Cut/Released: Falcons release Roddy White

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The GOAT!

He has been great for them but it's time. It was probably time last offseason.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
One of my favorites, numbers have really gone down the last couple years & especially since Jones took over as #1.

I think NE would be a great fit for him.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't know if I am thrilled to see that guy go because of how big of an ass clown he is, or upset because this means he won't take the Falcons down again like he did last year. Would be nice if he stayed in the division so he can help Winston regress.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Quinn thinks a reunion with Koetter might be in the works

Their offence is already fine but I'm guessing they cut V-Jax to save cap space and get Roddy at a cheaper price.

They didn't get rid of the real guy here. Time to move on from Matt Ryan.

He's paid a lot but at the same time they don't have a concrete successor in place. However he's still putting up decent numbers.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I guess. He's nothing spectacular. Never got the hype though.

Seeing the list of retread QB's on the market, on certain teams, as well as the ones in the draft, I have no problem with Matt as the QB. He did have a terrible year, though.

The 3 teams that keep coming up for Roddy are the Bucs, Titans, and Panthers. I predict he goes to Carolina.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I don't know how I would feel about White here. For one, I don't like him. For two, he's definitely aging and declining. For three, he always seems to be the most vocal whenever the Falcons/Panthers meet. For four, Benjamin/Funchess/Ginn/Brown/ProbableDP plus Olsen doesn't leave a whole lot of room for him. For five, with what Jared Allen said on NFL Network, he doesn't seem like he'd fit in.

Wait did I just write a Buzzfeed article

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I guess. He's nothing spectacular. Never got the hype though.

Same here. Most of the hype came from his 2012 season, Atlanta having a QB who wasnt Vick & the fact the guys picked before him were an OL and DE.

Seeing the list of retread QB's on the market, on certain teams, as well as the ones in the draft, I have no problem with Matt as the QB. He did have a terrible year, though.

The 3 teams that keep coming up for Roddy are the Bucs, Titans, and Panthers. I predict he goes to Carolina.

Bucs make the most sense. Familiar with Koetter, very solid offence already, running mate in Mike Evans. Young and upcoming QB.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't know how I would feel about White here. For one, I don't like him. For two, he's definitely aging and declining. For three, he always seems to be the most vocal whenever the Falcons/Panthers meet. For four, Benjamin/Funchess/Ginn/Brown/ProbableDP plus Olsen doesn't leave a whole lot of room for him. For five, with what Jared Allen said on NFL Network, he doesn't seem like he'd fit in.

Wait did I just write a Buzzfeed article

You need to do a slide show to do a Buzzfeed article.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad