FAN 590: Meeting is over with no new talks planned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madevilz

Nov 9, 2003
Montreal
Tell, what are Bettman and Goodenow doing? Isn't it their to job negociate? Or do they prefer sitting on their asses, eating donuts, and see if other people can do their job for them? wtf

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Madevilz said:
Tell, what are Bettman and Goodenow doing? Isn't it their to job negociate? Or do they prefer sitting on their asses, eating donuts, and see if other people can do their job for them? wtf

They have to be in the room for there to be a deal done. All 7 guys in the room tonight could have said this is a go, but there are 2 guys they have to count in this and they weren't there tonight.

SENSfreak_03

Aug 30, 2002
Regina, SK
Visit site
Leafer4Life said:
What's going on?!?!?!? Sportsnet had in their previous article that a proposal was being presented no later than Friday and the meeting ended at 9:15 PM. What happened to that?!?!?! :eek:

thursday is still no later then friday...no later being friday at the latest.

X-SHARKIE

TSN usually seems to be correct in their assessment today...Or at least Burke is.

Saying this could just be another fealer offer from the NHL, and they will likely come back to the table with another offer, a better one, shortly.

JUST GIVE ME MY FREAKING NHL! I MISS IT!

Jaysfanatic*

If you're not expecting anything, and nothing happens, (like me) this is very easy to take.

vanlady

Nov 3, 2004
Here is a TSN article. I find it interesting that they say they are finished meeting for "the night". In 94 no talks were scheduled the day before they all took place by last minute emails. Would be interesting to know if Trevor has left NY. If he hasn't they still plan to meet.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=112791

Jaysfanatic*

I don't like hearing about 94, the only reason that happened is because the owners caved. Back then I didn't care about watching everynight, so I wish they'd have held out back in 94, then maybe I wouldn't have cared, now, after the superbowl, I'll have nothing but basketball.....I need more. Oh well, September isn't too far away.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Kypreos: "They're not only back to where they were last Thursday, they're back to where they were a year ago."

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I am officially dumbfounded. I just don't get it, nothing tomorrow? Not even an announcement of some sort to tell us theres no season? I can just picture sometime in late March "Meetings scheduled for Toronto, season not officially over yet" and we'll have rumours of a possible 12 game season. Or maybe theyll never officially cancel a season that way they can say that a season was never cancelled. So if they play in 2007 they can award the "2004" Stanley Cup winner.

Mighty Duck

Jul 6, 2003
Visit site
futurcorerock said:
for the optimists:

No new talks = no need to talk, deal has been struck, announcement saturday.

This should have read, "Struck out, game over, season over, the fat lady has sung her last song this season. Good night, the party's over. See you in '06

Greschner4

Jan 21, 2005
Leafer4Life said:
Sportsnet reported that the 2 sides are either meeting again tomorrow or on the weekend.........

In the US, MSG Network just had Davidson and Fischler on. Davidson said that the soft/hard cap with floors had been offered but gave no numbers or specifics. He put the odds of there being a season at 40%, up from 10%. JD sounded very sketchy on the details and I'm still not convinced he or anyone has the soft/hard cap offer that 's been kicked around the last two days down cold as being accurate.

Fischler was very pessimistic, said he had made some calls from 8:30 - 10 ET. Bettman "willing to compromise," nothing more specific. No more meetings planned, meetings didn't go well, "serious philosophical differences" remain. Predicted that there would not be a season.

struckmatch

Jul 28, 2003
Vancouver
There are so many conflicting reports about the proposals right now. TSN has said just individual hard caps per team, earlier TSN said individual player caps with luxury taxes per team, now Fishcler and Davidson are saying that there was a soft cap/hard cap luxury tax hybrid system proposed.

Which is it? We probably won't know until later on. Right now, I feel like I've been given the middle finger by the two sides. Especially the NHL, they refuse to give a drop dead date, and keep us dwindling, they don't give any factual information regarding progress or no progress, its all media posturing.

I've been an optimist throughout this entire situation, and I kind of still am, barely - but I just can't take this BS anymore. Either play hockey, or GO THE HELL AWAY. I don't care about the owners lining their fat pockets, or the players needing 3 million and above a year to feed their families, I care about being a fan of the National Hockey League, and I see that the fans, are the only ones who care about the fans.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I was watching ESPN and they claim they will meet again before the weekend is out.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
At the rate the meetings are speeding up hopefully something happens because both sides seem to be getting a little desperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->