Fantastic Beast: A chat with Brent Burns, Harry Potter superfan

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
How dare he do an interview and talk about something other than getting pucks in deep, playing the body and putting pucks on net!

Yeah, getting to know professional Athletes as more than just their sport can have some surprisingly good effects. A librarian contacted me after reading this article and said she was going to use it as an example to younger boys for how you can be a book reader and a professional athlelete. They aren't mutually exclusive clubs by any means.

Hope you liked the article!

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
I actually really like FF13, and FF12. FF3, and 4 will always be my favourite.

FF6 will always be my favorite, but 4 is not given nearly enough credit for how good it is. Those games and Chrono Trigger are some of the best RPG's out there.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
FF6 will always be my favorite, but 4 is not given nearly enough credit for how good it is. Those games and Chrono Trigger are some of the best RPG's out there.

I agree 100%. I feel FF7 is overrated, it's plot isn't any better if not worse than most other series, it's design relative to time period was poor compared to other FF games, and it's characters aren't anything special. I feel it being introduced to NA, more freedom in the plot, and diversity in mindset and ethnic groups of characters is why it's the most famous and popular FF game.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015

Chrono Trigger is hands down the best RPG ever made, in my humble opinion.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
I agree 100%. I feel FF7 is overrated, it's plot isn't any better if not worse than most other series, it's design relative to time period was poor compared to other FF games, and it's characters aren't anything special. I feel it being introduced to NA, more freedom in the plot, and diversity in mindset and ethnic groups of characters is why it's the most famous and popular FF game.

FF7 is a good game, but the impact it had on the industry was more on a 'it was the first RPG I played, so it was the best thing I played' level. Compared to a game like FF6 or Chrono Trigger, it does look a bit worse for the wear after all these years, both gameplay and graphically. But it is one of those things. Without FF7, the industry in America would look nothing like it does today, so I guess you don't have to be perfect to still matter haha.

Now I have to get one of the Nashville players opinions on this topic haha

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
FF7 is a good game, but the impact it had on the industry was more on a 'it was the first RPG I played, so it was the best thing I played' level. Compared to a game like FF6 or Chrono Trigger, it does look a bit worse for the wear after all these years, both gameplay and graphically. But it is one of those things. Without FF7, the industry in America would look nothing like it does today, so I guess you don't have to be perfect to still matter haha.

Now I have to get one of the Nashville players opinions on this topic haha

Yeah I agree, but the first FF games I got into was 3 and 4, they were the first DS games (Parents didn't want to get me too many systems), and I got them.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Chrono Trigger is hands down the best RPG ever made, in my humble opinion.

I will agree to this, especially of the 90's RPG's. Shin Megami Tensei 3: Nocturne is a masterpiece in it's own right as well, but in a different way from Chrono Trigger, so they can both claim a top RPG spot haha.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Hey glide5 awesome interview and thanks for sharing!:yo: That's so rad that Burns has a Harry Potter tattoo, I think I'm a fan of this dude now. And a Final Fantasy discussion on HF forums ftw.:popcorn:

I get why people say FF7 is overrated but for me it's still my favorite story of the series, it's sci-fi gold. 2,000 years before the present events take place a shape shifting alien lands on the planet and wipes out most of the Cetra race of people, who can actually communicate with the planet. A small surviving number of the Cetra defeat the alien and confine it in a geological stratum and it remains dormant for 2,000 years. It's then discovered by modern humans by Professor Gast who mistakes it for a Cetra when it's actually the shape shifting alien Jenova, and that's just the beginning of the story.
It was just such a cool plot for me. And I loved Cosmo Canyon.

Also FF9 needs some love in this thread.:laugh: I think FF9 is my favorite one overall. They are all great though. Chrono Trigger was amazing too.

Last edited:

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Great read. Thanks for sharing.

Though I don't understand a single word on this page outside of Brent Burns :laugh:

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
Yeah I agree, but the first FF games I got into was 3 and 4, they were the first DS games (Parents didn't want to get me too many systems), and I got them.

Outside of FF, the Chrono series is supergood.

As is the ____ of Mana series.

Or Star Ocean.

Or the Ateliers.

Or Ar Tonelico.

We are nerds I guess.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Hey glide5 awesome interview and thanks for sharing!:yo: That's so rad that Burns has a Harry Potter tattoo, I think I'm a fan of this dude now. And a Final Fantasy discussion on HF forums ftw.:popcorn:

Also FF9 needs some love in this thread.:laugh: I think FF9 is my favorite one overall. They are all great though. Chrono Trigger was amazing too.

Glad to hear you liked the interview! It's always awesome to see a guy like Burns has a nerdy book side haha.

And yeah, when you put it that way, that is some straight up great Sci-fi. And they all are pretty great games for sure :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad