Fantasy Draft - Last Call for Signups. Draft Starts Sat, May 16th. 11 AM PST

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Upon sober reflection, I have decided to revive the first (and fastest) failed NHL Club, the Montreal Wanderers. I feel they deserve better than their 1-5-0 lifetime record in the NHL's inaugural season. An arena fire and a World War conspired to cut this once proud club down just as it was entering its prime. Hopefully we can live up to the high standards of our former enforcer and noted ticket scalper, Art Ross (1G, 12PIM in 3GP).

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
If we can get to 15, worst case is we each get 2 teams. Let whoever picks their draft position first then gets what is left at 30. 2nd then gets 29th choice, 3rd gets 28th, etc to whoever gets to pick their 1st team's spot 15th then picks for their 2nd team's position 16th.

I don't think we each need two teams, but i'll leave that up to a vote. I think 1 team is better, even if it means having to put restrictions on the player base or do a salary cap.

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
I don't think we each need two teams, but i'll leave that up to a vote. I think 1 team is better, even if it means having to put restrictions on the player base or do a salary cap.

i barely have enough time to do one let alone two teams. u guys need to drum up some more interest in this thread!!

member 116861

I would join but I was incredibly inactive to end the mock draft so I can't guarantee being active.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I wouldn't mind doing just a straight draft but cap/trades and such cause me much brain damage so I'm keeping an eye on this to see what kind of scope you guys want to take this before deciding.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan

Why restrictions? Just have less than 30 teams. It'll go quicker than way as well

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I think the idea of the cap is good as well...maybe like 80-85 mil or so, that way the teams can be good but you have to still choose wisely.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
If you are cutting 50 % of the number of teams, a 25% increase in cap (85-90m) probably would work and still leave a challenge for some to get in under the cap.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Sorry, i've been busy with work.

We'll start it tomorrow morning, maybe there will be some last minute sign ups.

@ Bricky and @Tigervixxen - want me to add you too the list? Can always start it and if you find yourself becoming inactive, can just PM and we can just leave the players you pick out of the draft.

I think I like $80 mil, I think $90 mil is too high since it's almost the same as having no salary cap.

Last edited:

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I'll join - first preference Montreal Canadiens if they're not already taken. Second choice Kansas City Scouts

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
So I got some unfortunate news...

I just got next week's work schedule, and I won't have time to run this draft. I believe I should have enough time to participate in the draft itself, but won't have time to update the draft board/trades.

Anyone want to volunteer? I can definitely help set it up, but after Saturday i'll be pretty busy.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
So I got some unfortunate news...

I just got next week's work schedule, and I won't have time to run this draft. I believe I should have enough time to participate in the draft itself, but won't have time to update the draft board/trades.

Anyone want to volunteer? I can definitely help set it up, but after Saturday i'll be pretty busy.

I could probably take it over

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Is this gonna start at 11am PST for sure? If so I'll set my alarm to get up for it.

Also how are we determining the draft order?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad