FA/Trade Thread 14-15 Season V.18 - Open For Business. 2 down many to go ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
I don't share your opinion. I would sooner be the Blackhawks or Kings then the Pens or Caps

3 of those 4 have won Cups so I'll be a Pittsburgh any day of the week. Best player in the game and a chance to win the Cup every year. How awful that must be for their fan base.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Find it a funny move for Nashville myself. Giving up 2 pretty big assets for 2 rentals in positions they didn't really need a lot of. Santo is a good acquisition for them but what use do they have for Franson ? If the leafs had of pulled off a move like that at some point these boards would have a melt down :laugh:

Uncertainty over Ryan Ellis means you bring in another steady RHD, plus experience to play slog side Jones.

They must think they can resign them too. Good citizens who know Nashville - Poile must like his chances

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Hope_Smoke @Hope_Smoke
McKenzie said teams are inquiring on Bozak but trying to pick the carcass of the Leafs due to them being in distress right now.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
well until the end of the season he'll be on the payroll (because of his extenstion) so I would imagine because he's paid - he would have to identify himself as a Leafs employee. (to prevent 'tampering' even if he was just watching the game) like he can't go up and be all "Sooo...."

Thanks, that makes sense.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
From the main board (Caley the mod in charge of the trade rumor section I believe):

I'm a little hesitant to post this because 25stanley isn't a major source of news, but he's rarely steered me wrong (He was the guy to break the Mathieu Perreault to Anaheim deal before any of the big guys), but he seems to have real connections with French Canadian players.

Info tout chaude qui vient de buzzer sur mon phone. Le gardien de but Jonathan Bernier serait sur le point de signer un nouveau contrat avec les Maple Leafs de Toronto. L’entente serait de 4 ans avec un salaire de 5 millions par année. Attention, je ne confirme rien dans la situation contractuelle; je vous partage simplement une info d’une source.
My translation

Hot info that just came across my phone. Goalie Jonathan Bernier is on the verge of signing a new contract with the Toronto Maple Leafs. The agreement will be 4 years with a an annual salary of $5 million. Be forewarned, I'm not confirming anything about this contractual situation; just sharing info from a source.

http://25stanley.com/rumeur-jonatha...ontrat-de-4-ans-20m-avec-les-maple-leafs.html

This would seem to put an end to those 'Bernier being shipped out' rumors that cropped up on Sportsnet recently.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
From the main board (Caley the mod in charge of the trade rumor section I believe):

4x5 eh?

Seem more like one of those "live up to this" contract instead of "prove your self" contract.

But he got a lot of supporters who say he is really good and I am terrible at judging goalies so perhaps a good deal if true.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Mid-2nd please?

Bozak legitimately should garner a late first in this bare-deadline market.

the biggest name available is vermette guys, bozak is the best C available on a contract as vermette is a rental.

I feel like we'll get a solid offer for him, 2nd+great prospect or mid-late first+decent prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad