FAN 590: Meeting is over with no new talks planned

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Just heard it a second ago. Hopefully someone can confirm, I'm sure someone else is listening. Thus far, no comments reported.

Before people run around screaming that the season is over, this doesn't mean that won't meet again.

Vic Rattlehead*

Hmm, my pessimistic attitude allowed me to forsee this. Yet, I'm still bumed. :(

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Yeah I heard it too. I just posted a topic about it, at exactly the same time as you, with almost the exact same subject line.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
The optimist in me wants to hope they don't need anymore meetings...just an announcement. But hey...I'm crazy and hopelessly naive.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
19bruins19 said:
Hmm, my pessimistic attitude allowed me to forsee this. Yet, I'm still bumed. :(

Like I said, this doesn't mean the season is over. This just means they're not meeting tomorrow as of yet. This could all be clockwork with the media and for all we know they're going to Secaucus, NJ to have a meeting in 8 hours.

X0ssbar

"No new talks planned" were reported right after the last 3 meetings concluded...I would give this story a little bit of time to develop before investing in it.

vanlady

Nov 3, 2004
go kim johnsson said:
Like I said, this doesn't mean the season is over. This just means they're not meeting tomorrow as of yet. This could all be clockwork with the media and for all we know they're going to Secaucus, NJ to have a meeting in 8 hours.

They could be trying to something that they have been trying all week, lose the media.

SharkGirl27

Jan 23, 2005
San Jose, CA
I must've stopped listening a second before this was announced, was it right after the interview with Howard Berger? If so that could explain all the sudden phone calls he was getting during the interview.

X-SHARKIE

Mabey a proposal was made tonight...now one side has to get think it over for a day or so? Things like this take time and thought. So mabey the players well think over this deal, likely decline it. Come back next week with some more talks.

I think next week if nothing is done, nothing well get done. But i'm not dying yet.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Top Shelf said:
"No new talks planned" were reported right after the last 3 meetings concluded...I would give this story a little bit of time to develop before investing in it.

Exactly, I don't plan to go downstairs to get some water from my fridge. I just go and do it. Just because nothing is planned, doesn't mean nothing will be planned. Perhaps, both sides want to go home and think about this and be sure this is what they want or what they don't want to do.

SharkGirl27

Jan 23, 2005
San Jose, CA

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
The last time these groups met (as in couple months ago) they made it clear they didn't want to talk anymore and were angry. They've now met three times (maybe it's four). They obviously are finding some common ground, otherwise they'd all storm off. I think they are putting something together, and it might almost be finished.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
think about it: it's Jan 27th...I guarentee they need a decision on the season by Jan 31st...there will be another meeting (as someone has already mentioned) by then then an accouncement

good or bad.

SENSfreak_03

Aug 30, 2002
Regina, SK
Visit site
either:
a)the season is done
b)the reports are premature or wrong
c)the deal is done

its just a source telling the cp, no one has any idea whats really going on in this whole situation. i hope its c, it could be b, but has a good chance at being a.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Thornton97 said:
A league spokesman said that they were "finished for the night." Certainly seems better that way . . . .

. . . hopefully

Who said that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad