News Article: "Face It: The Bruins Are Soft"

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
I care more about winning than being the "big bad bruins" right now. Being the "big bad bruins" is a great compliment to being on top, but winning should be the focus. I'm all for being more skilled if that is how they want to develop the team. We just can't have a team of skill playing a grinding, blue collar game and expect to get anywhere with it.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
I care more about winning than being the "big bad bruins" right now. Being the "big bad bruins" is a great compliment to being on top, but winning should be the focus. I'm all for being more skilled if that is how they want to develop the team. We just can't have a team of skill playing a grinding, blue collar game and expect to get anywhere with it.

This team lacks identity, what kind of team are they exactly? not very physical, not very fast and not overly skilled.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
This team lacks identity, what kind of team are they exactly? not very physical, not very fast and not overly skilled.

Our identity seems to be a team where management makes moves like we are contenders, but our team and roster say otherwise.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

No, but you can have talent in the top 3 lines as well as a grinding 4th line that makes you pay the price.

Right now i bet this team wouldn't even push or shove if one of their stars got clobbered from behind. They're like zombies.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
No, but you can have talent in the top 3 lines as well as a grinding 4th line that makes you pay the price.

Right now i bet this team wouldn't even push or shove if one of their stars got clobbered from behind. They're like zombies.

I'm all for 3 lines of skill and a 4th line for some punishing play. We just don't have much of either haha. Somebody needs to tell Lucic to forget about that 30 goals and find his game again. The Lucic other fans were jealous they didn't have.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I'm all for 3 lines of skill and a 4th line for some punishing play. We just don't have much of either haha. Somebody needs to tell Lucic to forget about that 30 goals and find his game again. The Lucic other fans were jealous they didn't have.

Thats exactly my beef with the guy. If he's not putting up points, he should be getting nasty. If he's putting up points, he should continue to do so and if that means being less physical, so be it.

Right now he's just... just there. Not doing anything of either.

BlackNgold 84

Known Kellyist
Nov 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I think looch has definitely used his body more over past two weeks (save maybe the Kings game.. everyone played awful). I think after the Prout incident he has tried to go back to his old game.. I still like to see more finish from him. He needs to have a dance or two before the next columbus game.. I really do think he'll go against Prout.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Here's what everyone in this entire thread is missing: The whole league is soft; NHL hockey is soft.

Cid

Jan 9, 2007
Canada

Who are these stars you speak of? ;)

Cid

Jan 9, 2007
Canada
Here's what everyone in this entire thread is missing: The whole league is soft; NHL hockey is soft.

Not true at all. Fighting is just one thing and doesn't make one a tough team. Hitting and mucking and standing your ground also makes a tough team. Bruins are out hit in every game this year. They are always pushed around in front of both nets and their players are constantly challenged and back down.

Yes, fighting in the NHL is down, but regardless of fighting we are still an incredibly soft team in all other areas. The real areas of hockey.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Not true at all. Fighting is just one thing and doesn't make one a tough team. Hitting and mucking and standing your ground also makes a tough team. Bruins are out hit in every game this year. They are always pushed around in front of both nets and their players are constantly challenged and back down.

Yes, fighting in the NHL is down, but regardless of fighting we are still an incredibly soft team in all other areas. The real areas of hockey.

who are these players on the Bruins you speak of who are actually standing in front of the opponents net??? The guy who has a thread 37 pages deep is about the only Bruin I see consistently standing in front of the net willing to take whatever abuse necessary, the other 11 forwards....not so much

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
who are these players on the Bruins you speak of who are actually standing in front of the opponents net??? The guy who has a thread 37 pages deep is about the only Bruin I see consistently standing in front of the net willing to take whatever abuse necessary, the other 11 forwards....not so much

Maybe the other 11 would rather score "pretty" goals, since they are worth more? :naughty:

acr*

Time to make a statement then, abuse these soft teams, turn them into a bloody pullp on your way to the cup.

Agree 100%.

I don't understand the cry of "the league is changing; we must conform and be like everyone else." Get guys that can play hockey, sure, but get guys that also want to beat the snot of other teams and take away their will to compete. Don't just put on the tutu and be the last ballerina in the line.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville

That's probably because the Bruins and the Flyers have taken big steps down in terms of toughness. When your toughest teams do that, of course things get softer.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I'll never understand why the Bruins even considered going with the softer approach... like why? because the league is getting softer? so ****ing what...

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I'll never understand why the Bruins even considered going with the softer approach... like why? because the league is getting softer? so ****ing what...

Jeremy Jacobs and Gary Bettman are good friends.And Bruins won a Cup recently so all is good too Jeremy.Chiarelli will do what he says period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad