Injury Report: FanFest

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
If anyone has ever been in a house that is 20-25 years old, one thing you can guarantee is that your air conditioner is going to give out fairly soon, and you'll need a new furnace soon also. Same likely holds true for the compressor on an ice plant that is now 26 years old...

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Union2017

Welcome to Ottawa, Michael Andlauer.
Feb 23, 2018
Ottawa
If anyone has ever been in a house that is 20-25 years old, one thing you can guarantee is that your air conditioner is going to give out fairly soon, and you'll need a new furnace soon also. Same likely holds true for the compressor on an ice plant that is now 26 years old...

You are right, but I would think that they already updated/serviced it many times so far. I mean, if they purchased a new scoreboard relatively recently, don't you think that too would be on their list at some point? Can't use the scoreboard without the ice to play on. Things happen, and at the end it's better that it happened that day, then on our home opener, right? Imagine going there on October 18 and they have to cancel the game. Sheeesh....

Union2017

Welcome to Ottawa, Michael Andlauer.
Feb 23, 2018
Ottawa
Did anyone who went to this fest receive their complimentary tickets for preseason vs Habs this Saturday? How will we receive them? By mail? Or phone text? Any ideas?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I got my Dad's old advocado green fridge for my basement beer fridge some time ago. When it came time to replace it I told the guy bringing in the new fridge that the green fridge lasted over 34 yrs. He said, your new one won't. They are now made to last about 15 yrs, same for furnaces & air conditioners. When I mentioned that to the furnace repair guy he said I'm glad they don't last too long otherwise I wouldn't have a job. They purposely make things to break down so they have repeat business & their maintenance people have job security. That's the world we live in, consume & dispose.

Reactions: LudwigVonKarlsson

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I got my Dad's old advocado green fridge for my basement beer fridge some time ago. When it came time to replace it I told the guy bringing in the new fridge that the green fridge lasted over 34 yrs. He said, your new one won't. They are now made to last about 15 yrs, same for furnaces & air conditioners. When I mentioned that to the furnace repair guy he said I'm glad they don't last too long otherwise I wouldn't have a job. They purposely make things to break down so they have repeat business & their maintenance people have job security. That's the world we live in, consume & dispose.
Welcome to the auto industry. Most vehicles are made to last until the end of the warranty period, then the major servicing begins.

Reactions: aragorn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad