GDT: Facing Extinction: Cats vs. Blue Sweaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
So eerr we have a game in one hour..No one made a GDT sorry for my lack of skillz :)

:panthers VS :cbj

Courtesy of NHL.com

PANTHERS (22-30-7) at BLUE JACKETS (29-25-5)

TV: FS-F, FS-O

Last 10: Florida 3-7-0; Columbus 4-5-1

Season series: This is the second of three games between the Florida Panthers and Columbus Blue Jackets. Ryan Johansen and Boone Jenner each had a goal and an assist, and Sergei Bobrovsky made 35 saves in Columbus' 4-1 win at Nationwide Arena on Feb. 1.

Big story: On the fringes of the Eastern Conference playoff race, the Blue Jackets are trying to bounce back from a slow start that doomed them in a 5-2 loss against the New Jersey Devils on Thursday, their first game out of the Olympic break.

"It's concerning," coach Todd Richards said in the Columbus Dispatch. "You have 24 games and you're right in the thick of it, but if you drop two or three it takes you right out of the thick of things. We need to feel the urgency.

"That game against Florida is a huge game."

Injury report: Florida forwards Aleksander Barkov (knee) and Tomas Kopecky (concussion) are on injured reserve. … Columbus defenseman Fedor Tyutin (ankle) and forward Jared Boll (ankle) are on injured reserve.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I'm a fan of this team no matter what but lately things have been really tough. It's like we hit rock bottom, then we hit rock bottom again, and again. So, if I could give a message to the owners, the front office and the roster its this: GIVE ME.. SOMETHING.. TO CHEER ABOUT.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
A big trade involving timmy, which would get us something good?! Either that or they just dont want timmy to play back2back............

I'm thinking B2B. Blues got Miller, don't really see a team agressively going after Timmy.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
A big trade involving timmy, which would get us something good?! Either that or they just dont want timmy to play back2back............

Two games in less than 48 hrs. He's just getting the day off, probably.

On a side note I love the Jackets third jersey.

MillarWithASave

#CatsAreComing
Dec 12, 2011
Melbourne, FL
That trade confuses me. Didn't the Blues already have like plenty of goalies? Halak, Elliott, etc?

Halak and Elliott are both pretty good goalies, but the Blues weakest link was their goaltending. Even though they were still a really great team, with Miller they will be a favorite for the Stanley Cup. Miller is a world class goalie in my opinion, he makes the team that much better, plus the Blues get a great two-way gritty 2nd line center in Ott, who will fill the role left by Chris Stewart who has not lived up to standards as of recently.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
That trade confuses me. Didn't the Blues already have like plenty of goalies? Halak, Elliott, etc?

Halak isn't very good. Elliot isn't a "big game" goalie. Miller is much better as a clear cut #1 for them. Allen is a question mark to see if the Blues sign Milker long term.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Here I go, hope as there is no score in the game. Maybe they'll win, maybe they'll mesh and surprise me.

Hope; it's all I have left when I watch a game.

A beautiful Saturday afternoon- 77 degreees and not a cloud in the sky - and here I am hoping for a win!

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
Clear cut interference on the offensive zone. You can't lay off the guy after all these years, Gomez? Jesus.

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
I dont even have words to describe this. I dont feel like watching panthers play at all. I want to see some change; make a trade, call a good youngster up from SA (probably not a good idea since theyre doing good atm), just something. I dont wanna see this same **** i see every game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad