FA/Trade Thread 14-15 Season V.27 | May Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
That would do it from my perspective as well. 2 1sts might be a tough pill to swallow for Carolina, but to give away Kessel and take on a really bad contract deserves a pretty big return.

Or we can pull a full Kessel and say Carolina's 1st and 2nd this year, then the L.A 1st next year for Semin.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Well I'm just excited to see what we get for Phaneuf and Kessel... Because I just know it's going to be a lot. And I can't wait to see a whole bunch of people with their tails between their legs when they realize that Phaneuf and Kessel are actually valuable.

Totally agree.

Kessel: Team's two best prospects + qty 2 1st rounders

Phaneuf: Team's best prospect + 1st rounder + 2nd rounder

Total = Three top prospects + qty 3 1st rounders + 2nd rounder

Then, we move Reimer and Lupul.

Reimer: 2nd & 3rd rounder

Lupul: 1st rounder

Grand total: Qty 4 1st rounders, Qty 2 2nd rounders, Qty 1 3rd rounder, 3 top prospects.

I think I have accurately captured the trade proposals of the more realistic, accurate posters that I've seen here.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
That would do it from my perspective as well. 2 1sts might be a tough pill to swallow for Carolina, but to give away Kessel and take on a really bad contract deserves a pretty big return.
I think next season Los Angeles makes the playoffs, so their pick won't be at #13 like it is this year. So it's not like Carolina would be giving up their own 1st round pick in 2016.

InShannyWeTrust

Bring on the trades!
Aug 6, 2009
Totally agree.

Grand total: Qty 4 1st rounders, Qty 2 2nd rounders, Qty 1 3rd rounder, 3 top prospects.

I think I have accurately captured the trade proposals of the more realistic, accurate posters that I've seen here.

This isn't NHL 15

Babcocks Marner

It's a magical time
Mar 3, 2015
Toronto
Totally agree.

Come on man..... I mean.............come on! :help:

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
The best I can see Lupul get us is a mid round pick or a player with a similar cap hit who could either use a change of scenery, or a team that is loaded at a certain position like defense. Somebody proposed Bieksa for Lupul and I proposed Girardi for Lupul a few weeks ago.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Totally agree.

This isn't NHL 15

Downgrade Lupul to 2nd rounder and prospect then. I think this summarizes what I've seen here.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

you actually got that far? I read the Kessel part laughed, and then stopped once I read Phaneuf. Even if those first 2 weren't bad enough the Reimer one would have been a good place to stop. All 4 of those are not happening.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
you actually got that far? I read the Kessel part laughed, and then stopped once I read Phaneuf. Even if those first 2 weren't bad enough the Reimer one would have been a good place to stop. All 4 of those are not happening.

Just trying to take a snapshot of what I see being proposed here.

The free agent market is weak, and our players (e.g., Kessel, Phaneuf) are the best available. Bidding war will ensue and return will be huge.

No?

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Totally agree.

See this is what I've been saying for the longest time, but I have always been shot down. I think Reimer is a little high right now unless someone specifically targets him, but besides that it's about what I expect. Well I expect someone to give us a 2nd and a prospect for Lupul, but depending on the prospect, that's about the same thing.

Though the Phaneuf and Kessel deal was exactly what I was thinking they were worth... But see, if I suggested that on the boards, I'd get yelled off the thread before any sort of serious discussion could be made.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Just trying to take a snapshot of what I see being proposed here.

The free agent market is weak, and our players (e.g., Kessel, Phaneuf) are the best available. Bidding war will ensue and return will be huge.

No?

You're not going to get 2 1st and 2 top prospects for Kessel, that's just silly. Look at a team that could use him. Columbus just say. They're not going to give up 2 of Wennberg, Rychel, Dano, and 8th overall this year, and their 1st next year are you crazy?

We'll be able to fetch and 1st + prospect. The Prospect will depend on how good the 1st is. If it's the Columbus 1st at 8th overall then you can add Wennberg, and maybe a minor add, maybe. If it's some team in the 20's then the prospect will be very significant.

Phaneuf isn't going to get a team's 1st and top prospect. The Wings wouldn't trade us Mantha this offseason and suddenly you think you're somehow going to be able to pry Mantha + 1st? Or Edmonton, you're not getting Draisaitl let alone them adding to it.

For Phaneuf I'd target Dallas' 1st at 12 with something added maybe but certainly not a top prospect.

Reimer for a 2nd and 3rd is silly. We gave LA Scrivens so they could have a backup once they traded Bernier and he played absolutely lights out in LA and got traded for a 3rd. Reimer hasn't been lights out anywhere lately, backups are worth very little, I'd have a hard job expecting anyone to give even a 2nd.

Lupul for a 1st is just crazy. Do you see his cap hit? Did you see how well he played this season? Do you see his injury concerns? He'd almost get through waivers, hold onto him, hope he has a bounceback season and maybe we get someone for him at the trade deadline.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Well I'm just excited to see what we get for Phaneuf and Kessel... Because I just know it's going to be a lot. And I can't wait to see a whole bunch of people with their tails between their legs when they realize that Phaneuf and Kessel are actually valuable.

Totally agree.

See this is what I've been saying for the longest time, but I have always been shot down. I think Reimer is a little high right now unless someone specifically targets him, but besides that it's about what I expect. Well I expect someone to give us a 2nd and a prospect for Lupul, but depending on the prospect, that's about the same thing.

Though the Phaneuf and Kessel deal was exactly what I was thinking they were worth... But see, if I suggested that on the boards, I'd get yelled off the thread before any sort of serious discussion could be made.

You're not going to get 2 1st and 2 top prospects for Kessel, that's just silly. Look at a team that could use him. Columbus just say. They're not going to give up 2 of Wennberg, Rychel, Dano, and 8th overall this year, and their 1st next year are you crazy?

We'll be able to fetch and 1st + prospect. The Prospect will depend on how good the 1st is. If it's the Columbus 1st at 8th overall then you can add Wennberg, and maybe a minor add, maybe. If it's some team in the 20's then the prospect will be very significant.

Phaneuf isn't going to get a team's 1st and top prospect. The Wings wouldn't trade us Mantha this offseason and suddenly you think you're somehow going to be able to pry Mantha + 1st? Or Edmonton, you're not getting Draisaitl let alone them adding to it.

For Phaneuf I'd target Dallas' 1st at 12 with something added maybe but certainly not a top prospect.

Reimer for a 2nd and 3rd is silly. We gave LA Scrivens so they could have a backup once they traded Bernier and he played absolutely lights out in LA and got traded for a 3rd. Reimer hasn't been lights out anywhere lately, backups are worth very little, I'd have a hard job expecting anyone to give even a 2nd.

Lupul for a 1st is just crazy. Do you see his cap hit? Did you see how well he played this season? Do you see his injury concerns? He'd almost get through waivers, hold onto him, hope he has a bounceback season and maybe we get someone for him at the trade deadline.

Did you see the "I think I've captured the proposals that I've seen here" part?

Or,

"Just trying to take a snapshot of what I see being proposed here."

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Did you see the "I think I've captured the proposals that I've seen here" part?

Or,

"Just trying to take a snapshot of what I see being proposed here."

please show me a post where someone said the Leafs are going to get 2 1st's and the top 2 prospects from a team for Kessel. Or when someone said the Leafs are going to get a 1st, a 2nd, and a teams top prospect for Phaneuf. I have not seen those posts and do not believe they exist.

I agree that our players have been undervalued on the trade board, but you're going way overboard.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
please show me a post where someone said the Leafs are going to get 2 1st's and the top 2 prospects from a team for Kessel. Or when someone said the Leafs are going to get a 1st, a 2nd, and a teams top prospect for Phaneuf. I have not seen those posts and do not believe they exist.

I agree that our players have been undervalued on the trade board, but you're going way overboard.

#963, 3rd quote from top.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012

Agree with all of this.

8th + Wennberg would be a great deal for Kessel. I'm just not sure if Columbus does it. I think they would be much more interested in JVR.

If the red wings still want Phaneuf..Jurco+their 1st does it for me.
If Chiarelli wants Phaneuf to toughen up the oilers blue line...I dont see any good forward prospects we could snag with the Pitts 1st... They have some D worth value...Klefbom... But i'm not sure they'd trade any up and coming D they have.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
If Chiarelli wants Phaneuf to toughen up the oilers blue line...I dont see any good forward prospects we could snag with the Pitts 1st... They have some D worth value...Klefbom... But i'm not sure they'd trade any up and coming D they have.

Don't see the Oilers trading D, they have Klefbom, Nurse and not much else in term of D for the future.

I'd like to add to Phaneuf to get Draisaitl but I've seen enough of that on the trade board, assuming it doesn't happen how does Pens 1st + Oilers 2nd sound?

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Agree with all of this.

8th + Wennberg would be a great deal for Kessel. I'm just not sure if Columbus does it. I think they would be much more interested in JVR.

If the red wings still want Phaneuf..Jurco+their 1st does it for me.

I thought most teams were interested in Kessel and would pay through the nose to get him? Not true?

Aren't you a little light on the Phaneuf trade? Could we not squeeze them for more? From what I hear, he's the best defender on the market that is highly coveted. Return is rumored to be big.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013

Hey, that's me! :)

And yet, even I don't go out there and make those proposals, even though I think it's fair, because I know I'll just be banging my head against a wall and not get anywhere. Also, I'm not talking about some crap team with a top 10 pick, I'm talking about a playoff team.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Hey, that's me! :)

And yet, even I don't go out there and make those proposals, even though I think it's fair, because I know I'll just be banging my head against a wall and not get anywhere. Also, I'm not talking about some crap team with a top 10 pick, I'm talking about a playoff team.

I'm trying to put my head around the more optimistic proposals I've seen and find support.

Not finding the support so far.

The proposals I mentioned were pretty close to what I've seen from some, but not going to be a secretary for anyone and do their research for them. :yo: :eek:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

SeaOfBlue is you respected poster? :laugh:

I've seen several Leaf fans tell him his evaluation of trades are off. Perhaps more than those who agree with him.

and besides that post was after yours, your post says " I have accurately captured the trade proposals of the more realistic, accurate posters" which means there were ones before that.

So lets see them. I'm all prepared for the 2015 8th overall, 2016 1st, Wennberg, Dano/Rychel posts you're talking about, except there are none.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
The proposals I mentioned were pretty close to what I've seen from some, but not going to be a secretary for anyone and do their research for them. :yo: :eek:

So in other words I've made them up so I can't find them for you?

We'll get more for Kessel than the Kessel, Kadri, 3rd for Semin, 1st, whatever crap that's on the trade board, and we'll get more than Phaneuf than the Smith, Weiss, and garbage add on that's on the trade board, but we're not getting close to what you're saying.

I'd tell you to save this post and come back to it when they do get traded but you'll just pretend it doesn't exist like you're pretending other posts exist right now.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
I'm trying to put my head around the more optimistic proposals I've seen and find support.

Not finding the support so far.

I've seen several Leaf fans tell him his evaluation of trades are off. Perhaps more than those who agree with him.

and besides that post was after yours, your post says " I have accurately captured the trade proposals of the more realistic, accurate posters" which means there were ones before that.

So lets see them. I'm all prepared for the 2015 8th overall, 2016 1st, Wennberg, Dano/Rychel posts you're talking about, except there are none.

Read a little more closely and you should be able to figure it out.

Or, if you want to waste the time that you suggest I should waste, then research my posts and you'll see where I stand on some of these trade proposals.

Job is done. I'm out.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013

Thanks for the compliment, I like to think of myself as realistic, respected and accurate :)

As for people whom don't agree with me, that's a compliment too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad