Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Updated look at the future cup-winner :sarcasm::

Conor Sheary - Sidney Crosby - Alex Debrincat
Rickard Rakell - Pierre-Luc Dubois - Mats Zuccarello
Jordan Greenway - Mikko Koivu - Colton Sissons
(_____________) - (______________) - (_____________)

Dmitry Orlov - Charlie McAvoy
Jake Gardiner - Philippe Myers
(______________) - Brandon Montour​

John Gibson
(______________)​
Your team reminds me of mine last game

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
:wings

Forsberg-Draisaitl-Wilson
Kempe-Dvorak-Gurianov
xxxx - Henrique - xxxx
xxxx - Eakin - xxxx

Dumoulin-Parayko
Hanifin-Braun
Nutivaara - Jokiharju

Korpisalo

pretty happy with how it panned out so far. braun and henrique are my only complaints but i think they can still play.
Braun and Henrique are excellent players

Reactions: BoldNewLettuce

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I think next game, assuming there is a next game, we could have one person track the picks and another person track the trades to make it a little easier. I don’t mind helping since I spend all day on here anyways

Reactions: Nucker101

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Wouldn’t even call it that. Braun was top 4 in San Jose and was absolute garbage. I think calling both serviceable in their roles is better.
Brauns been pretty good in Philly I thought, Henriques a decent C but I could be very wrong. Serviceable yes would be a much better word though.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I think next game, assuming there is a next game, we could have one person track the picks and another person track the trades to make it a little easier. I don’t mind helping since I spend all day on here anyways
One thing that really worked in the past was limiting the amount of trades to make them more important and impactful.
The best format I was ever apart of what this.

1 - No trades for the first 5 Rounds of drafting.
2 - Maximum 5 Trades per Draft
3 - Maximum 1 pick allowed in a single trade
4 - Maximum 2 players allowed in a single trade.

This kept it exciting, still made drafting the most important.

Reactions: Makaveli

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
One thing that really worked in the past was limiting the amount of trades to make them more important and impactful.

Can we add a one trade minimum...? I'd hit that max by like round 8, assuming we start at 5

I do like it a lot though, and I can already think of a lotttt of loopholes to use

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
If only you had gone for d-men instead of Gibson and Montour... :(.

You had the best spot to capitalize on the center meme.
Yeah, I got Montour waaaaaay to early. I don't think the Gibson pick was a bad one though, he's widely considered to be top-3 goalie in the league.

Your team reminds me of mine last game
Yeah, pretty similar in terms of offense and goal. I think my defense is a fair bit better though. McAvoy, Orlov, P. Myers, Gardiner, and Montour is quite an improvement over Keith, Pionk, Edmundson, Demers, and Bortuzzo.

Reactions: hockeynorth

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014

I like those rule

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Yeah, I got Montour waaaaaay to early. I don't think the Gibson pick was a bad one though, he's widely considered to be top-3 goalie in the league.

Yeah, pretty similar in terms of offense and goal. I think my defense is a fair bit better though. McAvoy, Orlov, P. Myers, Gardiner, and Montour is quite an improvement over Keith, Pionk, Edmundson, Demers, and Bortuzzo.
Yeah I think your #1 and #5 are better than my 1 and 5 while I had a better 3rd line, I like your team but it's not quite what I thought it'd end up at

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Yeah I think your #1 and #5 are better than my 1 and 5 while I had a better 3rd line, I like your team but it's not quite what I thought it'd end up at
My #2 is also better, I think Orlov > Pionk.

My defensemen may not be great in their own end, but they've all got good puck-moving ability. I think that's what your D lacked last time.

Reactions: hockeynorth

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Can we add a one trade minimum...? I'd hit that max by like round 8, assuming we start at 5

When we had an open trading system, it was madness, at the end always it was just about who was the best trader, I remember one draft seeing a top 9 constricting of literally all top 75 players, and having a top 4 D that was ridiculous as well.

By the end, your drafting skill was completely irrelevant. Hence the rules

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
Yea when trading is allowed Joey always rips some noob a new one and then the game is useless.

Blinny

This is the Sway
Jan 6, 2010
Dorchester
When we had an open trading system, it was madness, at the end always it was just about who was the best trader, I remember one draft seeing a top 9 constricting of literally all top 75 players, and having a top 4 D that was ridiculous as well.

By the end, your drafting skill was completely irrelevant. Hence the rules

That HAS to be an outlier or EVERYONE else were terrible at trading and drafting. Other than making the game much harder on @Joey Moss to handle, I really like it.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Yea when trading is allowed Joey always rips some noob a new one and then the game is useless.
Player trades only then? I agree that pick trades can ruin things especially with newer players dealing with someone experienced

I always lol when I see someone trade away a 3rd + 7th for a 4th + 6th

That’s when everyone else realizes it’s open season and keeps offering that GM similar deals to move up in more valuable rounds.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad