Pre-Game Talk: "Fan Appreciation Night" | Isles @ Pens

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
That sucks, you wish there was some way around it.

Pens are starting the game off with a huge disadvantage again, its going to be tough tonight.

The arrogance of the organization is that they felt they weren't going to miss the playoffs. That's why they didn't worry about stuff like this. Low and behold... if Boston didn't suck hard last night, we'd be on the outside looking in while controlling our destiny against a team that gives us trouble.

BlacknGold4life

Sep 22, 2014
penguins: Lovejoy: “Everybody in this room wants to do it tonight. We’re gonna come out with everything we've got and treat this as our only chance."

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!! HAVE YOU LEARNED NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the 1st period is not the problem its the 3rd period (and sometimes the end of the 2nd)... WITH THIS MINDSET WE ARE SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Penguinzilla*

penguins: Lovejoy: “Everybody in this room wants to do it tonight. We’re gonna come out with everything we've got and treat this as our only chance."

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!! HAVE YOU LEARNED NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the 1st period is not the problem its the 3rd period (and sometimes the end of the 2nd)... WITH THIS MINDSET WE ARE SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bueller?

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Isles fan in peace here.

Where is your 6th dman? I'm confused.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Isles fan in peace here.

Where is your 6th dman? I'm confused.

Letang/Ehrhoff are hurt, and now so is Derrick Pouliot. The Pens can't afford to bring any other dmen up because of the cap situation.

JQR

Clearly it's Lovejoy
Jan 25, 2012
Good news is that Isles have been pretty rough since Okposo came back. Bad news is that means Okposo will get a hat trick tonight. :cry:

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
They were injured with less than 10 games left so they can't be placed on LTIR since that would extend to next season.

Ooooh. Never knew that. I thought it just had to be a minimum of 7 games. Thanks!

Good luck, but not too much. Looking forward to an exciting game regardless of the outcome. JT and Crosby battle it out.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
We absolutely do not deserve this playoff spot. We messed up the cap situation badly, went into the tank down the stretch and have played some of the least inspiring hockey in the history of the franchise.

And yet, there's virtually no chance we don't register a point this weekend.

Ownership will get their playoff gates. Injuries will be used as the mega excuse for everything that ails this franchise, and Groundhog Day will once again be the movie theme of the organization.

Meanwhile, the Bruins are going to clean house and make the big changes they need to get back on track relatively quickly (they have more youth than we have already), and the Kings are going to make some tweaks and get right back to being a strong Cup contender next season.

Making the playoffs is going to hurt.

Penguinzilla*

I hate it when Sid loses Art Ross trophies because he plays so many less game than everyone else

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
We absolutely do not deserve this playoff spot. We messed up the cap situation badly, went into the tank down the stretch and have played some of the least inspiring hockey in the history of the franchise.

And yet, there's virtually no chance we don't register a point this weekend.

Ownership will get their playoff gates. Injuries will be used as the mega excuse for everything that ails this franchise, and Groundhog Day will once again be the movie theme of the organization.

Meanwhile, the Bruins are going to clean house and make the big changes they need to get back on track relatively quickly (they have more youth than we have already), and the Kings are going to make some tweaks and get right back to being a strong Cup contender next season.

Making the playoffs is going to hurt.

I predict that Boston wins the lottery.

Then trades McDavid for Despres in a couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad