Salary Cap: Farewell Bobby, you will be missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
The "cool" guys on the team are all introverts. The old, irrelevant, "tenured" guys on the team are the ones who shout loudest, and who are praised the most by the bosses. It's a recipe for disaster in any competitive environment.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
The "cool" guys on the team are all introverts. The old, irrelevant, "tenured" guys on the team are the ones who shout loudest, and who are praised the most by the bosses. It's a recipe for disaster in any competitive environment.

agreed. I can't imagine the level of contempt some of these young guys have for Kunitz and Scuderi in particular.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
agreed. I can't imagine the level of contempt some of these young guys have for Kunitz and Scuderi in particular.

Right? Its gotta be ridiculous in that dressing room. If Geno is publicly saying that everyone is mad at each other, jeez .. its gonna get worse before it gets better.

Boocock

Feb 3, 2007
http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2015/11/15/report-tyson-barrie-could-find-himself-on-trading-block/

Tyson Barrie could be on the trade block. He'd be a fantastic grab for our 2nd pair and PP. I'm not sure if we have the assets to bring him in (he put up 53 points last year), but we should be heavily in on him if he becomes available.

You trade for Barrie in a heartbeat. He's a stud that's just now entering his prime, and he was often the only bright spot on the Avs last year.

Malkin112*

Is it time to unite Crosby and Malkin??

Crosby-Malkin-Hörnqvist
Perron-Bonino-Kessel
Plotnik-Fehr-Bennet
Kunitz-Cullen-Dupuis

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009

Very good point.
The Cooke's and the Adams's are now long gone from the game.
The ones here are just hanging on and in elevated roles cuz of the culture it's implemented.
Vet leadership is fine but when it's actively hurting your on ice product night in and night out, it's time to move on.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Is it time to unite Crosby and Malkin??

Crosby-Malkin-Hörnqvist
Perron-Bonino-Kessel
Plotnik-Fehr-Bennet
Kunitz-Cullen-Dupuis

That's what I'd do. As great as Malkin's been defensively, I think you have to. Kessel can score without Malkin. And it allows you to play Fehr at his ideal position at 3C.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Have to say... talk about some uninspiring hockey.

Perhaps it's time to have less skill in the bottom 6 (4th line), and some more grit?

No it's time the skill/grit in the bottom six played in the top 6.
That and a full youth movement.
This team with Scuds, Dupuis and Kunitz playing regular to elevated minutes, is going no where fast.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Yeah I think Johnston needs to consider putting Malkin and Crosby together to get both of them going. If he moved Malkin to the wing for Sutter, I don't know why he'd refuse to move him to the wing for Crosby. Run with Malkin-Crosby-Hornqvist and Perron-Bonino-Kessel and see if that wakes anyone up.

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon
No. It's time to kick Kunitz and Dupes out of the top 6 forever, reinstate Horny to the top line, and switch in Pouliot/Clendening for Scuds.

this is so simple, it is obvious they are doing the opposite on purpose... nobody is that dumb not to see it...

GreatjonUmber

Mar 9, 2013
Elmore, VT
No. If he's placed on waivers, he'd go to the Devils' AHL team if no one picks him up. Or he'd be released and become a free agent.

We would have to put in a claim for him. If we do, then we'll get him. Otherwise another team can claim him, or NJ can send him to Albany.

Ah okay. I had the Zach Boychuk saga in my head, but I must not have understood it when it was happening.

Epic Neal Time

May 8, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
If Barrie really is available, we need to pursue. I just don't know what we'd trade. They really need puck moving defensemen. So this speculation kinda flies against the wind. But they strike me as a team to make a dumb reactionary trade.

Edit:
Maatta-Letang
Dumoulin-Barrie
Cole-Pouliot
Lovejoy

Drool.

SidDidNothingWrong

Beau's IcedCapp
Jan 2, 2014
I really wish we didn't have a bunch of squares in charge. I would love to sit Kunitz and like call up Sundqvist or Simon or something. DO SOMETHING. Make it interesting.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
If Barrie really is available, we need to pursue. I just don't know what we'd trade. They really need puck moving defensemen. So this speculation kinda flies against the wind. But they strike me as a team to make a dumb reactionary trade.

Edit:
Maatta-Letang
Dumoulin-Barrie
Cole-Pouliot
Lovejoy

Drool.

And how do we get barrie? Lol lets be realistic. Matt hunwick has looked pretty good to me on the leafs, he could fill a top4 role, good skater, leader and wouldn't cost more than a 2nd or a 3rd to get him.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
And how do we get barrie? Lol lets be realistic. Matt hunwick has looked pretty good to me on the leafs, he could fill a top4 role, good skater, leader and wouldn't cost more than a 2nd or a 3rd to get him.

I mentioned this a few weeks ago. Hunwick is a good underrated dman.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
It looks like many of us were proven right that were upset when they waived Farnham. Sure the goals aren't really expected, but he is making an impact as a 4th line role player by bringing speed, energy, tenacious forecheck, disruption, trolling, etc. Meanwhile, our team looks lifeless. We could use that spark here and there to get these guys going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce