FA/Trade Thread 2014-15 Season V.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
They are the same age and Ashton has frozen hands in the NHL.

He does well in the role we need him to play though, which is a 4th line banger and energy player. We're not starving for goals and skill. Pajaarvi doesn't do well in a 4th line role.

If we need a top 9 winger, I think we have options on the Marlies that could do just fine.

Beleafer4

Apr 4, 2010
I'd want to trade Kessel for futures:

Seth Jones, Kevin Fiala and a 1st

Aleksander Barkov, Prospect and a 1st

Boone Jenner, Alex Wennberg and a 1st

Those are way too much. The one trade proposal that I used to see and liked was Kessel for Forsberg and Jones.

Then I would try to see if we could get ROR. We could give them a top 2 defenseman on our team in Franson and Bozak. Bozak is no ROR but can produce at the same clip and actually has a great cap hit.

We take a blow on offense but get much better defensively.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
How about something like Ashton for Paajarvi?

Save Blues $350k

If the Leafs want Paajarvi, I'd say claim him. They have an open contract slot and the cap space to accommodate. Waive Smith ideally, otherwise Ashton to make room on the roster.

If Paajarvi clears, perhaps the Blues want some cap/salary saved, while the Leafs could want to dump a contract in the deal to stay under the limit. In that scenario I'd try to fire a more useless player than Ashton the Blues way. (Orr, McLaren, Devane, Ross, Bodie, Broll)

MajorLeaf

Maj. Conn Smythe
Dec 19, 2008
Ontario
No, this is one player that is no longer useful in the NHL. Players with past glory don't always come back to their former glory. Let's not taint this Leafs team with former Senators that have collapse against the Leafs years prior.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I'd do it for the novelty factor if nothing else. Remember that funny feeling when Lindros was a Leaf? Good times.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
They are the same age and Ashton has frozen hands in the NHL.

Sure, but so does Paajarvi. Ashton at least has the superior AHL stats which indicates that he at least has the potential to score in the NHL (unlikely perhaps, but still). I don't see anything promising with Paajarvi .

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
If the Leafs want Paajarvi, I'd say claim him. They have an open contract slot and the cap space to accommodate. Waive Smith ideally, otherwise Ashton to make room on the roster.

If Paajarvi clears, perhaps the Blues want some cap/salary saved, while the Leafs could want to dump a contract in the deal to stay under the limit. In that scenario I'd try to fire a more useless player than Ashton the Blues way. (Orr, McLaren, Devane, Ross, Bodie, Broll)

Sure, but so does Paajarvi. Ashton at least has the superior AHL stats which indicates that he at least has the potential to score in the NHL (unlikely perhaps, but still). I don't see anything promising with Paajarvi .

I don't see anything developing in Ashton, maybe he needs to talk to a psychologist, either he's just never been able to get over the stage fright or he's just a career AHLer.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Holy ****! We're getting a ****ing all-star!!!

EZIyBcr.jpg

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
leafs
Zach Bogosian

:jets
Jake Gardiner
Carter Ashton (or approximately equal valued prospect)

I think essentially a one-for-one deal is fair. I would be totally for this type of deal.

You think that Jake Gardiner for Zach Bogosian is "fair" and something that Winnipeg would - and should - do?

Seriously?

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
I'd like to see Ashton get a regular shift for e few games
You hate to give up on someone who never really got a chance

Last edited:

Tyler Biggs*

They need a couple better defensive players on the back end. Holzer is one, so find another Nonis. Can't wait for Komarov to get back too.

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
if were trying to acquire one of Arizona's top Dmen I would much rather pay the price and get OEL over Yandle. OEL is having a bit of a down year aswell and maybe might be able to get him a little cheaper.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
if were trying to acquire one of Arizona's top Dmen I would much rather pay the price and get OEL over Yandle. OEL is having a bit of a down year aswell and maybe might be able to get him a little cheaper.

The price difference between Yandle and OEL is probably "willing to move for a high price" vs "untouchable".

I doubt it's a small gap.

William Nylander*

You think that Jake Gardiner for Zach Bogosian is "fair" and something that Winnipeg would - and should - do?

Seriously?

He also thinks Gardiner is better than Yandle, so logically the Jets should be all over this deal :laugh:

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
I don't really know how much value Gardiner has based off his potential anymore. You have to assume that is all of his value really because everything else has no value.

I seriously don't see him as an attractive piece to many teams at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad