Fantasy GM Thread | Part XII: Free Agency Looms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
I think we see Green and co get fired and if that doesnt fix anything by the trade deadline some players are moved

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Fiala could be just to even out the salaries. There is no way there isnt a top prospects coming our way as well in that potential trade scenairo

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
You are forgetting who is currently negotiating trades.

The guy who's last two major trades are
Miller for a 1st and a 3rd
Oel and Garland for 1st(10 top pick) and a 2nd

Both of them we have won by a large margin

Hockeyphysio

Jul 2, 2018
Fiala could be just to even out the salaries. There is no way there isnt a top prospects coming our way as well in that potential trade scenairo

I am not sure, this feels classic Benning. Fiala is not a terrible player but we are trading our best point producer for a worse one.
Somehow we will loose another pic in the process.

Ericksson-Ek would be interesting.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
If you’re dealing with Minnesota something like Fiala, Boldy and a 2nd is what we would require (if negotiated by a competent GM) for Miller. Anything less than that … nope.

But again, Benning won’t be trading Miller. He’ll be trading futures if he’s allowed to.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
The guy who's last two major trades are
Miller for a 1st and a 3rd
Oel and Garland for 1st(10 top pick) and a 2nd

Both of them we have won by a large margin

For a team that finished last in its' division last year, looks like a bottom-10 team this year, I would say that we aren't exactly winning trades by a large margin if the results are the same as the teams we had before we traded back to back firsts.

Would rather have made the picks and had younger assets if we were just going to be a bad team anyways.

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
If Miller or Boeser for Fiala actually occurs, I might just burn my Canucks jersey.

And its a vintage black skate Pavel Bure, my favourite player of all time.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
If you’re dealing with Minnesota something like Fiala, Boldy and a 2nd is what we would require (if negotiated by a competent GM) for Miller. Anything less than that … nope.

But again, Benning won’t be trading Miller. He’ll be trading futures if he’s allowed to.

No cap space so someone from the main roster has to go.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
I think Nashville would make a better trading partner. They are deep on D and have guys like Tolvanen who havent really preformed as expected but who still have a lot of upside. They could also really use a player like Miller/Boeser

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Boeser to MIN makes sense and im fine with, but Fiala would be a cap add on and not much more. Would still need a pick and a prospect.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
I think Nashville would make a better trading partner. They are deep on D and have guys like Tolvanen who havent really preformed as expected but who still have a lot of upside. They could also really use a player like Miller/Boeser

Lol It's funny that you say that, I've had Fabbro, Tolvanen, pick trade package running through my head since yesterday afternoon. Not sure if it means anything, but yes I think they may have some intriguing pieces aswell.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
We've been hearing recently that Aquillini has given Benning permission to trade away the locker room cancer. With this new Miller for Fiala rumor, it makes you think that Miller's emotions are too much for our young stars. Who knows, but disappointing if it were the case, because Miller's passion to win has been greater than any of them.

Anyways, I would make the trade, but obviously there would have to be picks and prospects coming the other way aswell. Miller straight up for Fiala is garbage, but something I see Benning doing.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Boeser to MIN makes sense and im fine with, but Fiala would be a cap add on and not much more. Would still need a pick and a prospect.
Minnesota's got a glut of wingers (on the team and in the system) and a bleak cap situation going forward. There's no need or room for Boeser, who'd just be stuck in the same awkward spot Fiala is right now.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Some of these valuations for Miller are ridiculous.

My take on Miller is that the rumours of him being a locker room cancer seem like nonsense, and something the management team would make up as preparation to trade him. The criticisms like "oH nO He SlAmS HiS StIcK WheN HeS MaD" are nonsense.

But for his actual on ice value? I think he is overrated. He's deployed as the main offensive cog, and has inflated point totals because of that. But outside of offense what does he bring? Yes he is physical. But on defense he is awful, he makes boneheaded plays all over the ice, and is just not a guy you can depend on. You don't know what you're going to get from him. He's a frustrating player because his inconsistency isn't just game to game, he's inconsistent even within games. He'll make a braindead turnover in the neutral zone then the next period or even shift he'll score a huge goal or make a momentum changing hit.

I don't think Fiala makes sense as a piece to target, though. It should be young rhd or picks and prospects.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Some of these valuations for Miller are ridiculous.

My take on Miller is that the rumours of him being a locker room cancer seem like nonsense, and something the management team would make up as preparation to trade him. The criticisms like "oH nO He SlAmS HiS StIcK WheN HeS MaD" are nonsense.

But for his actual on ice value? I think he is overrated. He's deployed as the main offensive cog, and has inflated point totals because of that. But outside of offense what does he bring? Yes he is physical. But on defense he is awful, he makes boneheaded plays all over the ice, and is just not a guy you can depend on. You don't know what you're going to get from him. He's a frustrating player because his inconsistency isn't just game to game, he's inconsistent even within games. He'll make a braindead turnover in the neutral zone then the next period or even shift he'll score a huge goal or make a momentum changing hit.

I don't think Fiala makes sense as a piece to target, though. It should be young rhd or picks and prospects.

I'd be looking at the Rangers...they have a couple of nice young RHD (Braden Schneider and Nils Lundkvist) and a ton of cap space, and they could use a good center 1-2 punch with Zibanejad.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Minnesota's got a glut of wingers (on the team and in the system) and a bleak cap situation going forward. There's no need or room for Boeser, who'd just be stuck in the same awkward spot Fiala is right now.
The wild franchise would definitely like to have Boeser on their team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad