Fan Favorites

Flyers Faithful

Feb 12, 2016
Piggybacking off the nostalgia thread, who are some of your favorite flyers who weren’t Stars around the league like Lindros, LeClair, Giroux, etc.

I’m talking the unsung depth players who may have only been with the flyers for a couple seasons.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
Steve Duschesne used to do some interesting shit. I recall a couple of times he would skate behind a particularly disliked opponent after the whistle (often during a scuffle) and hook the guys skates out from underneath him. Always good for a chuckle.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
What level are we seeking on not being stars around the League?

Knuble, Primeau, Jim Watson, Bladon, Dupont, Flockhart, Flett, Lonsberry, Kapanen, Daily, yada yara yada.

Are some of them considered stars around the League? How do Players like Macleish fit in?... I imagine most wouldn't be unsung Depth Players though... Not as easy a question to answer as one would think. :huh:

Reactions: Grebinator

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Not really much in line with the idea of the thread, but I looked through some past rosters from the 80s and 90s today - and I had no idea the Flyers drafted Martin Hosták who even played 55 games there. He is currently known as a TV personality more than anything (for the past 2 decades) and began GMing again a few years ago.. Great guy, met him once. The Flyers connection is very cool

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Cote amused me, and then I had profound pity for him. He worked so hard in the offseason to be good at fighting which was really his only job, and it was sad to see guys just ignore him when he wanted to drop, or feed him punches; in one of his last fights I just felt bad for him and hoped he'd retire, but he just kept at it the whole time. Respected his charity work. Wish he'd stop trying to forcefeed everyone fistfuls of hemp.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Cote amused me, and then I had profound pity for him. He worked so hard in the offseason to be good at fighting which was really his only job, and it was sad to see guys just ignore him when he wanted to drop, or feed him punches; in one of his last fights I just felt bad for him and hoped he'd retire, but he just kept at it the whole time. Respected his charity work. Wish he'd stop trying to forcefeed everyone fistfuls of hemp.

He should keep doing this one actually. It's a lot better than players medicating with addictive pills.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad