FA/Trade Thread 14-15 Season V.25 | Post trade deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Draisaitl is a player the Leafs need to desperately pursue.

:leafs
Leon Draisaitl
Nikita Nikitin
2015 2nd round pick

:edmonton
Dion Phaneuf (1 mill retained)
Jonathan Bernier
Tyler Bozak

I'd do Phanuef at 50% retained for Draisaitl straight up.
Jesus Christ man.

Good teams don't come out of a rebuild retaining a 7 mill contract @50%, that's asking for cap trouble.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
^ I'd push for Pittburgh's 1st in that deal

Lots of salary heading Edmonton's way though that would kill it .. Would need to remove Bozak for starters

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
To Edm - Phaneuf ($1M retained), Bernier

To Tor - Drasaitl, Fayne

One move Edm gets their top pairing D, and a No. 1 goalie.

Tor gets the big future top centre they covet, and serviceable Dman.

IMO, with getting Eichel, Buffalo is going to push for Kessel, and the top RW they currently have to play with Reinhart or Eichel is Gionta.

To Buf - Kessel, Percy

To Tor - Zadarov, Hodgson, NYI 1st.

Buf gets top RW, and a prospect to lessen the blow of moving Zad.

Tor gets another 1st. A big young, shutdown type dman, with some offensive upside, threw over 130 hits last year in 60 games. Hodgson in there more for cap purposes, but still has upside and can play 2rd/3rd line C when we move Bozak.

I can't see other GMs lining up to give us multiple 1st, top prospects for these guys, when everyone knows that we are blowing this team up.

This trade is TERRIBLE... I still wouldn't do that trade if you took out Percy and the cap-dump/buy-out candidate Hodgson.

JMcLeaf

If we could dump lupul for a second I would want to spend 4 million a year at belesky

I hope we stay away if he's looking for that kind of money. Beleskey played most of the season with Kesler or Getzlaf+Perry so I'd be pretty concerned that he's just a product of playing with great players and would be a overpaid grinder here. He has really cooled off in 2015.

ShameOnYouZidlicky

Jun 4, 2010
I hope we stay away if he's looking for that kind of money. Beleskey played most of the season with Kesler or Getzlaf+Perry so I'd be pretty concerned that he's just a product of playing with great players and would be a overpaid grinder here. He has really cooled off in 2015.

I can see Beleskey becoming a Clarkson.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Do LA fans think they'll be able to sign Toffoli to a reasonable contract and remain cap-compliant? I don't have a great idea of Toffoli's value, but do you guys think JVR for LA 1st + Toffoli is a reasonable base for a trade?

Not sure if LA has any non-Richards cap-dump they'd look to move...

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
^ I'd push for Pittburgh's 1st in that deal

Lots of salary heading Edmonton's way though that would kill it .. Would need to remove Bozak for starters

that's a horrible deal, #2C, top pairing D and a starting goaltender for a top 6 C prospect and a 2nd? Not to mention that's 15 million in salary going their way.

give them Reimer, keep Bernier(he'll be 28-29 by the time this rebuild is ending) take out bozak

phaneuf(1m retained)+reimer+prospect for Draisaitl+pitty 1st+cap dump.

Bloomberg

Jun 20, 2014
If we somehow get Draisaitl
and
trade Kessel and Kadri for Provorov and Barzal

we would have going forward:

Nylander - Draisaitl - JVR
Marner - Barzal - x

Rielly- Provorov
Valiev - Loov
Percy - Granberg

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
I'd much rather we switch Bernier to Reimer and the 1st to EDM's 2nd to compensate the difference between Bernier and Reimer...

We need to get rid of both of our goalies imo. Sign a Ufa like Anderson in the off-season (2yrs x 4.5) and really push for O'Connor to be our back up.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
We need to get rid of both of our goalies imo. Sign a Ufa like Anderson in the off-season (2yrs x 4.5) and really push for O'Connor to be our back up.

O'connor isn't even interested in us, we're not on his list.

I find it pointless to get rid of a 25 year old starting goalie, dont feel spoiled with the goaltender position, he'll be good for a solid 7-8 more years at least.

even if he's not your best goalie, you dont wanna be stuck in a situation where Scrivens, Crawford, Mason etc. are your go to guys, Bernier is better than all of those guys. goaltending is not that easy to fix, takes alot of gambling before you get the right one(look at tampa before they got Bishop, gambled on Lindback and he didnt work out).

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
If the draft plays out like this...

Edm...McDavid
Buf...Eichel
Arz...Strome

Then, if we can pull off these trades...

Kessel to FLA for Trocheck + Gudbranson + 1st in 2015 (11th)

JVR to Columbus for 8th overall

Phaneuf + Bernier for Draisaitl + 16th overall + Purcell + Nitkinin

Then, we could draft...

4th...Marner
8th...Provorov
11th...Barzal
25th...Kylington

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
If the draft plays out like this...

Edm...McDavid
Buf...Eichel
Arz...Strome

Then, if we can pull off these trades...

Kessel to FLA for Trocheck + Gudbranson + 1st in 2015 (11th)

JVR to Columbus for 8th overall

Phaneuf + Bernier for Draisaitl + 16th overall + Purcell + Nitkinin

Then, we could draft...

4th...Marner
8th...Provorov
11th...Barzal
16th...Svechnikov
25th...Kylington

For some reason I couldn't edit....

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Who is the best player that Dion has played with since coming to Toronto? A developing Gunnar?

Most common defensive partner by year 5v5:

Season:
2010-2011 Francois Beauchemin (44.6% 5v5 partner). Partner's age is 30. Veteran with 300+ games played.

2011-2012 Carl Gunnarsson (55.4% 5v5 partner). Partner's age is 24. Played 111 NHL games prior to season's start.

2012-2013 Korbinian Holzer (27.3% 5v5 partner) No set partner with Kostka coming second at 23% as his 5v5 partner. Partners' ages are 24 and 26. AHLers.

2013-2014 Carl Gunnarsson (70.9% 5v5 partner) Set with Gunnarsson. Partner's age is 26. Played 148 NHL games prior to season's start.

2014-2015 Cody Franson (53.7% 5v5 partner). Partner's age is 27. Veteran with 300+ games.

Playoffs:
2012-2013 Carl Gunnarsson (80.8% 5v5 partner). Partner's age is 25.

Summary:
Best partner is Francois Beauchemin and then Carl Gunnarsson, Cody Franson.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
:laugh: i know. as much as people want to bemoan the fact that we were robbed, they tend to forget that the blues wanted Polak back

Haha whatever see if they trade for Gunner, they won't. Of course they want him back for the 5-6 pairing.

He is better.

Sep 14, 2009
Guelph
Draisaitl is a player the Leafs need to desperately pursue.

:leafs
Leon Draisaitl
Nikita Nikitin
2015 2nd round pick
2015 1st round pick (Pittsburgh)
Teddy Purcell (cap dump)

:edmonton
Dion Phaneuf
Jonathan Bernier

I think this is more likely to work given the salaries. Cap-wise it`s a wash pretty much.

Edmonton comes out of the first round with McDavid, Phaneuf and Bernier, shoring-up it`s defense and goaltending at the cost of, essentially, Perron (1st), 2nd rounder, Draisatl and two UFAs with no future in Edmonton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad