Injury Report: Fabbri Getting Close as well

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Wings are gonna be sending ringers to GR for the next little while.

Vrana
Fabbri
Zadina
Bertuzzi

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I love me some Fabbri. Part of how I judge players is thinking about how much I'd enjoy being on the ice with their style of play. And Fabs is a gamer, I'd be down with him as a linemate. He's a high-energy, offensively-competent F1 who can disturb and chip in some offense. Excited to see him back on the ice.

Reactions: MabusIncarnate

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
I love me some Fabbri. Part of how I judge players is thinking about how much I'd enjoy being on the ice with their style of play. And Fabs is a gamer, I'd be down with him as a linemate. He's a high-energy, offensively-competent F1 who can disturb and chip in some offense. Excited to see him back on the ice.

Many things to like about his game but dang does his lack of awareness with the puck limit him to a middle six quality forward. He just cannot make an adjustment as plays break down. Tunnel vision is a good way to look at it.

Hopefully he can stay healthy for a little while. This team is going to need every bit of its depth.

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
Many things to like about his game but dang does his lack of awareness with the puck limit him to a middle six quality forward. He just cannot make an adjustment as plays break down. Tunnel vision is a good way to look at it.

Hopefully he can stay healthy for a little while. This team is going to need every bit of its depth.
Oh yeah, I wouldn't advocate for him to play more than a middle-6 role. I like him in that role though.

Reactions: haulinbass

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I really like Fabbri, but no one plays well immediately coming back from this injury. He is effectively lost for the entire season in my eyes.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Ok.

So Vrana will play

28th
30th
31st

for Griffins.

Then he will be at Detroit lineup.

But, Detroit has game on Sunday at Jan 1st, quite sure Vrana is not gonna play 3 games at 3 nights.

So he will be back against New Jersey at Jan 5th.

Fabbri being ready at Jan 4th ?

Think he is gonna go to AHL for 3-game conditioning stint and those games are Jan 6th, 7th and 11th.

The next game after these at NHL is Detroit-Toronto at Jan 13th.

At January 11th, Bertuzzi has been 6 weeks out. So he will be returning on that time too. Maybe against Toronto, at Jan 13th.

Reactions: 14ari13

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Ok.

So Vrana will play

28th
30th
31st

for Griffins.

Then he will be at Detroit lineup.

But, Detroit has game on Sunday at Jan 1st, quite sure Vrana is not gonna play 3 games at 3 nights.

So he will be back against New Jersey at Jan 5th.

Fabbri being ready at Jan 4th ?

Think he is gonna go to AHL for 3-game conditioning stint and those games are Jan 6th, 7th and 11th.

The next game after these at NHL is Detroit-Toronto at Jan 13th.

At January 11th, Bertuzzi has been 6 weeks out. So he will be returning on that time too. Maybe against Toronto, at Jan 13th.
I think you're confusing regular conditioning loan (max 14 days) with LTIR conditioning loan (3 games, but can be extended by 2 more). Fabbri would fall under LTIR loan, Vrana does not, so he can play in GR for 2 weeks.

From Capfriendly:
  1. A player whom consented to a Conditioning Loan can be Loaned to a minor league club for a maximum of 14 days without passing through waivers. CBA Reference 13.8
  2. A player whom was previously on long-term injured reserve (LTIR), may be loaned to a minor league club for a maximum of 6 days or 3 games for the purpose of determining if the player is fit to play. This player does not need to pass through waivers. CBA Reference 13.9

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I think you're confusing regular conditioning loan (max 14 days) with LTIR conditioning loan (3 games, but can be extended by 2 more). Fabbri would fall under LTIR loan, Vrana does not, so he can play in GR for 2 weeks.

From Capfriendly:
  1. A player whom consented to a Conditioning Loan can be Loaned to a minor league club for a maximum of 14 days without passing through waivers. CBA Reference 13.8
  2. A player whom was previously on long-term injured reserve (LTIR), may be loaned to a minor league club for a maximum of 6 days or 3 games for the purpose of determining if the player is fit to play. This player does not need to pass through waivers. CBA Reference 13.9

I think in real, that Vrana does not play all 3 games at GR.

He will probably be too good from the first second down there, and will be called already after 2nd game and plays on new year's day at NHL.

Usually for better players, it's 1 or 2 games when you just see that guy is on game shape enough and that's it.

Fabbri will definitely need more time to get on game shape. Injury on knees, it's a big thing for your skating.

Bertuzzi is same as Vrana, hand injuries won't eat much of your gameshape/skating. Return will be with faster schedule.

Reactions: Shultzyfeelinirie25

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
Always funny to see, when Suter is scoring equally good 5-on-5 as Berggren and clearly better than Raymond, people are throwing him out as the worthless piece of shit.
Suter's only real utility is that he provides center depth. He gets 4th-line minutes for a reason.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Ras back to center?
I mean, no one's winning draws anyway. May as well let Sunny play center. He's smart enough to figure it out.

Always funny to see, when Suter is scoring equally good 5-on-5 as Berggren and clearly better than Raymond, people are throwing him out as the worthless piece of shit.
Less funny than the idea that Suter should play ahead of either of them.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Anyone think Yzerman has a trade in place?
In place? No. Unless someone is wanting to overpay for getting a guy now (which is unlikely because the teams adding don't have the space now) it makes no sense until closer to the deadline. I'm sure at this point he's already fielded many calls about the likely possibles.

But echoing Lalonde's comments from the post-practice interview today he's not even playing with lines on a napkin because until they're back, he's not going to assume he has everyone to shuffle around. Odds are high people will be shuffling in and out for the next couple months.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad