Farm League of KHL teams 2016/2017

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
KHL has published preliminary list of farm clubs in this new league, rest clubs can apply until 30 April.

Preliminary list (KHL club/farm club)

Dynamo Moscow/Dynamo Balashikha
Salavat Yulaev/Toros Neftekamsk
Traktor/Chelmet Chelyabinsk
CSKA/Zvezda Chekhov
SKA/SKA Neva StPeterburg
Dinamo Riga/Daugava Riga (does this Daugava club exist now?)
Spartak/2nd senior team
Ak Bars/Bars Kazan+Neftyannik Almetevsk

Independent clubs who will be farm teams of KHL clubs:

Saryarka Karaganda (now VHL)
Torpedo Ust Kamenogorsk (VHL)
Hockey Club Tallinn (Estonia) - is it Ilves Tallin who wants to join KHL?

Last edited:

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
There is no Daugava team currently, but I don't see any problem with that.

Saryarka will be a farm for Avangard, Talliinn probably for Jokerit. I guess Ustinka will be a farm for Barys? Or Magnitka?

Surprised that Spartak didn't agree with Khimik. Also I didn't understand the situation with Ak Bars - does it mean that they will have like 80 contracted players total?

GX

Dec 28, 2011
I hope they establish a new team in let's say Daugavpils. Interest in Riga for a farm team will be even worse than it is for Dinamo now. Other cities have established local teams that I hope won't be ruined by Dinamo plans, however Daugavpils currently doesn't have a decent team, yet it historically has a passionate sports fans for all kinds of sports, including ice hockey.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Could it be, that 2 or 3 teams from KHL will have 1 farm team?

And how it will be with Slovan Bratislava. For now, they have "own farm team" in Slovak Extraleague. Not directly, but they loaned player to Banska Bystrica. Will there be some restrictions for this?

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Also I didn't understand the situation with Ak Bars - does it mean that they will have like 80 contracted players total?
Indirectly, but I kinda feel like it has been the case already for years...

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
I guess Ustinka will be a farm for Barys? Or Magnitka?

If Ustinka pays for itself, they will again try to link up with Novokuznetsk. They briefly already did couple of years ago, but IIHF cross-country movement restrictions (players needed to have their international transfer cards moved between country hockey federations - a process that took multiple days to go through so no fluid player movement was possible) made partnership inefficient. But with Omsk now freely moving players to Karaganda and back, it looks like sitution has changed since then.

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty
Just came from Ust-Kamenogorsk. In a nutshell local fans believe that as a farm team Torpedo will be less corrupt and more successful.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com

GX

Dec 28, 2011
What are the updates and news with regards to this project?

Sucro

Rhymesayers Fanboy
May 11, 2013
Vienna
Executive director of the FHR Dmitry Kurbatov this Wednesday:
"Hockey Premier League will not be held, we agreed on everything with the KHL. It does not make sense to have two competitions.
There will be about 24-26 clubs in the VHL. The main goal was to not allow having two leagues. The deadline for participants is June. An Estonian club? I am cautious about new clubs"​

Last edited:

ozo

Feb 24, 2010

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Wasn't it obvious from the start?

It was, KHL didn't actually need the new league just for fun or something, the ultimate goals for KHL were removing KHL/VHL transaction limitations and at least limiting Skoropupov's power over VHL, so currently it looks like both goals are achieved.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Do the Oligarchs even care about smaller facility development? Where the future prospects are coming from?... Why would they?

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
So the teams that were really gung ho on having control over their own farm team can still enter a team into the VHL, are any of them planning on doing so?

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Do the Oligarchs even care about smaller facility development? Where the future prospects are coming from?... Why would they?

Putin has a bit of control over them, you know.

So the teams that were really gung ho on having control over their own farm team can still enter a team into the VHL, are any of them planning on doing so?

If I understood correctly basically everything stays the same way as it was this season, just the VHL transaction rules are changed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad