Post-Game Talk: Farts in the Desert

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Could be Eakins related •a B/Phuket/3073/2013-like virus still reaping its effects.

hey, this is the actual name of an influenza virus type. :amazed:

Wow, what a resilient bunch of players. One player out feeling ill and the team just folds. How on Earth do other clubs manage to deal with challenges and still ever post winning records?

Wonder how many times this season we get to hear the "Flu" card being played. ftr its been played twice now. Hall had the "Flu" the (Dallas) game after the Bluejays game the team went to. just saying. if that really was the Flu we probably would have seen more players with symptoms and contagion before now.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Ignore all the evidence you want...I am cool with that.

Having said that...trying to discredit a perfectly sound opinion with the 'conspiracy' mantra is really lame.
That word gets thrown around every time when a poster doesnt have a supportable counter argument.

As for the boys...it will pass. Especially quickly if they support their immune systems.

Like I said, believe whatever the heck you want.

Hopefully we can agree that we'd like to see the team succeed.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
So what was wrong with Nillson last night? I don't think he can handle two starts in a row to be frank.

Poor rebound control, trouble seeing and tracking pucks and much less focus. This is a guy that can come off the bench for one game at a time but that has fallback in his game when he's required to do more.

Predictably he continues to be solved up high as well. I would put the puck high on him all day.

OEL has a brain. Doan and Domi too.

how long before the whole league knows just tuck it high on Nillson. Almost a guaranteed goal.

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
Could be Eakins related •a B/Phuket/3073/2013-like virus still reaping its effects.

hey, this is the actual name of an influenza virus type. :amazed:

Wow, what a resilient bunch of players. One player out feeling ill and the team just folds. How on Earth do other clubs manage to deal with challenges and still ever post winning records?

Wonder how many times this season we get to hear the "Flu" card being played. ftr its been played twice now. Hall had the "Flu" the (Dallas) game after the Bluejays game the team went to. just saying. if that really was the Flu we probably would have seen more players with symptoms and contagion before now.

Wasn't that food poisoning? I bet he got stink palmed by one of the concessions guys at the ball game :laugh: Even the concessions workers have it out for the Oilers.

Last edited:

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Like I said, believe whatever the heck you want.

Hopefully we can agree that we'd like to see the team succeed.

Seeing the team succeed would be a welcome change of pace. :D

As for believing what I want...I try to let facts dictate what I believe not convenience. Sometimes that gets a little uncomfortable because it may mean questioning your existing viewpoint. I do the best i can.

I understand that some people struggle with that and will defend their existing viewpoint in the face of any and all evidence to the contrary. Religious and political loyalty work that way. World views are often static and inflexible.
Its otherwise difficult to understand why someone would dismiss very real evidence.

Thats fine though. No hard feelings.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Seeing the team succeed would be a welcome change of pace. :D

As for believing what I want...I try to let facts dictate what I believe not convenience. Sometimes that gets a little uncomfortable because it may mean questioning your existing viewpoint. I do the best i can.

I understand that some people struggle with that and will defend their existing viewpoint in the face of any and all evidence to the contrary. Religious and political loyalty work that way. World views are often static and inflexible.
Its otherwise difficult to understand why someone would dismiss very real evidence.

Thats fine though. No hard feelings.

If I let my feelings get hurt over internet people having belief systems that exist in an entirely different realm than my own then I would have a hard time functioning in this world. :)

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Looks like this thread has just plummeted into the Twilight Zone of weirdness just like the Rogers Place Construction one did a few days ago.:help:

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
No talk about the game or Nillson then, just some other weird stuff..?

I see another loss has resulted in virtually no Oiler fans around here.

Please come home McDavid. :laugh:

895886.jpg

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
They just didn't show the amount of effort you need to win in this league last night. Nilsson didn't play all that well either, but he wasn't horrible either. The Yotes were allowed to crash the net at will and the team did nothing.

I knew the team had no scoring from their bottom 6, but this is getting ridiculous. Can't keep relying on the top line, especially if they have an off night.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Centers > Wingers

We need those three far more than we need Hall
False. Game after game Hall is the only guy playing with a pulse.

Did you watch the first shifts of the game yesterday? After several games in a row where the Oilers were criticized for poor first periods, who was it that came flying out of the gate, almost scored on his first shift, and did score on his second?

Nobody on this team wants to win as badly as Hall. I'd never trade him.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
So what was wrong with Nillson last night? I don't think he can handle two starts in a row to be frank.

Poor rebound control, trouble seeing and tracking pucks and much less focus. This is a guy that can come off the bench for one game at a time but that has fallback in his game when he's required to do more.

Predictably he continues to be solved up high as well. I would put the puck high on him all day.

OEL has a brain. Doan and Domi too.

how long before the whole league knows just tuck it high on Nillson. Almost a guaranteed goal.

To be fair statistically, there aren't many goalies who stand a chance if started on back-to-back nights. It's generally a dumb decision unless you have Lundqvist.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
To be fair statistically, there aren't many goalies who stand a chance if started on back-to-back nights. It's generally a dumb decision unless you have Lundqvist.

I thought it was a mistake to do it. That said I have misgivings about Nillsons game but he doesn't strike me as a goalie that should be playing a lot of games. Certainly not back to back games.

But there was no run support and we would lose that game anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad