Fandom Status Update.

SP1966

Feb 11, 2013
Las Vegas
Welcome aboard!

Hate to break it to you, but you might want to take a look at the ED lists. McPhee seems to have picked the tanking route. This team will be competing for #1 OA in the 2018 draft. :(

I sure hope so for their own sake. As a Wild fan I have no desire to watch the Knights be just good enough to never be truly good. A great expansion draft would result in a good NHL team with virtually no minor league depth that NHL contenders need.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Do you live in Vegas? This city has been waiting so long for a team. And their first legit pro franchise is the Golden Knights, and a new franchise at that.

I used to think like you do, but in the end having a team down the street that represents your city trumps all else. Nobody can take the feeling I had when the Kings won their first cup from me. But it just makes no sense to hold onto a team that doesn't represent my city now that I have a team that does. And a team I have zero hate for.

Raiders are a good example. I am an LA fan so have rooted for the Rams for a long time, even when they moved to STL and back. No way I'd change to being a Raiduhs fan since there's so much history there with the team. If the NFL had given Vegas a new team, however, I'd probably change over. Just my take.

OK, then Vegas is your team. That's cool. You have one team and not a 1a and 1b

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
My second team essentially. Need one to bank on as a second reserve for entertainment, especially when one is a Canucks fan these days.

Plus I've been to Vegas many times anyway, so yeah.

ShatteredGlass

∞ Posts Deleted :)
Dec 19, 2011
Pittsburgh / Vegas
Pens fan my entire life. Pittsburgh native, Vegas-living now (back and forth often). IF Vegas already had a team established, I wouldn't have adopted that team, but being that the G Knights are brand new, I can be a day 1 fan. With that said, I'll never put anyone over the Penguins, but 80-81 games a year, I want Vegas to win.

BmxHockey

Jan 4, 2012
San Diego
My first hockey game was at Mellon in Pittsburgh therefore The Pens are my first team.
Ducks were my second due to proximity of home. But Vegas looks like fun, looking foreword to rooting as a first year fan now. Looking forward to visiting Vegas for games and some craps action.

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
Now comes the tricky part. Keeping people interested in the next 3-5 years while this team finds its way. This upcoming season is a throwaway because it will be the brand new team, but after a few years of not making the playoffs, are people still going to come out? Especially after you know who rolls into town.

bravedawg2000

Jun 21, 2017
I became a hockey fan when Atlanta got the Thrashers and was a season ticket holder for several years. Like some others, I was sick when they went to Winnipeg. I had no ties to the NHL prior to Atlanta, so I tried to watch the Jets but was unable to stomach watching any hockey for the first couple of seasons. Since that time, I've followed the Jets and slowly gotten over (mostly) the Thrashers leaving.

So, I guess at this moment in time the Jets are my 1A team. I live in central Texas now and have never set foot in Canada. I hate the Stars along with every other professional sports franchise in Texas. I'm gonna give Vegas a shot as my 1B and see what happens.

I'm really bothered my bandwagon fans but I think I could justifiy being a Vegas fan given the circumstances. I'm still a fan of all Atlanta professional sports franchises despite them having 1 championship between them in 160+ seasons, so it'd be hard to question my loyalty. Ha!

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
This team is exciting.

Even if they get rid of Haula (who brought me here), even without him I will probably stick around as a second class fan just because of the excitement around the team. If this team was to succeed in the first few years, I would definitely want to be a part of that feeling :P

Ship It To Vegas

Apr 14, 2017
It was like Christmas when a team in Vegas got announced. I'm from northern BC and never really got into the Canucks except that it is the only nhl to watch unless you have game centre. (I don't). I've been to Vegas 20-25 times in the last 10 years. Absolutely my favourite vacation spot so when team got announced every other piece of hockey gear/hats etc.. that had been given to me in years past when in the bin and golden knights gear got ordered. Trip planned already in November to catch a game. And game centre is coming so I can catch all 82.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Tippett being gone makes me swing back towards the yotes a bit. I still don't like how they handled Doan's departure but it makes much more sense now. Still following Vegas closely though.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Vegas is team B just in case the Coyotes move.

I will be in Vegas to catch the games the Yotes come to play. But when our life support plug is pulled, I'll be a full time Vegas fan.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I havent read this thread and it seems as voting has closed. But VGK is my team. Above all!

It's not closed, but we should close it.

The longer it's open the more random other team fans come by. I figured Detlef would be enough.

ETA: Okay. I closed it and modified the results to minimize outsider interference.

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8
I'm a Ducks fan above all else and I don't expect the Knights to ever come close.

They are already my second favorite sports team though and I follow NFL/MLB/NBA too. I'm going to follow them very closely. I'll watch every game I can. I visit Vegas a few times a year and will definitely see them play every time I can. I'm going to love this team. I'm in it through thick and thin and if they should win the Cup in my lifetime, I can only imagine the feeling of being there every step of the way, something I can't say about Anaheim as I was only 5 when they became a team.

Can't wait to buy a jersey. Can't wait to add the Las. Can't wait to drop the Golden. Can't wait to see their first playoff game. Man. Good times are ahead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad