Pre-Game Talk: Fading Duck

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I hope the Oilers wipe the sh*t eating grins right off their duck bills.

1707427096560.gif

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
With the streak “business” over, I see the team recommitting to the system ( there were times in the last 6 or so games when it looked off), and digging deep.
The result will show on the scoreboard…big margin.
And yes, Brown will not score.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
According to Tony Brar these are the lines at Oilers practice:

RNH - McDavid - Hyman
Kane - Draisaitl - Perry
Holloway - McLeod - Foegele
Janmark - Ryan - Brown
Gagner

Nurse - Deharnais
Ekholm - Ceci
Kulak - Bouchard

Quite the shakeup on d.
Full blender mode

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011

RNH - McDavid - Hyman
Kane - Draisaitl - Perry
Janmark - Ryan - Brown
Gagner

Nurse - Deharnais
Ekholm - Ceci
Kulak - Bouchard

Quite the shakeup on d.
Interesting. I don’t know what to think lol

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018

RNH - McDavid - Hyman
Kane - Draisaitl - Perry
Janmark - Ryan - Brown
Gagner

Nurse - Deharnais
Ekholm - Ceci
Kulak - Bouchard

Quite the shakeup on d.
Jesus those are worse not better. Desharnais on the first pairing is a recipe for disaster. What did Bouchard do to be on the bottom pairing? Still stacking the first line, which has struggled 5x5 for the past several games, while leaving Draisaitl with a rotating cast of leftovers. Line 2 will slow the game down to the pace of a melting glacier. One loss shouldn't merit that much blendering, IMO.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I wouldn't count on it. I'm sure the usual suspects will be out in full force. Even if he manages a few points, it will be like "Draisaitl got his points but he still didn't move his feet or backcheck."
Its a spin on Drai feeding on ducks. As per my avatar and as per his tendency at same. heh. But yeah, you're probably right. Its why I said only 25% less negative comments.

Reactions: Duke74

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Jesus those are worse not better. Desharnais on the first pairing is a recipe for disaster. What did Bouchard do to be on the bottom pairing? Still stacking the first line, which has struggled 5x5 for the past several games, while leaving Draisaitl with a rotating cast of leftovers. Line 2 will slow the game down to the pace of a melting glacier. One loss shouldn't merit that much blendering, IMO.
Not convinced Perry is ready for this assignment yet. Man thats an old line. Don't even look at the average age...In time Perry can handle spots like this and why we got him with his hands and ability to make some plays. My issue is Perry tendency to make one off quick touch kinds of plays which is not the support Drai ideally requires. he needs one other guy that doesn't mind retaining the puck. At least Perry can work give and go's really well. They might just settle on that. Kane is in outerspace in 2024. Just been awful. The bad Kane time frames are being longer duration it seems. he used to pull out of these funks quicker. People will look at the stats and say.. "well, he has 15 goals" But he has only one over the last 5 wks. he actually started strong.

Jeez it was just one close loss to the cup champs

Dat second line... is going to piss off a lot of opponents :laugh:
Certainly going to be a talkative chirping bunch of players. Maybe that helps get their mojo going. To Perrys credit he's been making a lot of clever plays, just not with players clever enough to figure out the plays. That won't be a problem with Drai and it shouldn't be with Kane. Kane needs to wake up though.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
With the streak “business” over, I see the team recommitting to the system ( there were times in the last 6 or so games when it looked off), and digging deep.
The result will show on the scoreboard…big margin.
And yes, Brown will not score.
Clever phrasing. heh

I'll change it up a bit.

And yes, Brown won't never not score in this game. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad