FA/Trade Thread 2014-15 Season V.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanner

Aug 2, 2009
I really hope we move on from some of these players and get a new front office, Lupul, Bozak, Dion and yes even Kessel, clarkson is unmovable. We need to start over, its pretty clear that these guys can't get it done and its the same story every year for how long now? 3-4 years?

Our focus should be on Nylander, Rielly, Bernier, JVR and Kadri if they somehow manage not to trade him away, this team is going no where the way they have been built, Burke failed big time and nonis made the situation worse, the 2013 playoffs hurt us a lot it gave the illusion that we were a team on the rise and it made nonis spend money trying to get the team to the "next level" when we weren't even close. I really hope shanny isn't blind to see what is plainly obvious.

one77

Dec 22, 2013
Agreed with most. We need to trade Kessel, Phaneuf, Lupul, Bozak, and move forward with Nylander, JVR, Kadri, Rielly, Percy, Bernier, and what we get back from Kessel/Phaneuf/Bozak/Lupul.

If we can get Seth Jones ++ for Kessel, and ROR for Phaneuf, then that's a good start.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Agreed with most. We need to trade Kessel, Phaneuf, Lupul, Bozak, and move forward with Nylander, JVR, Kadri, Rielly, Percy, Bernier, and what we get back from Kessel/Phaneuf/Bozak/Lupul.

If we can get Seth Jones ++ for Kessel, and ROR for Phaneuf, then that's a good start.

I wouldn't hold your breath for that to happen.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The win-now position they're in. With Kessel, they become legitimate contenders. And Kessel is not 34, he's 27.

The perfect time to sell Kessel off is this year. He may be 27 but that guy is already starting to look like he's out of gas.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Their fans have proposed Jones, Fiala and a first to us, so they obviously don't know the problems of living with Kessel day to day. Which is fine.

Yah, I'd take it. Having Seth in our top-4 would immediately make me feel better about losing Franson on Gardiner (or both). 3 moves that would immediately shake the franchise up:

Kessel for Jones, Fiala, 1st rnd pick

Franson/Gardiner for ROR

Lupul to Columbus for A Wennberg
(maybe not this one, who knows. I do think Columbus wants to bring in a player though)

We'd recover what $15M? And prospects Jones, Fiala and a 1st? And we'd miss fat Phil how much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad