GDT: Farewell to the Joe 5 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
" I told hockey operations that today it was OK" (to throw octopi)

Oh thank you gary, your so kind to not take away a 60 year tradition on the very last day of an arenas existence.

kaner88slo

Apr 8, 2017
Can the Red Wings next year get back in the playoffs? What would you say your top prospects are?

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010
I do laugh at how the shootout is always our curse.... The years we desperately needed the points, we never won them... This year we needed to lose them and we destroy the shootout

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Can the Red Wings next year get back in the playoffs? What would you say your top prospects are?
I seriously doubt it. They would have to replace a lot of players. I mean, it's not just that the defense is bad. The offense hasn't been good, either, and the goaltending has only been okay. There's reason to believe the coaching is not up to par. Zetterberg is going to be a year older, and who knows what he looks like at 37. And then there's the expansion draft, where they could lose a bit of their depth.

Those are just an awful lot of problems to fix in one offseason, especially for a GM that's said he's not trading anybody young or any of his first round picks. And there really isn't any cap space for a big-time UFA.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona

Possibly but odds would be against them. Team took a huge step backward this year. We'll know a bit more after the NHL entry draft, expansion draft and free agency, obviously, but I think Holland has a project ahead of him.

An aging star carried the team this season and that can't be a positive going forward. Thankfully, it looks like we have solid building pieces with Mantha and AA.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014

Yes. If mrazek bounces back. Nobody slumps bad (sheahan) and holland signs a middle of the road defender we can make it back. Doesn't mean that's a good thing or it's likely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia