Failing for Dahlin / The Official Tank Thread

Should the habs make a run for the playoffs or tank?

• Playoffs

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • Tank

Votes: 249 92.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
to add to that did a quick search we would have 21 million roughly available next year. Which would likely be enough to be considered a contender even after siging Tavares to a max deal. It would really depend on what we plan on doing with Max's expiring contract and our willingness to play some youngsters - Juulsen - Scherbak

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Going off what you said in the second paragraph the answer is no. If someone like Tavares did think hey, this team can be a serious contender and signs with us then no. Too much money tied up in Carey next year a goalie who by all accounts is not playing good enough. With Tavares signed we would have no money to add that extra piece at deadline. No money no candy.

That's why Dahlin is so important. You're getting a potential superstar, Karlsson type player for effectively free. Patches at $4.5M or a young stud similar to Patches at less than that, Plex $6M gone, promotions for Scherbak and possibly Juulsen while the cap goes up an estimated $5-7MM gives us $21,000,000 in cap next year. It is very doable.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
That's why Dahlin is so important. You're getting a potential superstar, Karlsson type player for effectively free. Patches at $4.5M or a young stud similar to Patches at less than that, Plex $6M gone, promotions for Scherbak and possibly Juulsen while the cap goes up an estimated $5-7MM gives us $21,000,000 in cap next year. It is very doable.

Yep agreed. I spoke before I looked at our situation. I hope we spend it on forwards but the free agent crop isn't looking that hot this year. Evander Kane, Rick Nash

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
281rkf4.png

First try guys. We are going to win! Can't wait to draft Dahlin and make him back up goalie till he learns the North American game.

Habs also got 1st when I did it for the first time back in December.

Haven't touched it since lol

Reactions: sandviper

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
I think the biggest hurdle for the Habs going into this draft, is that it’s heavy on wingers and RD.

There a couple of LHD at the hand spot, but close to no centres.

Not to mention, pretty much every non-playoff team has both Dahlin and Tavares in their 2018 starting lineup.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Well considering the fact that, despite that almost all NHL teams have centers playing at the center position, the habs have wingers playing the center position, maybe we can draft a winger like Zadina and play him at center:thumbu:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Desired results for tonight:

- Islanders OT win over Boston.
- Philly OT win over Toronto.
- Columbus win over Dallas.
- Sabres OT win over Rangers.
- Senators win over Blues.
- Coyotes win over Nashville.
- Avalanche win over Sharks.
- Penguins win over Kings.

Reactions: PhysicX

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Desired results for tonight:

- Islanders OT win over Boston.
- Philly OT win over Toronto.
- Columbus win over Dallas.
- Sabres OT win over Rangers.
- Senators win over Blues.
- Coyotes win over Nashville.
- Avalanche win over Sharks.
- Penguins win over Kings.
And on top of that, plenty of points for Eller, Subban, Emelin, Beaulieu and Radulov.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Agreed...but will add

We
Are
Not
Getting
Dahlin
(unless the stars aligned and win the lottery...so no)

We have more of a chance of getting Dahlin then Tavares in my opinion. This all reminds me of the Steven Stamkos sweepstakes when there was that moment when Leafs fans actually believed they were going to get Stamkos. Tavares will re-sign with Islanders.

Reactions: PhysicX

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
You think we'll be picking at 14-16?....:laugh:
Mediocre teams finish in the middle. Cup winners and successful playoff teams pick near the bottom. The really crappy teams pick near the top.

For whatever garbage is in front of Price, Price will always steal enough games to make sure we can't Arizona or Buffalo ourselves.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Mediocre teams finish in the middle. Cup winners and successful playoff teams pick near the bottom. The really crappy teams pick near the top.

For whatever garbage is in front of Price, Price will always steal enough games to make sure we can't Arizona or Buffalo ourselves.
I'm convinced we are top 5 pick this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad