NFL: Falcons to hire Raheem Morris as head coach

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Fun fact: Raheem Morris is already 4-7 as Falcons head coach.

Reactions: Voight

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Josina Anderson gonna need to double check her sources

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
lol. wasn't morris recently the falcons interim HC a few years ago?

guess they weren't willing to give BB full control over everything

Sep 19, 2008
wtf. it was supposed to be belichick who got a 2nd interview.

Was listening to the BS podcast and Bill implied that Bill wanted total control and the FO figures were just pushing back

Surprised that Bill did not get this job. With positions quickly filling up the best ever coach in recent memory could be out of comission

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Really weird not to wait for someone from the dominant Ravens or a coach responsible for helping take the dismal Lions to their best season EVER.

But OK.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Really weird not to wait for someone from the dominant Ravens or a coach responsible for helping take the dismal Lions to their best season EVER.

But OK.

Fully expecting Ben Johnson to leave for Washington and be with his buddy.

Aaron Glenn is more in the Dan Campbell vein. Picked up some interest but I suspect he is coming back.

I know Morris had a cup of coffee with Tampa but I don't really know that much. I also never understood the Belichick buzz when he was leaving a team with no QB just to interview with a team with no QB.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Belichick only really makes sense as a hire in a similar vein that you see guys like Peter Laviolette, Barry Trotz, Darryl Sutter were/are or I guess what people think Doc Rivers is apparently where you’re looking for a closer, and it’s not really how the NFL works in that regard. Who is underachieving relative to their talent. Who thinks they should be making Super Bowls and aren’t?

Karterthadon

Nov 1, 2022
McCarthy doesn't have an extension so Bellichick might be on standby for the Cowboys when (not if) they flame out next year.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
In the end, it really only matters who Atlanta selects for their QB. There isn't a coach out there who can win with Mariota or Ridder as their QB.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
given the choices available, this may be the worst coaching hire i’ve seen since i started watching the nfl

the guy was already your interim coach! and you’re bringing him back?!? over vrabel, belichick? what the actual f***

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Not even Raheem Morris believes Raheem Morris is a dream hire.

Agree 100%

Morris is a bad dream. He’s a puppet hire for Rich McKay - - and that’s the biggest problem with the Falcons.

Similar to the Jack Easterby situation in Houston. Texans were a perennial disaster until they finally got rid of Easterby.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00