Fantastic pre season Florida Tampa

Jefe302

Oct 17, 2014
Yeah, I literally said the southern teams. Maybe St. Louis is considered southern? In which case we've got as many as the Cali teams (3) and as many as all other southern teams combined (3) Which one's aren't expansion teams?
Dallas was not an expansion team.

SatanicToedrag

Apr 15, 2017
I think of it as big bro and little bro. When little bro thinks they're too good at smash bro's so big bro comes back to town and shows em who the real smash bro king is then goes back to off to college, while little bro has math homework due the next day. Until proven otherwise some teams/fans/people get too big for their britches.

I'm glad both teams are finally good at the same time and can truly begin this rivalry though
I sort of get it, even if it's a bit juvenile. Your example is a child beating another child in a videogame.

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
Sure but in Florida's case they've been the underdog for 25 years and haven't won well, a single round. Hard to take a team seriously with that track record.

Tampa vs the Islanders is a much better rivalry because the Islanders actually look like they could win the series and the teams have met deep in the playoffs multiple times. Florida was more about gooning it up, they really didn't have a chance at the series with that defense and goaltending, Florida was the 2nd easiest series after Montreal.

You’re talking about gooning it up and you have a huge goon on your team in Maroon. Is the pot calling the kettle ...?

Reactions: Laus723

Bob and 200 others

Apr 30, 2012
Dallas was not an expansion team.
Honestly didn't realize that, doesn't really change my point though.
Better throw in Vegas for good measure too then. If the Cali teams were supposed to be southern then with San Jose you might as well add St. Louis. If it’s just comparing states don’t compare to NY.

I don’t think a single Panther fan or anyone will argue that Tamp Bay has been a more successful franchise. There is not even room to argue that.

But any time there is a suggestion of a rivalry many, not all, but many Tampa fans pull out excuses as to why it can’t possibly be a rivalry. It’s hilarious.
Vegas clearly isn't southern. One can make an argument for St. Louis at least.

Bob and 200 others

Apr 30, 2012
You’re talking about gooning it up and you have a huge goon on your team in Maroon. Is the pot calling the kettle ...?
Maroon is more of the internet equivalent of a shit poster as opposed to a goon. If you mean what happened to the FL player with the dislocated shoulder? That's their fault, no reason to run Vasy, sure as hell not in the preseason.

Jefe302

Oct 17, 2014
Honestly didn't realize that, doesn't really change my point though.
Vegas clearly isn't southern. One can make an argument for St. Louis at least.
Vegas is about as geographically south as Nashville and Raleigh. If it’s the fact that their west, Phoenix made the cut...

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Dude has been suspended a total of one time, and that's because of a fight during the second to last game of the regular season last year.

Hardly a goon. Certainly a shit disturber though.

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Yeah, I literally said the southern teams. Maybe St. Louis is considered southern? In which case we've got as many as the Cali teams (3) and as many as all other southern teams combined (3) Which one's aren't expansion teams?
Arizona isn't an expansion team, and, as said above, neither is Dallas. Neither is Carolina, but don't know whether we consider them Southern.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Maroon is more of the internet equivalent of a shit poster as opposed to a goon. If you mean what happened to the FL player with the dislocated shoulder? That's their fault, no reason to run Vasy, sure as hell not in the preseason.

you keep salivating over Pat hurting Acciari, when he had nothing to do with it. Noel was wincing and pulling away before maroon got to him.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

Goon simply means limited at best talent getting by on toughness. For Maroon, that would be "toughness". It isn't surprising you deflect and defend Maroon slamming the much smaller, injured, and unsuspecting Acciari to the ice however.

McDavid spared his career.

Bob and 200 others

Apr 30, 2012
Then what's the internet equivalent of a goon?... I understand you're saying he's not a goon, but this doesn't mean anything.
Someone who doxes people? Maroon is a meme making shitposter by comparison.
Vegas is about as geographically south as Nashville and Raleigh. If it’s the fact that their west, Phoenix made the cut...
Nashville and Raleigh are southern by culture. Phoenix by geography. You're right about Vegas, they're about as southern as LA and Anaheim. Add them to the list then:nod:

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Wasn’t so much of a fine addition to them in the postseason though.. from a completely neutral observer
For someone who keeps calling themselves neutral, you did a piss poor job of it when discussing the series between the two teams and are doing a piss poor job of it again ITT.

For the record, what Bennett did last night was dumb as shit, especially in a playoff game. Tampa did more than their fair share of dumb shit as well which you only mentioned in passing.

Reactions: Vilam

NHL Review

Twitter: @nhl_review
Oct 27, 2019
For someone who keeps calling themselves neutral, you did a piss poor job of it when discussing the series between the two teams and are doing a piss poor job of it again ITT.

For the record, what Bennett did last night was dumb as shit, especially in a playoff game. Tampa did more than their fair share of dumb shit as well which you only mentioned in passing.

Maybe because what I’m saying goes against your team? You want me to be completely critical of Tampa and them alone?

That’s not neutral.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
It's too bad that every single Panthers/Lightning thread devolves into lame chirps and incessant bitching.

Can any of you people just appreciate a good hockey rivalry ffs? I'm getting secondhand embarrassment from this thread, just like the GDT's from the playoffs.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
For a guy who gets 11 minutes a night Patty Maroon sure generates a lot of discussion.

Guess he’s using those 11 minutes pretty effectively.

It certainly isn't his contributions during those 11 minutes that draws attention. He is only noticeable after the whistle!

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Judging any team on pre-season performance is a accident waiting to happen. The Panthers maybe great or they will not but the pre-season tells us nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad