OT: Fantasy Baseball?

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Good draft guys!

I really think we need to look at completely revamping the scoring stats for next year (assuming we're going to continue with this pool). As it stands, the best hitter from last year in Donaldson was worth 744 points while the best pitcher (Kershaw) was only worth 273 points. Given that, batters are worth on average more than 3 times as much as pitchers (and in many cases it's more than that).

Given this, I literally only drafted two starting pitchers as a backup catcher is actually worth more. Any thoughts?

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Good draft guys!

I really think we need to look at completely revamping the scoring stats for next year (assuming we're going to continue with this pool). As it stands, the best hitter from last year in Donaldson was worth 744 points while the best pitcher (Kershaw) was only worth 273 points. Given that, batters are worth on average more than 3 times as much as pitchers (and in many cases it's more than that).

Given this, I literally only drafted two starting pitchers as a backup catcher is actually worth more. Any thoughts?

yeah stats need to be changed for next year

too late to change them now

OilerPensfan97

Feb 27, 2014
Saint John, NB
Yeah, I'm not going to change anything at this point. Definitely need to up pitcher value though next year. Wouldn't mind using quality starts instead too.

J4M13M

Jun 4, 2014
Saint John NB
Good draft guys!

Looks like you and I had basically the same strategy. We ended up almost identical in the projected stats.

I agree that it needs to be revamped for next year. Not much we can do this season as we drafted based on the same strategy. I took an extra starter as there was some debate about tweaking it, and I was hedging my bets.

But yeah, add some value to the pitching stats for next season.

Any thoughts on having some keepers? Or would that have affected anyone else's drafting (I took Correia and Bryant first 2 picks so my strategy would have been identical).

J4M13M

Jun 4, 2014
Saint John NB
when is the roto a go

If we don't set it to auto tonight, we miss the first week. Yahoo is like that.

If we're going to draft, any weeknight after 6:30 Edmonton time is fine for me. Not sure what my plans are for the weekend, but I wouldn't cry if we auotdrafted. an 8th team would be stellar though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad