FA/Trade Thread 14-15 Season V.24 | Post trade deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I find it hilarious reading a lot of this. Panic sales, sell low proposals and far fetched scenarios but the worst... People now finally admitting that the 1st line is a liability and make the D look worse than they when I have been saying it for years in here and been ripped on for it.

Just get rid of Bozak and Kessel and you don't have to do much more right away. Maybe Lupul and Robidas but if Lupul has a terrible return forget it. I imagine Kadri will be gone by request which is sad and hope I am wrong.

I think Dion deserves full value back in a return. He looks good out there and is the least of our problems. I have no idea how its felt in the locker room.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Now now. There was that one time he made the pass that missed everyone, but on the way back around the boards it came right to him. That counts, no?

:biglaugh:

but honestly, i think that's Jake's big flaw. he's a v. slow thinker.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
I find it hilarious reading a lot of this. Panic sales, sell low proposals and far fetched scenarios but the worst... People now finally admitting that the 1st line is a liability and make the D look worse than they when I have been saying it for years in here and been ripped on for it.

Just get rid of Bozak and Kessel and you don't have to do much more right away. Maybe Lupul and Robidas but if Lupul has a terrible return forget it. I imagine Kadri will be gone by request which is sad and hope I am wrong.

I think Dion deserves full value back in a return. He looks good out there and is the least of our problems. I have no idea how its felt in the locker room.

I am probably ok with keeping Lupul if he can't be traded, but what would constitute a terrible return for a guy who can't stay off the IR, making 5m+ and has a .42 PPG?

:biglaugh:

but honestly, i think that's Jake's big flaw. he's a v. slow thinker.

All the tools, no toolbox. I have never really thought seriously about him being a winger, but at this point, why not?

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
I am probably ok with keeping Lupul if he can't be traded, but what would constitute a terrible return for a guy who can't stay off the IR, making 5m+ and has a .42 PPG?

All the tools, no toolbox. I have never really thought seriously about him being a winger, but at this point, why not?

Have you even noticed Lupul in the last 10-20 games?

I don't think the point would be to sell high on him, I think the point is to get rid of him as soon as possible because the return isn't going to be that different than if you traded him now.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
Have you even noticed Lupul in the last 10-20 games?

I don't think the point would be to sell high on him, I think the point is to get rid of him as soon as possible because the return isn't going to be that different than if you traded him now.

Not really understanding your post unless you meant to quote someone else? I'm actually in agreement that he should be traded

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Not really understanding your post unless you meant to quote someone else? I'm actually in agreement that he should be traded

Just agreeing with you and adding to it.

Lupul has been invisible for a long time. I guess it was more of a statement than a question.

Holding on to see if you get a little bit better return isn't the right idea with him.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario

Lupul has been invisible for a long time. I guess it was more of a statement than a question.

Holding on to see if you get a little bit better return isn't the right idea with him.

Absolutely. The idea that he offers vet leadership is not the reason he should be here next season. No one wanting him should be. he offers nothing else for 5m and at this point, he is just as much an anchor as Clarkson was

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden

To be honest, Kessel blows Lupul out of the water in terms of effort these last few weeks. There's not a player on the team that has given up the season as visibly as Lupul.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
To be honest, Kessel blows Lupul out of the water in terms of effort these last few weeks. There's not a player on the team that has given up the season as visibly as Lupul.

I think it's a list of many things that have added to the eventual departure of Lupul.

This is the final straw with Lupul as a Maple Leaf.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
It's bad when Reimer and Bernier appear to be playing a game of "no, you can play" :laugh:

Darkside Blue

There/They're/Their
Feb 17, 2014
all i know is that when he first joined vets were calling him silver fox for is play under pressure

not sure what's changed since then but for me it at least indicates he's capable in the right conditions

It wasn't silver fox, it was silver stick. You get a silver stick for playing 1,000 games in the NHL, and when Jake first came to the Leafs, he played like he'd been in the league for years, so calm.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
You clearly don't watch much hockey.

LMFAO you're looking at "advanced stats" and saying Gardiner is good... You know what? **** advanced stats, I can tell with my eyes that Jake Gardiner is awful, I hope he gets better

Last edited by a moderator:

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015

What would we do without the Kadri lover & hater posts eating up 95% of the forum?

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
Gardiner has one bone head lapse each game, we have to eliminate that & then he could be one of the best on the team. (a little more physical would be good too)

I find it much easier to teach a D how to play his men properly & properly positioning himself, rather than trying to teach a D about controlling the puck & not panicking. He's definitely a keeper, just the D coaches project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad