Fandom Status Update.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Hopefully the Beat LA thing isn't a dealbreaker for you. I'm guessing you'll hear some of that here as well. :laugh:

Anarchy Joe

Jun 30, 2013
Hopefully the Beat LA thing isn't a dealbreaker for you. I'm guessing you'll hear some of that here as well. :laugh:

Its different when its not coming from a NorCal fan tbqh, I hate the Giants, Warriors, Niners, and like I said main reason I was a fan was cause of my good friend who was a huge Ducks fan and he asked who my favorite hockey team was and I asked who his least favorite team was and he said Sharks so naturally I said Sharks were my favorite and stuck with them until I had an out which an expansion team is the only excuse you can have to switch teams without being a "fair" weather fan so I am all in on the Golden Knights now

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
After what just happened here in Phoenix, Vegas has moved from my 1B team to equal status with the Coyotes. And given the probabilities of the future, I'm just a tick away from the Golden Knights becoming top dog on my list.

If Vegas signs Shane Doan on a one-year deal, that'd be all she wrote for the Mutts.

Sorry and glad to have you aboard.

Hoping we don't sign Doan, though. The less we've got officially related to Phoenix the better, IMO. No personal offense intended, of course.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
I'm a Kings nut. All my teams are LA and the man cave is done up accordingly. But you know since the Golden Knights are a brand new team I have zero hate for them (if they had moved the Ducks or Sharks or Coyotes to Vegas no way I'd drop the Kings), and when I realized the practice facility is a few minutes down the road I just gave in to the inevitable.

I'll always have the memories of being a Kings fan. But I'm going to embrace my "neighborhood" team and enjoy what should be a really enjoyable franchise build. It doesn't hurt, admittedly, that I love the front office and hockey side, and think they've killed it just about every step of the way thus far. Can't wait to spin down to the strip and catch my team whenever I feel like it, it's going to be a great time dudes!

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

Hoping we don't sign Doan, though. The less we've got officially related to Phoenix the better, IMO. No personal offense intended, of course.

I don't think you'll have to worry. If Doan signs anywhere, it'll probably be in Vancouver.

Anyway, I think Vegas has nothing to worry about being related to Phoenix - other than being forced to pick one of our frankly awful expansion draft choices. Everything in Vegas is being done so much better than anything's ever been done here that not even the similar climate is really comparable... :laugh:

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
After what just happened here in Phoenix, Vegas has moved from my 1B team to equal status with the Coyotes. And given the probabilities of the future, I'm just a tick away from the Golden Knights becoming top dog on my list.

If Vegas signs Shane Doan on a one-year deal, that'd be all she wrote for the Mutts.

My offer still stands, Feck. You're welcome to join me at a game this season. Just name the date. :thumbu:

Anarchy Joe

Jun 30, 2013
I'm a Kings nut. All my teams are LA and the man cave is done up accordingly. But you know since the Golden Knights are a brand new team I have zero hate for them (if they had moved the Ducks or Sharks or Coyotes to Vegas no way I'd drop the Kings), and when I realized the practice facility is a few minutes down the road I just gave in to the inevitable.

I'll always have the memories of being a Kings fan. But I'm going to embrace my "neighborhood" team and enjoy what should be a really enjoyable franchise build. It doesn't hurt, admittedly, that I love the front office and hockey side, and think they've killed it just about every step of the way thus far. Can't wait to spin down to the strip and catch my team whenever I feel like it, it's going to be a great time dudes!

Cheers buddy I use to be a Sharks fan you were a Kings fan we both have memories of our previous teams now we can be best buds rooting for the Golden Knights, and If your a Dodger fan also even better

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014

And so begins the mass exodus of disgruntled coyotes fans haha. Vegas is very close to stealing me completely away. Some actual hard evidence of long term franchise stability would win me back, but as you said I don't like the odds of that.

Lol I competely understand not wanting to be associated with that joke of an organization but I'd make Doan an exception.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Always a habs fan, I don't believe in having a 1a and 1b fan, that just shows a lack of loyalty to one team. You might as well just flip flop all the way and in every round of the playoffs until 'your team' wins the cup.

I like VGK and hope they do well though just because I want to see the team succeed and gain popularity.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Always a habs fan, I don't believe in having a 1a and 1b fan, that just shows a lack of loyalty to one team. You might as well just flip flop all the way and in every round of the playoffs until 'your team' wins the cup.

I like VGK and hope they do well though just because I want to see the team succeed and gain popularity.

I guess I will always have my diehard team and the team I support as a representative of my city.

I don't think it's that shameful to strongly support two teams. Vegas will be right next in line in my support in the sense that if Anaheim fails I hope Vegas goes far in their place. I'll hope they finish 1st and 2cd in their conference every year.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Well thank you very much Mr. I'm-better-than-you...

Not really, a lot of people feel the same way I do and it's just an opinion. You don't have to agree with it.

I guess I will always have my diehard team and the team I support as a representative of my city.

I don't think it's that shameful to strongly support two teams. Vegas will be right next in line in my support in the sense that if Anaheim fails I hope Vegas goes far in their place. I'll hope they finish 1st and 2cd in their conference every year.

I think a lot of people can and do support other teams...I support the hawks because I like a bunch of their players. Do I consider myself a hawks fan? no, because I won't tune into their regular season games even when the habs aren't playing and I won't buy their merchandise. I want them to do well in the standings though, so therefore I support them.

I think supporting a home team makes sense though, I just couldn't fathom saying "I'm a diehard habs fan, but this other team is by 1b team because I love them almost as much as the habs"

Not a popular opinion here, I imagine, but just my 0.02

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014

Sure hope that wasn't directed at Feck and I.

KnishOfTheCrease

Chez Pierre Enthusiast
Oct 8, 2010
Las Vegas
I'm an Islanders fan first, but Garth Snow can change my mind very quickly. Them being in the Eastern conference isn't really a conflict of interest until both teams meet up for the Cup. I might be the ********* fan that wears a Knights hat and Isles shirt to the game when they play.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015

Do you live in Vegas? This city has been waiting so long for a team. And their first legit pro franchise is the Golden Knights, and a new franchise at that.

I used to think like you do, but in the end having a team down the street that represents your city trumps all else. Nobody can take the feeling I had when the Kings won their first cup from me. But it just makes no sense to hold onto a team that doesn't represent my city now that I have a team that does. And a team I have zero hate for.

Raiders are a good example. I am an LA fan so have rooted for the Rams for a long time, even when they moved to STL and back. No way I'd change to being a Raiduhs fan since there's so much history there with the team. If the NFL had given Vegas a new team, however, I'd probably change over. Just my take.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
I'm a 1B fan who looks to spend a couple winter months in the area about 8 years from now. Then retire someplace with local hockey. NHL and NFL are going to pull me to Vegas. Can't wait.

I followed the Sharks during their expansion, and the joy of overachieving and development is awesome. Having more first rounders will make things very exciting.

Rogue

Jun 21, 2017
Just signed up today. Las Vegas is my #1 team. I really believe we will be competitive right from the start.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Just signed up today. Las Vegas is my #1 team. I really believe we will be competitive right from the start.

Welcome aboard!

Hate to break it to you, but you might want to take a look at the ED lists. McPhee seems to have picked the tanking route. This team will be competing for #1 OA in the 2018 draft. :(

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Welcome aboard!

Hate to break it to you, but you might want to take a look at the lists. McPhee seems to have picked the tanking route. This team will be competing for #1 OA in the 2018 draft. :(

It's a little early for that. We'll see how it all shakes out tonight and tomorrow.

Anarchy Joe

Jun 30, 2013
Tanking and stock piling picks is the smartest move for a expansion team though so I'm not worried

SP1966

Feb 11, 2013
Las Vegas
I'm a Minnesota native living in Vegas so my number one is and always will be the Wild. Number two is now the Knights, and number 31 is the Stars, may they never win another game for as long as they exist!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad