GDT: Falling Snow @ Vegas (color) Knights (7PM PST)

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
You know this isn't close to as pathetic as the loss to LA. They did significantly outshoot the Avalanche at least.

Why is Shipachyov on the bench? Yeah we need two goals. Let's put brick hands Karlsson out there.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Ship: Probably the best player on the ice especially as the game went along
Smith: Needs to do more than PK opportunism.
Marchy: His puck handling is suspect but he looks dangerous
Perron: If nothing else at least he can slow the game down and distribute the puck well.
Fleury: I don't think he had his best night. He lost track of the puck a fair amount of times
Karlsson: Pretty damn useless overall. He plays with top 6 poise but executes like an AHLer.
Theodore: The defense still needs work but it wasn't that bad. In any case he looked the most offensively deadly on the back end. Seemed like Gallant was leaning on him in this game to get the game tied. Might make the team but I hope whoever is coaching him, Vegas or Chicago, I hope they focus hard on his defense.
Miller: Best all around defenseman for Vegas
Tuch: Belongs on this team regardless of what line he ends up on
Hyka: Could go either way but I wouldn't be opposed to giving him a spot.
Hunt: If tonight was any indication I don't think he's earned a spot on the team.
Leipsic: Reminded me of Jason Blake with the Ducks in that he zooms around the ice with the puck and then does nothing with it.

The team in general is really poor at getting a handle of the puck. So many missed passes. So many failed pass reception attempts, even cradling the puck I'm seeing guys just fumble the puck on simple puck cradles. That kind of stuff can't be happening. The powerplay needs significant work. I know this is a team expected to be a basement dweller but the team needs something to cheer for and 0-7 is pathetic. But more pathetic is just how poorly the PP system was running. The PK was pretty good at least.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I'm withholding all judgement. They need to play together a little more, get to know each other or something.

Too many simple mistakes, stuff that can really only be chalked up to nervousness, unfamiliarity, or discomfort.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Was at the game. Theodore and Miller were the best players. Tuch probably was the best forward imo. I think he's virtually a lock for the team now, as well as Theo.

Fleury played alright. I would say the defensive zone coverage did not do him any favors tonight. They gave up wayyy too many odd man rushes. He made some pretty good saves to keep them in the game. For such a shot discrepancy, it would be interesting to know the scoring chances for / against. Yeah, Vegas doubled their shots or so, but they were not the quality shots Colorado was getting r.e. odd man rushes.

You can tell Gallant runs an offensive system, but you gotta be better in your own end to even get to the offense. I will chalk that up to a completely new team trying to learn systems through a garden hose and each other's tendencies. This season was always a write off to me anyways.

Ship just has to adjust to the smaller ice with less space / time to make decisions. I do not think he is too calm / relaxed, I just think he doesn't have his timing on the small ice yet and hasn't realized how quick prop get on him. That is going to take a while, but you can almost feel his creativity when he has the puck on his stick. Give him half a season and he will be as good as we expect. I have no doubts he will end up with about 55-60 points end of season.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Watching the game I thought Vegas looked very expansiony, a lot of opportunties wasted by not being able to handle the puck. Did a good job outshooting the Avs but needed to capitalize on some of those power plays, you can't go 0-7 and expect to win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad