Fast Sent Down

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
With Hagelin getting back it was a numbers game and someone had to go down. Krieder and Miller have looked really good so far so until the Rangers are going to waive Pouliot and Zuccarello, the guys who can be optioned, will be.

I suggested a full rebuild with all the kids up mixed with Callahan Hagelin stepan Richards Nash and I got slammed but I don't get what people on this board want. We play the kids they'll finish with a top pick we play with these vets we get a top pick either way. I wanna see kreider miller fast lindberg kristo up now and trade away the spare parts we have for picks

Things keep going the same direction and it'll happen.

Crazed Beaver

Jul 3, 2012
Swamp
I suggested a full rebuild with all the kids up mixed with Callahan Hagelin stepan Richards Nash and I got slammed but I don't get what people on this board want. We play the kids they'll finish with a top pick we play with these vets we get a top pick either way. I wanna see kreider miller fast lindberg kristo up now and trade away the spare parts we have for picks

Purely from a selfish standpoint i'd love to see them all up now as well but I guess im not the typical fan. Considering how many minutes pyatt gets and even power play time im at a loss to even attempt to understand the current line of thinking so if thats the solution then we have no shot. I can get behind a soft team that is icing a bunch of kids because players grow into their roles and need to develop. What I have a problem with is veteran players unwilling to take the body and lacking the ability to finish filling top six roles. Its hard to make a mark offensively with boyle, pyatt etc as linemates yet our kids are somehow susposed to produce with these guys in order to earn more playing time. Kreider was the best ranger on the ice last night which was possible only because he was getting top line minutes. I dont care what anyone says, kreider has arrived. He always had the skill he needed opportunity and patience and finally he is flashing consistent. Playing miller at center is another step in the right direction. Id like to see Pou-miller-fast for third line.

Simply put we're ****ed because our kids arent quite ready and their replacements are in over their heads. I think the rangers are a legit contender for the cup when healthy. Like you, I take a lot of enjoyment watching the kids and given the current situation it couldnt be worse. I dont need the rangers to win to enjoy the season given the fact i really like the crop of kids, I just dont like watching the jags treading water. Their were many of these same posters on this board saying kreider should be in the AHL and their was merit to that view but the kid is here to stay and why not show some of the same faith in some of the other kids? Im not sure i want gernander developing them anyway, most of them are 21/22/23 its not like they are eighteen year olds.If we wont play them now we never will. How much more water do we need to take on before we head for shore?

Last edited:

theFiGS

Oct 13, 2013
Purely from a selfish standpoint i'd love to see them all up now as well but I guess im not the typical fan. Considering how many minutes pyatt gets and even power play time im at a loss to even attempt to understand the current line of thinking so if thats the solution then we have no shot. I can get behind a soft team that is icing a bunch of kids because players grow into their roles and need to develop. What I have a problem with is veteran players unwilling to take the body and lacking the ability to finish filling top six roles. Its hard to make a mark offensively with boyle, pyatt etc as linemates yet our kids are somehow susposed to produce with these guys in order to earn more playing time. Kreider was the best ranger on the ice last night which was possible only because he was getting top line minutes. I dont care what anyone says, kreider has arrived. He always had the skill he needed opportunity and patience and finally he is flashing consistent. Playing miller at center is another step in the right direction. Id like to see Pou-miller-fast for third line.

Simply put we're ****ed because our kids arent quite ready and their replacements are in over their heads. I think the rangers are a legit contender for the cup when healthy. Like you, I take a lot of enjoyment watching the kids and given the current situation it couldnt be worse. I dont need the rangers to win to enjoy the season given the fact i really like the crop of kids, I just dont like watching the jags treading water. Their were many of these same posters on this board saying kreider should be in the AHL and their was merit to that view but the kid is here to stay and why not show some of the same faith in some of the other kids? Im not sure i want gernander developing them anyway, most of them are 21/22/23 its not like they are eighteen year olds.If we wont play them now we never will. How much more water do we need to take on before we head for shore?

Exactly, thank you for this post. I enjoy the rangers and I'm as competitive as they come I want to see my team win as bad as the next guy BUT it is entertainment and right now seeing guys like pouliot pyatt dorsett etc. is not entertaining.. I believe no matter what approach the rangers take we are headed for a top pick so why not give the kids minutes? I think having kreider start in the ahl was very good for him but now he needs to stay up with the big boys . Fast should still be up but he'll be back there's no way a team can feel pyatt is a better option than some of the young guys. At the end of the day it's about winning a cup but if we aren't gunna win this year or next ENTERTAIN ME.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
pleased that hes been sent down to the AHL. for us to improve in the long term, Fast needs to become a difference maker offensively. His defensive work is fine, especially for a young player, but 1st line minutes in Hartford is a must for him to develop the confidence in NA hockey to make plays and finish plays.

Punxrocknyc19*

Pyatt is a bottom 6 player. Those are supposed to be not very quick. If you want Pyatt out, get someone to replace him. JF is not bottom 6 guy by projection.

how about Andrew Yogan
... Yogan must suck if he couldnt replace Pyatt :help::shakehead:sarcasm:

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Pyatt is a bottom 6 player. Those are supposed to be not very quick. If you want Pyatt out, get someone to replace him. JF is not bottom 6 guy by projection.

Not all bottom 6 guys are slow. Look at Dorsett. Guy can skate. Dom Moore can skate. Being bottom 6 does not mean plug. Chimera is great in the bottom 6. He is lightning quick. Contrary, guys like Cory Perry, Joe Thornton, and such are slower, but are top line players by skill. Speed does not equate lineup placement

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Fast had a nice cup of coffee in the NHL.

Now he can get some better minutes in the AHL and progress they way he should have if this team was fully healthy.

Wolfy*

Oh Pyatt, cant send him down. He'll clear waivers and we're gonna have to pay him 1.55 mill in Hartford. Buyout only option, he's a UFA anyway.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
lets just be honest, we dont have any really good young forwards right now that are nhl ready

we have young forwards. and we might even have some ok young forwards. we do have some good forwards, but they arent really young.

but we really dont have any really good young forwards. look around the league, theres a lot of them. just not on our team.

we do have the market cornered on average non young forwards though

im thinkin its time to point the finger at our top notch draft braintrust.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
lets just be honest, we dont have any really good young forwards right now that are nhl ready

we have young forwards. and we might even have some ok young forwards. we do have some good forwards, but they arent really young.

but we really dont have any really good young forwards. look around the league, theres a lot of them. just not on our team.

we do have the market cornered on average non young forwards though

im thinkin its time to point the finger at our top notch draft braintrust.

Are you counting players currently in the NHL? Because Kreider sure as **** looks NHL ready lately.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Kreider looks like he finally may be getting it and looking at him on our bench he looks like a ****ing beast about twice as wide as some of our other players.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Exactly. And with that said, he showed he can handle the NHL. Which is a good thing for us as he develops.

The OP is fairly ludicrous. Disappointing? Not in the least. Encouraging if anything.

He had 0 points in 8 games, and was a -5. I wouldn't say he showed he can handle the NHL.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Are you counting players currently in the NHL? Because Kreider sure as **** looks NHL ready lately.

a solid skater for sure. great build and frame. but his hands look more like lobster claws and his hockey smarts, so far, have played hide and seek. he has the tools and room to improve with experience. no doubt.

ill give you hes our best one but that illustrates my concern.

we havent got anyone who might light it up other than maybe a very raw buchnevich.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
I think he did. He didn't look out of place. Looked quite well defensively, even. He's certainly a NHLer. Just depends on whether he can be a top 6 player or a bottom 6 player.

and see thats the rub. no matter what we do, we always seem to develop those 3rd line type guys.

at this point, kreider hasnt shown anything at the nhl level other than speed and hustle cause his scoring results so far have been woeful.

drafting i tell ya.... its the drafting

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I know it's HF and we all have a hardon for prospects, but throwing kids into the fire when they're not ready for it isn't great way to develop them. I get the whole "we might as well suck with kids instead of Pyatt" thing, but it's not necessarily good for them.

I was fine with Kreider coming back up because he looked good in the AHL, and like he was ready for the next step. Kristo doesn't look ready to me. Lindberg isn't ready. Fast isn't ready. Hell, I don't think Miller is ready, personally. Physically yes, mentally no. I think he should be back down.

When you think of an education, there are steps on the road to college. You don't go from grade school or middle school to acing 400 level college classes. It's a process, and you have to learn and develop along the way. Sure, there are the odd geniuses that can skip around, but it doesn't work that way for most. You throw your average 16 year old into a senior level class and they're overwhelmed. They may pick it up eventually or they may sink completely. Probably the latter. Developing hockey players is the same ****ing thing. You can push a select few, but the majority you need to wait on, let them learn, and graduate them when they're ready. I don't think anyone outside of Kreider is ready.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
I know it's HF and we all have a hardon for prospects, but throwing kids into the fire when they're not ready for it isn't great way to develop them. I get the whole "we might as well suck with kids instead of Pyatt" thing, but it's not necessarily good for them.

I was fine with Kreider coming back up because he looked good in the AHL, and like he was ready for the next step. Kristo doesn't look ready to me. Lindberg isn't ready. Fast isn't ready. Hell, I don't think Miller is ready, personally. Physically yes, mentally no. I think he should be back down.

When you think of an education, there are steps on the road to college. You don't go from grade school or middle school to acing 400 level college classes. It's a process, and you have to learn and develop along the way. Sure, there are the odd geniuses that can skip around, but it doesn't work that way for most. You throw your average 16 year old into a senior level class and they're overwhelmed. They may pick it up eventually or they may sink completely. Probably the latter. Developing hockey players is the same ****ing thing. You can push a select few, but the majority you need to wait on, let them learn, and graduate them when they're ready. I don't think anyone outside of Kreider is ready.

fair enough. kids take time. playing them too soon hurts them but.....

i have yet to see those kids we develop "graduate" and help us out on the score sheet. i see young players become solid nhl'ers but not one bluechipper kid or even higher draft choice turns into a stud.

it seems we draft on potential and frequently reach. then they dont develop in the A like we thought and are moved out via trade to wither and die in a different organization.

i havent the time now to highlight those recent names but we know who they are.

seems some of our best "drafting" recently has been "stealing" another teams pick via trade and then having them become our best young player(s).

whats that say about our drafting ?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I agree that the failure to draft a legitimate top six talent is a problem. That's a separate discussion though. I think your point is more of an "and" addition to what I said rather than a "but."

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Good. Now he can work on his game in the A.

I liked what I saw from him.

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
Was hoping for more offense out of him, but he never really looked out of place. He just didn't produce. Not much more you can expect from a kid his age. Going down should definitely be good for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->