GDT: Farewell to the Joe 5 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
anyone actively rooting for the wings to lose this game isn't a real wings fan imo. incredible emotion and atmosphere going on. essentially a playoff game

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
anyone actively rooting for the wings to lose this game isn't a real wings fan imo. incredible emotion and atmosphere going on. essentially a playoff game

That is a very narrow perspective. It's actively cheering for long term success, not for them to lose.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
At 36 years of age, Zetterberg has 51 assists on a team with one 20 goal scorer. What a year from one of my all time favourite players.

Invictus12

Aug 1, 2010
New York
That is a very narrow perspective. It's actively cheering for long term success, not for them to lose.

Actively rooting for our players to become better, doing better, etc, is kind of more important in my book. The team obviously didn't have a good season but trying to leave on a high note should command nothing but respect.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Today of all days is the day I can't get The Ticket stream nor Sirius online to work. You gotta be kiddin' me! At least there is this thread and clips of the action on NHL.com.

Great effort and goal from Riley. Last game at The Joe, first of the season and there was a note that April 9, 2016 was his last goal. Good on him.

Time to finish the Devils off and win one for every fan packing The Joe, to those of us that can't be there and for everyone who has worn the sweater inside The Joe. F all the haters of The Joe.

Let's go Wings!

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008

For one game, I don't see the mentality.

Like I said before, this possibly the last endearing big time moment you could have as a Wings fan for a long time. I want to experience a feel good send off for a rink that hosted so much success.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Yea, they're bad. Only team with bleaker present/future than the wings pretty much.

I'd say the Canucks are in the worst shape league-wide. Followed by the Devils, followed by us unfortunately, but that's just splitting hairs.

I can't believe Sheahan scored. He looked very relieved. I hope someone grabbed the puck for him.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
I'd say the Canucks are in the worst shape league-wide. Followed by the Devils, followed by us unfortunately, but that's just splitting hairs.

I can't believe Sheahan scored. He looked very relieved. I hope someone grabbed the puck for him.

And write scored in the last game at the joe. I'm sure he wants to forget the no goal streak ever happened.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
This is a man that knows how awesome he is. A great day for NHL game 1,000.

2el6tqf.jpg

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
nice joe louis magic you got going

odd observation, al sobotka started working for the wings in 1971, hence the 71 jersey. sobotka on the blues is also #71? is that a coincidence?

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Wonder if Hank plays for Sweden in the summer. Also have Nyquist possible for them, Tats for Slovakia, a bunch of the boys for US (Abby, DK, Larkin), Mantha for Canada, Mrazek for Czech, etc, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad