Patriots/NFL Farewell, Tom Brady - It's Official: TB12 to TB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Tom owes us nothing but it's a shame that it's ending this way. He brought us all something Patriots fans never thought would ever happen here, an NFL dynasty which is something that can't ever be taken away.

Well done TB12. Good luck

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Well never thought I'd see the Brady wasn't going to be a Patriot. He was on a very short list of players that I'd hope would spend their entire career here. Fortunately I was able to go to my first Pats game this year and see Brady live. It is funny to see all the people who ripped on Brady, now begging that he join their team lol.

Now the world will find out...did Bill make Brady or did Brady make Bill.

Thanks for the memories and titles Tom!

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
I have heard all the experts the supporting cast was not very good
But why wouldn’t Brady show up for the OTA’s to work with these new players?
Someone else on here mentioned this and it just doesn’t make sense he wouldn’t show up

Reactions: SPB2776 and NMF

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Love TB12 but I won't understand the anger from some fans. At his age it usually ends quickly. Not a steady decline to age 48 or whatever. Montana moved on, Favre, etc. I am willing to bet Rodgers doesn't retire a Packer. This split has been building and it's natural. I will miss seeing him play for the Pats but am perfectly ok with this happening. I will root for him wherever he goes.

Reactions: Strafer

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I'm furious and devastated

I'm going to go to Walmart and lick every surface possible

Back to the days before 2001. Sox and Pats owned the last 20 years. Now I guess I guess Jayson Tatum and pastrnak will be the only show in town soon. I think winning became a complacent vibe where the hunger for no longer remains.

Last edited:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
ETUVNHTWAAAjYHd

ETUVNHUXYAEObRt

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I know very little about football but I'll bet BB already has a plan on who's next, how he's going to support him with the right players etc. I'd almost bet they know what they're going to do but they're giving Tom the moment to be the story (as he should be) and the fans time to get used to it. I think that they'll announce the "next one" in due time, everyone will be surprised, some will be shocked and angry but the franchise will go on. Oh, (and water is wet).

NMF

May 24, 2012
Someone else on here mentioned this and it just doesn’t make sense he wouldn’t show up

This is spot on. Everyone is going to blame Bill, but the reality is that Tom changed. He went from being all about winning, all about the team, and the aw shucks Im blessed to be here kind of guy, to being more concerned about TB12, his method, and quite frankly a primadonna. He no longer wanted to put the work in to make those around him better, he wanted those players to be given to him. (Antonio Brown) I think this change is the biggest factor in the relationship between Bill and Tom souring. In the Patriots culture, noone can be above the team and Brady had begun to be more about himself than the team.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Because it became a toxic work environment and why subject yourself to that for what are voluntary activities? If you and your boss hate each other, you're not going to willingly subject yourself to more abuse when you don't have to, are you?

Reactions: KrejciMVP

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
This is spot on. Everyone is going to blame Bill, but the reality is that Tom changed. He went from being all about winning, all about the team, and the aw shucks Im blessed to be here kind of guy, to being more concerned about TB12, his method, and quite frankly a primadonna. He no longer wanted to put the work in to make those around him better, he wanted those players to be given to him. (Antonio Brown) I think this change is the biggest factor in the relationship between Bill and Tom souring. In the Patriots culture, noone can be above the team and Brady had begun to be more about himself than the team.

I think bill put his ego above the team by forfeiting this season. I want to win without Brady..what a joke. Hope the Boston media does what they are best at doing with him

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
The quote I hate from Kraft is "if Tom still wanted to be here he would". I think that's a BS quote trying to spin it like it's all on Brady. That's not how it works.

Reactions: KrejciMVP and LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
The quote I hate from Kraft is "if Tom still wanted to be here he would". I think that's a BS quote trying to spin it like it's all on Brady. That's not how it works.

They can't help themselves from spinning even with Brady, and it's pathetic. If Belichick wanted Brady back, they've had taken care of this years ago. Instead he chose to grind on the best player they've ever had and in the end it tainted Brady's relationship with the team.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
i'd gamble on cam newton but we're probably going to get jacoby brissette

NMF

May 24, 2012
I think bill put his ego above the team by forfeiting this season. I want to win without Brady..what a joke

I disagree. I think Brady showed some signs of declining this season, at the end of the day he is like every other player and better to leave too early than too late. Brady's business plan relies on him being successful and doing something no other QB has ever done. Brady's ego tells him he can, but his body is in decline. I suppose time will tell.

Reactions: SPB2776

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I disagree. I think Brady showed some signs of declining this season, at the end of the day he is like every other player and better to leave too early than too late. Brady's business plan relies on him being successful and doing something no other QB has ever done. Brady's ego tells him he can, but his body is in decline. I suppose time will tell.

You can't tell if brady is declining with his supporting cast. I can't wait to watch him with playmakers, Then we'll see how BB does with a JAG QB with the abismal offense he put together.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Because it became a toxic work environment and why subject yourself to that for what are voluntary activities? If you and your boss hate each other, you're not going to willingly subject yourself to more abuse when you don't have to, are you?
Lol how do you know this?
Coach isn’t close to anyone and most who leave are great full for what he did fo their careers
Your doing too much assuming with no evidence

Reactions: SPB2776 and Strafer

NMF

May 24, 2012
You can't tell if brady is declining with his supporting cast. I can't wait to watch him with playmakers, Then we'll see how BB does with a JAG QB with the abismal offense he put together.

I can tell you he can't throw a deep ball. He is a system QB. The best system QB of all time. He is not a guy with a great arm, or great at anything athletically, plus he is 43. We will see. BB has a plan. I'd put money on the pats going further in the playoffs than whatever team TB12 is on. The system is not in place on other teams. You can have all the weapons in the world, but if they aren't the right ones you won't win. Time will tell, but my initial reaction is that Bill is right to let him go.

Reactions: SPB2776

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Both BB and Brady own this, it's not one or the other.

To me it depends on what contract he gets. If he gets a multi year deal for $30m a year rather than the Pats offering one year at less than what he made last year I don't think that's on Brady for leaving. And to be clear I am ok with the team moving on. Just don't spin it into something it isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad