Fans of teams that aren’t in it, whose bandwagon are you jumping on?

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I'm a Habs fan. When Habs aren't in, for me it comes down to which players I like usually, more than actual teams. So based on that, here is the order in which I'd be rooting for teams to win the cup this year....

Pittsburgh (would love to see another Crosby smythe). Obviously - they might not even make it

Edmonton. McDavid will never touch 92 goals or 215 points in the regular season - but I could legitimately see him take a crack at Gretzky's single playoff run point record. Would love to see it. Drai isn't too far behind himself...

Toronto. This is all about Matthews - would love to see him break the goal record. Making fun of Leafs is hilarious when they fail, but I'm sure it would be extremely entertaining to follow if they won too...

Tampa. Love Kucherov, wouldn't mind seeing him land a smythe

NYI. I don't really like the team much, but I love Patrick Roy, would be a lot of fun to see him win a cup in year 1

Colorado. Another one for Makar/Mack

Vegas - Mostly because it'd be hilarious to see the meltdowns about cap circumvention again among fans.

I don't really care much about the rest. Outside of Boston. Who must not win, ever, because they suck.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Dallas, because of Pavs and because they play nice hockey.

Is Pavelski the oldest/player with the most appearances without a cup in these Playoffs?

Reactions: Sports2

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Dallas, because of Pavs and because they play nice hockey.

Is Pavelski the oldest/player with the most appearances without a cup in these Playoffs?

Pretty sure he's the oldest active forward in the league this year, and also the current career playoff goals leader - by one, over Ovechkin, and two more than Crosby. And yes, he's still looking for that first Cup.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
If we didn't own the Jets pick, I would say I want them to win.

Maybe Vancouver? Edmonton for McDavid? Back to Canada would be nice.

I hope Toronto loses in first round though.

If no Canadian team.....I think I will say the Avs...former Canadian team.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I'm going to favor, in order:
1) Whoever is against the Leafs
2) Western Canadian teams. I find it hard to choose between them, when it comes down to it.
3) Choosing between American teams, whichever team I find entertaining.

Reactions: Killer Orcas

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Canes, I guess. Pens, a little bit, because I love watching the fading greatness of Crosby.
Will I be tuned into every game? No. More like a half hearted cheer if I read that they won a game the previous night.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
I believe in rooting for greatness. For that reason i'm rooting for the Devils to continue their dynasty from last year and win it all in a few months.

Reactions: Tahoeblue

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad