Pre-Game Talk: "Fan Appreciation Night" | Isles @ Pens

Status
Not open for further replies.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Oh man! 5 D. That means an absurd amount of ice time for Lovejoy and Scuderi :cry:

As a fan, I do not appreciate this. Thanks JR.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
We should be totally fine against the Isles' speed/offense with 5 defensemen.

Congrats on your Art Ross, Tavares.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
We should be totally fine against the Isles' speed/offense with 5 defensemen.

Congrats on your Art Ross, Tavares.

I see them "investing" for the playoffs tonight. They don't care if they win the game or not, they will play us hard in case by some chance we end up playing them. I'll be shocked if we aren't going 3 or 4 D for Buffalo.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I see them "investing" for the playoffs tonight. They don't care if they win the game or not, they will play us hard in case by some chance we end up playing them. I'll be shocked if we aren't going 3 or 4 D for Buffalo.

lol. Imagine if Martin goes down with an injury tonight.

Scuderi - Lovejoy
Chorney - Cole

If I'm the Isles tonight, I'm just taking penalty after penalty.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
How about a reverse Pens effort tonight? Play scared turtle defense for the first 2 periods and run them to the ground in the third.

Though even that would probably result in an OT loss.

That would be what an intelligent coach would do.

635630874712448121-mike-johnston-3-27.jpg

tumblr_lqstfoj7aJ1qjwkflo1_400.gif

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
Whatever happened to the "cap magic" of Botterill? Did his MS Office-License expire so he can't use Excel anymore?

It's really pathetic that we're having only 5D for the most important games of the season. And as someone recently put it (on Twitter, I believe), if we make it, people will wonder why Martin looks so gassed in round one. :shakehead

Capgeek went offline.

Nobody ever actually observed Botterill being this great Capologist.

The Penguins told the media to tell us that.

Just like Scuderi is a defensive stalwart. Just like Adams is a warrior.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
I will be there, have tickets.

Usually the game is meaningless and it is more about the constant giveaways, mostly of stupid things.

Section 109, Row W. YOU HAVE WON A SMALL PACKAGE OF POTATO CHIPS!

Section 205, Row B. YOU HAVE WON A PACK OF GUM!

So it will be moderately surreal, and annoying to be honest, to have constant interruptions for that crap of a meaningful game. I am not sure how the crowd will react.

Haha, yeah, I'll be there too. Will be an interesting atmosphere for sure.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Things could get ugly if they lose. The Fan Appreciation Night could turn into a boo bird session.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Does anybody know why the pens couldn't send DP down to the baby pens and call up another def?

I'm guessing its because hes injured, but you would think they could send him down somehow and have him be a so called healthy scratch for the baby pens.

Can't send an injured guy down. I don't blame the PA for wanting that in the CBA one bit. You know it would be abused if they didn't.

Whatever happened to the "cap magic" of Botterill? Did his MS Office-License expire so he can't use Excel anymore?

It's really pathetic that we're having only 5D for the most important games of the season. And as someone recently put it (on Twitter, I believe), if we make it, people will wonder why Martin looks so gassed in round one. :shakehead

That's Rutherford's fault, not Botterill's. The trades at the deadline is why we're in this predicament. Botterill didn't make those.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
Things could get ugly if they lose. The Fan Appreciation Night could turn into a boo bird session.

hard to think of a stronger flashpoint for a true organizational overhaul than that. thatd be the perfect confluence of crappy play, crappy product, and crappy PR

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
I kinda feel like buying tickets to this game.

If they lose, the fans will probably completely flip out and go nuts :biglaugh:

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Win to avoid the Rangers please.

If we win us and the Islanders could be tied on 98 and 39 ROW.

Tie-breaker between us take out the first home game, 3-1 Pittsburgh.

Points are 5-1

So they'd have the tie-breaker.

Want the W1 spot.

cajal

Go Pens!
Dec 13, 2007
Miskatonic U
This is the "shirts off our backs" night, right?

I'd love for the person who gets the Adams jersey to have scissors with them.... cut the name plate off of the jersey and rearrange the numbers to 72. Boom, new Hornqvist jersey.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I hate to be the anti-pessimist and lose my name, but I do need to point out that as bad as the Pens have been recently, the Islanders have not been much better.

The Islanders have won three times.

In the last twelve games.

Their wins were against:

:sabres
:leafs
:wings

Just throwing some reality on our pity party we have going on as a balance.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Post-game stuff for "fan appreciation night" is going to be painful and awkward for everyone involved if we lose this game in epic fashion again tonight.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
This is the "shirts off our backs" night, right?

I'd love for the person who gets the Adams jersey to have scissors with them.... cut the name plate off of the jersey and rearrange the numbers to 72. Boom, new Hornqvist jersey.

If we clinch tonight that's a sign from above. I think it means we need to call an audible on playoff avatars and bring back #SOPO #ROCKHARD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad