NFL: Falcons fire most of their coaching staff

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Quinn is next i imagine if the team continues to decline. If the chairs around you start to disappear, you have to assume your ass is next.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Falcons had a lot of injuries this year which exposed their perennial lack of depth. Not sure firing the coaches is the right move. They do need to work on their depth throughout the roster, and how long has it been since that team had a legitimately good offensive line? Maybe 20, 25 years? Not exaggerating, they've had bad offensive lines forever. Bad offensive line usually = underachievement.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Like I said in the other thread, I think getting rid of Manuel is a mistake.

Definitely, the Falcons don't have much depth behind their starters and they pretty much did patch up work through out the season. I can see why he was let go but not his fault almost half of the starting defense went on IR.

Falcons should draft/develop better talent.

I do believe they have AT LEAST 1 or 2 more runs with Matt Ryan and that defense.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Falcons had a lot of injuries this year which exposed their perennial lack of depth. Not sure firing the coaches is the right move. They do need to work on their depth throughout the roster, and how long has it been since that team had a legitimately good offensive line? Maybe 20, 25 years? Not exaggerating, they've had bad offensive lines forever. Bad offensive line usually = underachievement.

Two years ago under Shanahan.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I'd argue that wasn't a legitimately good line. They were decent. Ryan got sacked a lot that year, including in the SB when they totally wilted.

By sacks? They were a historic offense in terms of points and efficiency. Top 5 in both rushing and passing in raw stats that people love. You don't do that with bad O-lines.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad