NFL: Falcons to hire Raheem Morris as head coach

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Agree 100%

Morris is a bad dream. He’s a puppet hire for Rich McKay - - and that’s the biggest problem with the Falcons.

Similar to the Jack Easterby situation in Houston. Texans were a perennial disaster until they finally got rid of Easterby.
Says above in @GKJ 's post that Morris will report to Blank, not McKay.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Says above in @GKJ 's post that Morris will report to Blank, not McKay.

This is just a cosmetic PR move. AGAIN.

Weasel McKay was phased out of football operations when Dimitroff and Mike Smith were hired as GM and coach.

Then he somehow slithered back in and led the search for a new GM and coach - - Fontenot and Artie Smith.

And now here he is again leading the search for a new coach Morris.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Agree 100%

Morris is a bad dream. He’s a puppet hire for Rich McKay - - and that’s the biggest problem with the Falcons.
Have a read of this thread on X. It appears Morris crushed his interviews. And given the amount of interviews the Falcons did with other candidates, I highly doubt this is a puppet hire. They were very thorough and did their due diligence.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
IMG_0320.jpeg

Belichick had no use for Weasel McKay to continue meddling in Atlanta which - - as I explained previously - - is why he didn’t get the Falcons job.

Rah Morris didn’t “wow” anything other than “wow how can Artie Bkank be such a pushover?”

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
In the end, it's going to be all about the QB.

Draft? Fields? Cousins? Or someone else?

I read an article on ESPN the other day saying that, assuming Russel Wilson is cut, they should sign him to a 3-year contract (something like $40 mil) and then continue to draft Bo Nix with the 8th overall. Probably dumbest thing I've read in a while.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
In the end, it's going to be all about the QB.

Draft? Fields? Cousins? Or someone else?

I read an article on ESPN the other day saying that, assuming Russel Wilson is cut, they should sign him to a 3-year contract (something like $40 mil) and then continue to draft Bo Nix with the 8th overall. Probably dumbest thing I've read in a while.
I saw a writer stake that the Bears should keep Fields and still draft Caleb Williams so he can sit on the bench for 2 years since it worked for Jordan Love for like 10 games.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Falcons Armchair GM, AtlantaWhaler's offseason moves:

Trade for Fields (probably for the 2nd) - Backup plan is to sign Cousins though I think he stays in Minny
Sign a FA receiver (Higgins, Evans, Pittman, Brown)
With the #8, draft Dallas Turner
Draft mainly linemen in the draft
Profit

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Ridder was a 48 game starter at Cincy when he got drafted. Could have done a Super SR year, but instead declared for the draft, which I think is what he should have done.

Sat for most of 2022 behind Mariotta, but got in 4 games as a starter. As prepared as one can be with the same HC/OC into year 2 in the NFL. Just didn't perform the way he needed to.

Just was not good enough.

I also would not be surprised if they opted for Russ Wilson either. Zac Robinson is the new OC for Morris. He was a pass game coordinator and QB coach for the Rams the past 2 years

See what they decide to do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad