable 4th liner. Why risk losing that to keep a kid playing 4th line minutes? Makes no sense. Let Pyatt grind away until he is a UFA, hell go ahead and scratch him. But send Fast down to develop.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
I know Pyatt is the new whipping boy but how does waiving him to keep up Fast make any sense at all? He is at least a serviceable 4th liner. Why risk losing that to keep a kid playing 4th line minutes? Makes no sense. Let Pyatt grind away until he is a UFA, hell go ahead and scratch him. But send Fast down to develop.

Exactly. The best thing for Fast's long term development is for him to play meaningful minutes in all situations. And keep him away from the mess that is the varsity.

I care more about letting Fast develop than watching Pyatt's career disintegrate. Especially when the difference between this team losing and this team winning is not playing Fast and waiving Pyatt.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Fast should eventually be a good offensive player. This should help him develop his offensive game. He needs to put some pucks in the net and it doesn't look like much of that is going to happen in the NHL right now.

Crazed Beaver

Jul 3, 2012
Swamp
Exactly. The best thing for Fast's long term development is for him to play meaningful minutes in all situations. And keep him away from the mess that is the varsity.

I care more about letting Fast develop than watching Pyatt's career disintegrate. Especially when the difference between this team losing and this team winning is not playing Fast and waiving Pyatt.

This is probably the most logical way of looking at the situation. However, I would just add that if the time comes where a realistic shot at making the playoffs is out of the question then I would like to see a full blown youth movement.

Imagine a scenario where a young kid sees time on the ice with linemates that can actually skate?

Imagine a lineup full of energy and motivation instead of journeyman pylons who at their best arent good enough to play av's system.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Pyatt sucks. Fast looks to have some real future but IMO he's not ready to contribute offensively which is an important part of his game. Hagelin's coming back as well. Personally I'd sit Pyatt and see what Mashinter can do but if nothing else Fast should go down and we'll see if he can start producing some offense.

theFiGS

Oct 13, 2013
This is probably the most logical way of looking at the situation. However, I would just add that if the time comes where a realistic shot at making the playoffs is out of the question then I would like to see a full blown youth movement.

Imagine a scenario where a young kid sees time on the ice with linemates that can actually skate?

Imagine a lineup full of energy and motivation instead of journeyman pylons who at their best arent good enough to play av's system.

I suggested a full rebuild with all the kids up mixed with Callahan Hagelin stepan Richards Nash and I got slammed but I don't get what people on this board want. We play the kids they'll finish with a top pick we play with these vets we get a top pick either way. I wanna see kreider miller fast lindberg kristo up now and trade away the spare parts we have for picks

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Shouldn't have been up in the first place. This is good for him.

Agreed.

learning the NA game is tough enough in the AHL.

asking him to do that at the NHL level is asking ALOT

10 games in and it's only been a limited few times where I was like WTF are you doing kid.

He's going to be fine, but he needs a season at least in Hartford.

I wish there was a different HC down there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad