Fantasy GM Thread | Part XII: Free Agency Looms

Status
Not open for further replies.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
I'd be looking at the Rangers...they have a couple of nice young RHD (Braden Schneider and Nils Lundkvist) and a ton of cap space, and they could use a good center 1-2 punch with Zibanejad.
Colorado seems like the best fit for Miller and the most likely team to make a trade like this, similar to what Tampa did the last two trade deadlines when they went all in. Schneider + from the rangers or Barron + from Colorado are bases that make sense.

I'm hoping that we retain 50% on Miller. Not only would that increase his value, but it would also increase the number of team interested in him, since more of the playoff teams with limited cap space would be able to fit him in. This would drive his price up. We should also be willing to take 1-2 year cap dumps for more value.

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
Am I the only one who thinks that Miller is not so much a problem in the room as much as he is a problem to Benning/Aqua? He was the first guy that said, "Hold on...we were this close to the conference finals and you decide to not sign your MVP Vezina candidate goalie, your best defensive dman and partner for your rising star who is also a heart and soul Canuck, etc." I'm thinking that this resonated with EP and Bo, more than it caused a divide in the room.

He was also the guy that spoke up for all the players during COVID when management wouldn't. Why would the players dislike him?

Makes for a convenient scapegoat who will buy Benning another few months though.

EDIT: At this point, I'm all for a competent GM to trade him though as his value is high and he won't be re-signing here.

Last edited:

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Am I the only one who thinks that Miller is not so much a problem in the room as much as he is a problem to Benning/Aqua? He was the first guy that said, "Hold on...we were this close to the conference finals and you decide to not sign your MVP Vezina candidate goalie, your best defensive dman and partner for your rising star who is also a heart and soul Canuck, etc." I'm thinking that thisresonated with EP and Bo, more than it caused a divide in the room.

He was also the guy that spoke up for all the players during COVID when management wouldn't. Why would the players dislike him?

Makes for a convenient scapegoat who will buy Benning another few months though.

EDIT: At this point, I'm all for a competent GM to trade him though as his value is high and he won't be re-signing here.

This is exactly it I think with Miller. He isn't a cancer in the room, the issue isn't that the other players can't stand him, rather it's that he isn't "buying into the system" and isn't putting up with this team being absolute shit. If Miller is the "cancer"

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
John St. Ivany is a name to watch for NCAA UFA free agency. He's a RD from California playing for Boston College. Similar story to Demko, I wonder if he'll leave Philadelphia to pursue other teams.

We're a great option for him with a bunch of Americans / college guys.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Just spitballing

Van
Colton Sissons (pking rh 3C, who is a career 53% on the dot signed with term also from north van)
Alex Carrier (top 6 RHD with top 4 upside)
Prokop ( I just like the fact he is a big RHD with a boomer of a shot)

Nsh
Miller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad